ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs FSU

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
⏰ 2:00
📍 FSU
📺 ESPN

Duke is currently favored by 5.5 on the road against a not great FSU team.. Tallahassee is somewhere historically we tend to struggle and seeing so many ranked teams lose on the road this year we are in for a dog fight for sure.

i really don’t know what to expect but i think we need to show some semblance of growth.. if so we should leave with a dub

Duke- 77
FSU-73

Duke, 74 FSU, 71

RUMOR; Some FSU players may not play because they are not receiving their NIL checks. I do not believe this will happen.

OFC

Reactions: kingbluedevil
That Trilly guy is reporting that the FSU players will play, but an interesting subplot. I think we win by 8, but a loss would not surprise me as they need this W for their resume. Stay healthy and get a W; I'm not concerned with style points. They play a lot of guys; so Jon may use his bench more. Will they press us? Would be nice to see Proctor bounce back.
I was there in person for our loss there with the Tatum team; I've never seen so many dunks on us; poor Jeter looked like a deer in headlights. I think we had Giles and Bolden; they didn't fare any better. I also saw us beat them decisively with the Seth Curry/Mason team.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
Let's keep this momentum going; we are moving into 2 seed territory but this week is a tough one. Right now I'd say we are a 3/4 seed. A 5 seed is a bad seed as you get a 4 in round 2, see last year. Gameday had us as a 3 seed.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
Darn Proctor out with a 3 game road trip looming is not good. Hope he heals fast. Does he have a concussion? Freshman can't play like freshman. Just get out with a W. If my Florida trip was one week later I could have gone to the game.

Last edited:
Blakes should get minutes; seems he only plays decent minutes when one of our guards are injured. Roach has seemed a little hobbled lately; we need a big game from him.

Last edited:
Why would he be out? I don't care he's not playing well, that's not good for Duke.
I am guessing "concussion protocol??" If you listen to this week's podcast, @ConorONeill
mentions Tyrese had a towel over his head the entire 2nd half vs Wake. Recall he hit his head on the court attempting to take a charge in 1st half.

OFC

I played Coach K basketball on Sega Genesis this morning and was down 33 to 5 at halftime to FSU. So hopefully our guys play better than me.
**It's official. Proctor out with a concussion. Did not make the trip.

Last edited:
Is espn seriously going to let Alabama game run out on a blowout vs airing the start of the Duke game? 🙄

I can't defend Flip today. He's playing awful. Hopefully he puts together a better second half

Same old same old...get a lead and then start to jack up poor shots and turn the ball over....just have no discipline to stretch leads and keep them

The good... we're leading at the half by 10 and McCain is on fire.

The bad... Because McCain was on fire, it was bad timing the half had to end.

Hopefully he doesn't go cold at the half. We also need a better Flip. He needs to find his identity

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT