ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs UVA

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
📍 Duke
📺 ESPN
⏰ 6:00

Duke heads on toward the end of the season with our annual sludge game against Virginia.. we are currently a 9.5 point favorite which is like 20 against anyone else. I pray we force the tempo but expect a slow boring game. Idk how Virginia fans stand it!

We shouldn’t have an issue against this irritation of the cavs.. or hoos or whatever’s.. as long as we don’t get hosed by the refs..

Duke-52
Virginia-45

Hope we can get a decent lead, and try speeding them up. Ball movement is a big key.

Reactions: christophero
I feel like Virginia is being undersold a bit. They are still likely a tournament team (probably on the right side of the bubble right now) and can muck things up and make the game ugly. Still, we are at home and this is a game we should win. Sounds like a Young game, although we should see Stewart as well. Would not be a good loss with 2 tough games upcoming. @NCS and UNC. I think we handle business. One thing to note if Virginia wins they are probably in; so they should be motivated.
Duke 66
Virginia 61.

Last edited:
Yup, watching UVA play is like watching paint dry. And you have to hand it to Tony Bennett, he finds a way to pull other teams into his sort of game. If we were @ UVA I would be more concerned, and I do agree with Chris that UVA is likely a tourney team, so we better not take them lightly. But at home, the threes should be falling, and I see us pulling away in the second half. I won't be able to watch live, I am working today, but I will follow on my phone.

Duke 64
UVA 48

I think Blakes will get some minutes. He is a good, experienced guy to have as it seems we always have at least one guy injured.

I think Blakes will get some minutes. He is a good, experienced guy to have as it seems we always have at least one guy injured.
This would not be a game I’d want Blakes playing. We need to hit shots. Not turn it over. He cannot hit shots. And he’s become foul prone and at inopportune times. No thanks.

TJ should get those minutes even with his defensive liability. Because he can hit shots.

I like Blakes but you have a point. He seems to have regressed since the nose injury last year. Still hope he comes back next year.

If any game is a game won from hitting outside shots, it's this one. Feels like a game TJ could get burn, as someone mentioned. Feel very confident about tonight, which makes me nervous!

After the minutes TJ played against UL, I almost expect him to get 12-15 minutes today. He did not shoot particularly well, but I got the impression that Jon was trying to work him into the mix. It sure would be a luxury to have a reliable three point sharp shooter on the bench to lean on when the starters struggle......like and Andre Dawkins type shooter!

As with any UVA game, it'll be ugly and low scoring. Our defense against their guards will be key. Keep Beekman and McNeely in check and we should win. I expect to see some posters pop up on here that only seems to post when we're not playing well.

You would think that’s the recipe to crush UVA. Play fast. Get up twice as many shots as they do. Let’s go Duke!!

Flip staying in the post and Stewart is showing out .
I realize Virginia don’t have the size to handle Flip in the post but hit him every time down and let him continue to score and build confidence.

Virginia can't keep up if we score like this.
20 point lead!
It's over.
Could be NIT for the Hoos. They are fading fast.
2 nice plays by Young.
Good Lord we are up 25!
This team looks great. We are dominating a possible tournament team.

Last edited:
Good sign when Flip misses his first Shot, gets the board and putback. Made his final 11 at Pitt. Lookie tonight.

OFC, was it 2001 a nationally-raked Virginia team came into Cameron, K lined our locker room with the word attack, and we proceeded to spank that @ss?

40-15.
Yikes.
Prediction: after this season Bennett retires.
We need to put our subs in at 10:00 to go to rest up for Monday.
40 to 18 at halftime. Revenge for last year.

Reactions: sheyduke
Agree Denver. It’s a huge lead and a great half but I we need to close out all halves strong. We miss out final 3 shots and they make a three.

No worries though. Pedal down in the second half and get lots of playing time for bench guys. Let’s go Duke!

We look great. Virginia making a strong case for the for the NIT. Only negative is Roach limping off the court. Ugh. (Adam Rowe said Roach was limping and grimacing.)

Last edited:
Where's Kihei Clark when you need him lol
Yup, one opposing player I will not miss seeing. He always gave us fits. Tough player.

Seems to me UVA doesn't have the shooters it had during that couple year stretch when the were winning a lot and won the NC, Guy, and ??

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT