ADVERTISEMENT

Official gameday thread- Duke vs UNC v2

Duke looses this game and I do not know if they are just scared of UNC or this team don’t care .
UNC is a lot more physical than us….they are a lot quicker too….we have to beat them with skill and execution which we are failing at.

If we are going to play them straight up talent vs talent they are a lot better.

We have to execute….

That’s the issue . Roach has 2 points and Flip has 4 points . If you only play for March then you are showing every team how to beat Duke !

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
We are supposed to have an elite PG and we have the ball to execute something at the end of the half and he takes a step back three.

Pretty good example of not executing anything….

Reactions: youngman42
Unbelievable. Inexcusable on that last few seconds.

Proctor with the stupid dribble and shoot three not even passing the ball, then he doesn’t box out on the other end, and gives them a two! Just awful.

It is a demonstrable, statistical fact that dribble and shoot threes are a very low percentage shot (unless you are Steph Curry. And, my eyes aren’t as good as they used to be, but I don’t see him on the court).

Scheyer needs to send a message. They are in the game and need to believe they can win, but he really needs to bust some butts at halftime. Sometimes you don’t play well and the coach just has to be calm. But in this case, he’s got to get in some faces and ask them if they want to fight hard and play basketball or shrink back and be dominated at home.

This team continues to mimic their coach. They are emotionless and have no fight.

Proctor has continued taking those terrible shots and not been coached up.

Mitchell should have left last year I. He is not the same player as last year he looks lost and has no energy.

Coach had 5 plus days to get this team ready and this is what we get.

• Haha
Reactions: JimboSlice00
That’s the issue . Roach has 2 points and Flip has 4 points . If you only play for March then you are showing every team how to beat Duke !
Flip isn’t tough…I’m sorry….but he is an all American at crying and whining….

Just toughen up and play ball and stop letting people push you around all the time.

Terrible first half but thank goodness for McCain and Proctor. Need more from Roach and obviously Flip has played poorly. Get this down to 3 or 4 in the first 4 minutes and we are okay.

Definitely felt like we played scared and timid. And another weak finish to a half. Could have been a 6-7 point deficit. It’s 9.

Really think Roach needs to step up. Flips having a rough game too. And the wild cards I was hoping for; Mitchell Stewart McCaun have not shown up yet.

Single digit game. Come out strong and cut it to single possession game by the 15 minute mark. Do that, and I like our chances.

Reactions: youngman42
Definitely felt like we played scared and timid. And another weak finish to a half. Could have been a 6-7 point deficit. It’s 9.

Really think Roach needs to step up. Flips having a rough game too. And the wild cards I was hoping for; Mitchell Stewart McCaun have not shown up yet.

Single digit game. Come out strong and cut it to single possession game by the 15 minute mark. Do that, and I like our chances.
McCain had a good first half. One of the few who did.

Wasn’t enthused about the body language in that scene before they came out at half. Hopefully they will turn it around.

Yeah. Where is the Roach we saw at NCSU?

If I were Scheyer, I would have written on a chalkboard at half, “the ACC goes through me.“ Armando Bacot.

Proctor has to be better on D.

Now way he goes to the NBA next year. He's got to be back. Could transfer I suppose but hope not.

Where the hell was that foul? Jay Bilas, and anybody who defends him, is biased for North Carolina. Period. Ryan pushed off with his elbow and should’ve had an offensive foul against Proctor. And then it was a clean block! I’m sorry but if you defend Bilas, you’re a Carolina fan.

Reactions: JimboSlice00
Let’s GO!!

Spent a lot of energy bringing it to one possession. Let’s finish strong!!

Can we put Flagg in and pretend he’s Schutt or someone else? Give him a player jersey?

Reactions: K-oach Q
UNC sweeps Duke and I’m not sure senior day even matters any more .
Hopefully Duke gets stronger next year .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT