ADVERTISEMENT

***NCAA TOURNAMENT 1ST ROUND - DUKE VS UNC WILMINGTON OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

At least we have no foul trouble. UNCW hit a ton of shots that last 10 minutes, several well contested threes. We will adjust. I just hope we don't turn this into a three point shooting fest.

We got this. Adjust, come out strong, make a run and maintain.

This is bull crap a full week off to prepare and get rested and this is the shat we come up with? Bull complete bull and we had 3 full days to prepare for a not very good UNCW team. Embarrassing I honestly don't feel like we have much hope but well see

Hopefully they will come back to Earth in the second half with the jump shooting. 6-12 from three, as well as many long jumpers, some of the fade-away well guarded variety. Hitting those kinds of shots is generally a good recipe for the upset. Hopefully Duke can make them more uncomfortable and out of rhythm in the last 20.

Why are we so many years recently awful on defense? Spare me stats every year it seems like our defense is hard on the eyes. It wasn't until late last year that we played good defense. Also spare me the can't miss crap I swear any game like this it's always "can't miss" sometimes they make tough shots but not every time. Our switching is awful.

Ingram has been something

Reactions: youngman42
We're gonna win this, settle down.

Please.

We're still favored to win, and I think we should; but that exact statement has been said many times over on this board at half-time of games against VCU, Mercer, Lehigh and Belmont (pulled out a 1 point win).

There's no rational basis for that statement given that past; Duke's limited bench; young players; UNCW is not a bad team at all.

We do have the positive of their being in foul trouble and that could hurt them down the stretch. The refs are inconsistent but those guys are fouling nearly every play.

Why are we so many years recently awful on defense? Spare me stats every year it seems like our defense is hard on the eyes. It wasn't until late last year that we played good defense. Also spare me the can't miss crap I swear any game like this it's always "can't miss" sometimes they make tough shots but not every time. Our switching is awful.

Ingram has been something
I think a lot of it has to do with the turnover we have had in the program. Not as many 3 and 4 year guys and the traditional Duke defense is hard to teach a guy to play well in 1 year. Communication is a must and we don't do it well without Jefferson

Reactions: crazyduke3
We're playing with 3 very good freshman, a struggling Grayson and a solid role player center. Then we have lead foot Matt and hit or miss Chase. We are limited and it's showing. This is what happens when you lose your entire starting 5 from a title team... Let's just have fun with it. Hopefully they cool off and Grayson warms up.

Reactions: youngman42
We're playing with 3 very good freshman, a struggling Grayson and a solid role player center. Then we have lead foot Matt and hit or miss Chase. We are limited and it's showing. This is what happens when you lose your entire starting 5 from a title team... Let's just have fun with it. Hopefully they cool off and Grayson warms up.

I think that's right. I still enjoy this team and hope they will pull it out. It will be a tough game though and UNCW believes they can win. I don't think that belief will go away unless we get up by 12+.

We must get some confidence going into the 2nd half. Grayson and Luke must heat up, early and often, and Brandon must really show why he is one and done. They are all over us defensively, so we must go to the hole!
Really be surprised if our half time adjustments don't bring us back to reality. All I ask, is that if all else fails, until the clock reads 00:00, we Battle, Battle, Battle!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

WTF?!?!?! How is that block a foul on Plumlee when a nearly identical block happened to Luke and they didn't call shit!

You can bet your azz that would have been a flagrant (no attempt at the ball) if it had been Duke doing the fouling.

OFC

UNCW's over aggressive play is getting them into foul trouble. That will get them in trouble down the stretch.

Plumlee needs to get a lot of minutes this half and I think that he can be a big weapon on drives and dishes to him underneath. He's strong and will either score or get fouled against their small lineup.

Lord I'm gonna have to start doing some jumping jacks or something to get rid of the excess amount of nervous energy I have right now. At least we are looking better in 2nd half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT