ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs FSU

Had to follow on my phone from literally halfway around the world. Proctor out. McCain stepped up big time while others struggled a bit. End of the day it’s An ACC Road win against a tough opponent. I’ll take it every day of the week. Next.

Of course McCain's offense is way better but his energy reminds me of Jose Alvarado. He's always around the ball and a pest on defense. Not the biggest but definitely will get into the middle of things at all costs. Got the mentality of a winner and to never give up. We're lucky to have him.

McCain is a one and done so let's enjoy.

Side note for next year- Foster is going to be a good PG. He may not be a stud, but he's solid and will make a big sophomore jump. Will also help to have a generational talent like Cooper.
Holding my breath on this, given the performance of this year's sophomore class.

Of course McCain's offense is way better but his energy reminds me of Jose Alvarado. He's always around the ball and a pest on defense. Not the biggest but definitely will get into the middle of things at all costs. Got the mentality of a winner and to never give up. We're lucky to have him.

This is a Great Comparison!!!

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Weird game..Flip continues to struggle...McCain showed that he should be our primary shooter. Still turning the ball over too much and lacking some poise when ahead..a win is a win though and one on the road is always good. Onto the next one and more of the same I expect! :)

Great win, but if Jared isn’t white hot in the first half, we’re in trouble. FSU put great ball pressure on us, and swatted away a lot of shots. Which partly explains our having only 10 assists. I don’t understand how they’re doing so poorly this year.

Flip…what can you say? Someone needs to do a clip of all of his dribble drives, especially the spin move ones, that he’s done both years and show them to him - the success ratio is very low, the TO ratio really high. 6 TOs today. The good news is he left the 3 point shooting to the guards, and hit both his FTs.

Hopefully Proctor is ready Wednesday, and can get back to his Tennessee state of mind. We still have a chance at the regular season natty.

Solid game by Roach, but McCain is a beast. He’s turning into one of the most enjoyable guys I’ve watched play at Duke in quite a while. The kid has it, and I’ve said it before, he needs to touch the ball almost every time. He’s not selfish either.

We had way too many turnovers, and Flip had another one of those games. He’s too skilled to sometimes look like he does.

Now on to Wednesday at Miami. Looking for five in a row.

Note to McCain: take Proctor to the nail salon Monday. Take Flip too.

Some won’t agree but this was one of our best games of the year! Loved it.. time to run everything through the guards. It’s clear flip is in lala land or at least not capable of being the guy
Great win go duke
I agree we played tough and didn't back down when they tried the bully ball. I think McCain loved it and when he got pushed he didn't back down. I want Stewart to play more. When the ball comes off the rim he so much quicker than our other bigs.

Solid game by Roach, but McCain is a beast. He’s turning into one of the most enjoyable guys I’ve watched play at Duke in quite a while. The kid has it, and I’ve said it before, he needs to touch the ball almost every time. He’s not selfish either.

We had way too many turnovers, and Flip had another one of those games. He’s too skilled to sometimes look like he does.

Now on to Wednesday at Miami. Looking for five in a row.

Note to McCain: take Proctor to the nail salon Monday. Take Flip too.
I don't think Flip changes until next level. Just a habit of careless turnovers

Flip can’t play against size !

Just watched the game and will stand by my statement from last game . Flip did good once the two bigs got in foul trouble . 8 points this game against 6’10” players or better . We will need more out of him going forward.

McCain has evolved throughout the season which is a good sign . On to Miami .

Not sure what to expect at Miami. The talent is there for an upset (they were preseason top 20 but have imploded.) Seems like tough place to play.

Reactions: sheyduke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT