ADVERTISEMENT

Official gameday thread- Duke vs UNC v2

You just can't get down 15 to these guys. Just like last game. Get it to 6-8 at the half and we have a shot.

That was the most insane chicken wing I’ve ever seen on tv from bacot and they called the foul on flip WOW

And bitch ass bilas totally ignores it

Definite makeup call from swallowing the whistle on Davis and 3 fts for power

Reactions: dukesince91
They are playing more physical defense. They shoot better. They are as quick as We are and more physical. And we are playing timid and passive.

This is why we need to get 1-2 strong recruits in the portal. Who are mature & physical and good players. Regardless of how great our freshman class is.

Reactions: jamsession2
If we lose I'm glad the clocks go ahead because I'm going to bed early.

Thusfar we are making them look like the Jordan, Worthy, Perkins teams. Have to cut it to single digits by half.

Reactions: youngman42
We just have to weather the storm and stop their 3s. Keep it close - get within 10 around half time and then it’s about playing strong mentally and great in the 2nd half. Stop settling for 3s but play hard and only take 3s in the flow of the offense.

Reactions: christophero
We look terrible but we are not out of it quite yet.

I am sorry but Ingram’s sister needs to be with the Duke fans and rooting for Duke. Root for your brother to do well.

But go to UNC if you’re not gonna be a Duke basketball fan. We shouldn’t recruit somebody if they’re not gonna be for Duke basketball. I know that sounds trite, but it’s a game and you gotta be with the Duke fans not the Carolina fans if you’re gonna be a student at Duke. She should play for UNC volleyball.

My dad used to have an assistant who would always say "basketball comes down to getting better shots than the other team." He's right. Okay got it under 10.

I'm sorry, I need the coaching staff to talk to Flip. They are pushing him around. We gotta be TOUGH.

I usually take up for Jay, but I hope he and Dan get to rub one out over the cheater defense at halftime and can contain themselves better.

scratching and clawing our way back in it. Like John Wooden always said, he was happy if the other team was hot shooting in the first half as they were unlikely to shoot as well in the second half. We got to drive and stop their drives in half court. And don’t let Ryan get open 3s.

Flip is Big Wing that benefits off mismatches. He's good, but not physically strong yet.
He should be stronger imo. But more so the fact that he is a wing who doesn’t shoot the 3 well - even in the college game - will hinder him. And he doesn’t have the speed / quickness to be a wing.

These guys are hit shooting great. Gotta keep it close and play better D in the 2nd half.

We had a chance to cut it to six or five and turn it over on a simple inbounds pass and go down ten instead.

Can’t have those things and beat good teams.

I told my dad last month when we were watching the game in Florida that Flip was a lottery pick and he looked at me like I was a crazy person.
Comon CLOSE OUT THE HALF STRONG!

Why could we not land even one recruit as good as Ingram or Ryan? Killer.

Duke looses this game and I do not know if they are just scared of UNC or this team don’t care .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT