ADVERTISEMENT

Official gameday thread- Duke vs UNC v2

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
⏰ 630
đź“Ť Cameron Indoor
đź“ş ESPN

Showtime! Big time! Revenge! Tonight’s the night. I can’t believe it’s the last game of the regular season.. this year has flown by and we have a chance to be co-ACC champs. Pretty impressive! We are currently a 5.5 point favorite which is a little larger then I expected but I’ll take it!

We need this win.. we need to prove to the committee just how good we are and hopefully they can’t deny us a good seed spot. I think we come out hungry and ready

Duke-85
UNC- 67

Last edited:
I'm feeling strangely confident about tonight's game. UNC is more experienced and has played well most of the season. They took care of business when we played them at UNC. However, we are trending better than they are. Bacott is going to get his inside based on the matchups. As long as nobody else goes off for 30, I think we are good. Flip needs to stay out of foul trouble and show up tonight. I am looking for big games from Roach and Proctor. Mitchell, McCain and Stewart are the wildcards. I feel like one of those three will have a big game. At home, threes should be falling at a good clip. I like Duke in this one.

Duke 84
UNC 72

Just win. We have a better team on paper and we are at home. If we can't take care of business at home we won't get a 2 seed. We could even drop to a 4. I think we win, but agreed, anything can happen. Seems like a game we need to win to be seen by the committee as an elite, legit top 8 team. Stewart will get minutes. I'd like to see him and Young on Bacot at times to save Flip from fatigue and foul trouble. If Stewart can play good minutes tonight we finally have the frontcourt depth we have wanted.

Last edited:
Putting Stewart on that big NC State center last game was a good move by Jon. He wasn't always successful, but he helped wear him out and was good practice for guarding a banger like that.

I’m a little anxious now that we all seem pretty confident. Quick, someone get Koach to post some negative stuff to settle me down!!

I think I’ll have a hotdog and coors lite to settle down.

Going off the diet today. Have my hot dogs and Lay's chips ready. Gonna have to work this off tomorrow. Let's Go Duke!
Iowa State loses. let's grab their 2 seed.

Last edited:
Foster still on a scooter isn't promising. We will be fine but no more guard injuries please.

What a joke. Missing easy wide open shots and unc can’t miss. Terrible opening

Reactions: sheyduke
Exactly how we started last game vs UNC. Run out of the gym and uncompetitive.

I didn't think it was possible to be down 13 after 6 minutes, yet here we are.

I was excited because I felt we were playing good basketball. Basically lost the game in the first 3 minutes. Can’t believe it

Reactions: mbdfan and sheyduke
Whatever confidence I had this game is officially gone . WOW is all I can say

Reactions: jamsession2
This is what experience does to youth, worst part is they’re probably going to be even better next year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT