ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs Miami

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
📍 Miami
⏰ 7:00
📺 ESPN

Another road game at a place we historically struggle. Miami has been a very big disappointment this season after last years impressive run to the final four. We suffered a beat down at Miami last year and I would like to avoid that this season!

Nigel is out which is big- we’re currently a 5.5 point favorite but with that news I would think the line might move tomorrow

Duke-77
Miami-68

Duke 79
Miami 75
Our streak of covering the spread, 4 or 5 in a row I believe, comes to an end.

Without Proctor. Need 10 solid Blakes minutes. He made a couple big plays in Tallahassee.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Duke 79
Miami 75
Our streak of covering the spread, 4 or 5 in a row I believe, comes to an end.

Without Proctor. Need 10 solid Blakes minutes. He made a couple big plays in Tallahassee.
Agree. Blakes contributions are critical minus Tyrese.

Duke, 71-67

OFC

Reactions: DukeMan1986
I'm sure McCain is on Miami's scouting report, so hopefully others loosen their defense up. Sitting on four, looking to make it five.

We are deep at guard, so I think we win despite likely no Proctor. But I also think Miami is capable of beating us. But this team has learned how to win, so I will say Duke by 5. We don't need 35 from McCain, but 15 would be nice. Need some good minutes from Young and Stewart. Blakes should get some minutes. Miami is dealing with numerous injuries, so we need to take advantage. Pack is out and several of their guys are banged up from what I read. Roach may have a big game if they focus on McCain.

Last edited:
If Proctor traveled, he’s playing.

I think we’ll win, but it always seems like teams that are underperforming somehow snap out of it when we show up. I expect it to be close - 4-5 points feels right.

I expect another game where we get double-digit leads, relinquish them and hang on to win by 8-10 with FTs at the end of the game...

Gotta find the post on IG but it said Proctor is at warm ups and Miami's other guard, Cleveland is questionable.

Edit- saw recent post and it says Proctor will play

our pick and roll game needs some work on the offensive end...up 17 so will take it. Still work to do

One of the better halves I've seen in a while. Everyone got into the mix. Let's start out with emphasis and put this thing away

I think that’s the best half of ball I’ve seen us play all season.

Not sure if Miami is that bad or we are just playing extremely well….probably a bit of both.

Reactions: sheyduke
Great shooting tonight. Makes it look easy.

Can’t play so sloppy in the 2nd half. Got to play tougher with the ball. And get Flip the ball in the post. Got to get him inside more.

Reactions: Mac9192
Such as satisfying game to watch so far.

We might not have any players left at the rate we are being called for fouls. My goodness.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
I think that’s the best half of ball I’ve seen us play all season.

Not sure if Miami is that bad or we are just playing extremely well….probably a bit of both.
They have several players missing tonight

Naturally people are more vocal when we are struggling....we've been pretty good in this game. Not great but pretty good. UM is undermanned so that tempers the eulogizing. McCain has had a mixed night, Roach has been terrific, the rest has been spread around which is good to see. The game has been in cruise control from the 11 min mark of the second half it seems. Its nice to have a win where it wasnt in doubt at all in the second half

Great win. The ball movement was really good, and everyone that played contributed. I sure hope this isn’t fools gold, and we really are trending.

It is a sign of a good team though when the guy that led us with 35 the game before, has a relatively quiet game with 7 tonight, and we win big on the road.

Now a big game awaits on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT