ADVERTISEMENT

Official games day thread- Duke vs Vermont- NCAA tournament

We did catch a break seeding wise when Wisconsin lost. I guess we will find out tomorrow if we can capitalize. But at season's start I think we would all take beat JMU to get to the sweet 16.

you can say JMU is underseeded all day and that’s fine but they ARENT as good as a 8/9 seed which a 1 has to play. Duke should win and had an easier way to do it then all the 1 seeds
Yes. If you would have told me at the beginning of the year Duke would be matched up a 12 seed in the 2nd round, I'd take that all day.

No one is saying JMU will be easy, they look solid, but they are a mid major for a reason.

I agree, except for Michigan State. The holes got lucky playing one of the weaker Spartan teams Izzo has had.

I will not be surprised one bit if Michigan State throttles Unc. Walker, Hoggard, Cassius Winston the II, Hall, and Company are good and are not just going to wilt for Unc. Remember these Spartans lost a close Sweet 16 battle against Kansas State last season. Izzo knows a thing or two about coaching too haha. Think the Spartans will really bother Cadeu today and Walker & Hoggard are going to go off!!!

Yes. If you would have told me at the beginning of the year Duke would be matched up a 12 seed in the 2nd round, I'd take that all day.

No one is saying JMU will be easy, they look solid, but they are a mid major for a reason.
Exactly

Not saying James Madison are world beaters. Just saying let’s hold off on taking shots at other blue bloods until we are scheduled to play second weekend.

Just my opinion but I don’t think there is anything wrong with having Leaders By Committee.

2010: Scheyer was the point guard, but can anyone say objectively he was more of a leader than Smith, Singler, Thomas, or Zoubek, that season? It seems like all 5 of them led in their own way throughout that tournament run.

2015: Cook and Jefferson were the Captains, but Tyus was a Leader on that team.

Just because multiple players fill The Leadership Role doesn’t make any of them any less of A Leader.
Just my opinion but I don’t think there is anything wrong with having Leaders By Committee.

2010: Scheyer was the point guard, but can anyone say objectively he was more of a leader than Smith, Singler, Thomas, or Zoubek, that season? It seems like all 5 of them led in their own way throughout that tournament run.

2015: Cook and Jefferson were the Captains, but Tyus was a Leader on that team.

Just because multiple players fill The Leadership Role doesn’t make any of them any less of A Leader.
Bull,please note I said "PLAYER(S)" intangible when referring to on-court leadership. I see nothing wrong at all with "leadership by committee," provided its CONSISTENT. I haven't seen it from this group.

Excellent examples you cited in your post. I would not argue at all. Tyus Jones is a good example of a '15 freshman leader. Still, most all of the players recognized were upper- classmen. OFC

Reactions: bullcity gamer
Seems like at least Proctor has the right mindset towards tomorrow night’s game against JMU. He said during his interview, “we need to be the aggressors all night and take care of business.”

Exactly what I like to hear!

15-4 run… they have that dawg in them

lol at people pointing to their OOC and SOS

Since when did that have anything to do with David taking down goliaths in the big dance 😂
All that talk Friday....

They had the 312 SOS and you still don't think that means anything?

All that talk Friday....

They had the 312 SOS and you still don't think that means anything?
You’re late, already accepted my crow

Nope still doesn’t mean anything. James Madison came out completely flat and we finally for the first time came out like the dogs we are. This isn’t the same effort that played against Vermont. And James Madison didn’t play like they did against wiscy either

St. Peter’s says hi…. They made an elite 8 run playing nobody if you recall 😉

You’re late, already accepted my crow

Nope still doesn’t mean anything. James Madison came out completely flat and we finally for the first time came out like the dogs we are. This isn’t the same effort that played against Vermont. And James Madison didn’t play like they did against wiscy either

St. Peter’s says hi…. They made an elite 8 run playing nobody if you recall 😉
Just alot of talk Friday night for a 40 point win. JMU played ALOT of bad teams and this is why I wanted them as opposed to Wisconsin.

Reactions: dukesince91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT