ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs Miami

Great win. The ball movement was really good, and everyone that played contributed. I sure hope this isn’t fools gold, and we really are trending.

It is a sign of a good team though when the guy that led us with 35 the game before, has a relatively quiet game with 7 tonight, and we win big on the road.

Now a big game awaits on Saturday.
This. The ball movement was great. So was the defense. Solid play off the bench. I thought a bunch of guys played really well tonight. Yeah they were down a couple key players, but it's really nice, no matter what, to beat the shit out of a team that normally does that to us on their home court. Winning at Wake would make this a great three game road trip.

We win by 29. Beat that ass—no complaints from me.
My feelings exactly bleed. It would have been easy to put it on cruise control, and figure we could mail it in last nite.

The boys from Durham came a ballin,' never mind the Canes injury report. Team ball at both ends: Really bothering 3 pt shots, defensive rebounds, PLUS sharing the ball on offense for good shots!!(Even Bilas was impressed!!)

Good recipe for what shapes up as a huge match-up Saturday. Lawrence Joel will be a rockin,' GO DUKE!!!

OFC

P.S. @ConorONeill will no doubt have an interesting take, beat writer for Duke AND the Deacons!!

What a game!!! Don’t care who they had out it was awesome to see the ball movement which led to great shots.. that’s duke basketball. If we get flip to get that killer out of him (which he played really good tonight) we can still win it all

Let’s freaking go!
Good observations, AND Flip also impressed myself Pisg. He just seemed more relaxed, and let the game come to him. He had two terrific plays 1st half: stopping on a dime in transition and taking a pass to swish a three ball. His spin move and dunk was picturesque!! OFC

The game was good .

Just watched this morning, biggest thing was I thought Young was going to snatch up the ref on that late tech call when it was very obvious it was one and Bilas is a tool.

Our best game of the season, so far. The ball movement on offense was a thing of beauty. The switching on defense really took Miami out of what they wanted to do.

This team can just about at all times put 5 guys on the floor who can score from 3 or get in the lane and score. Not many teams (if any) have that. Thought Young gave great minutes. Flip has struggled some this year no doubt, but he was a warrior last night, and also made some great passes.

Last edited:
I got home from overseas yesterday just in time to crack open a (non coors light) beer and watch the game. I also feel that was our best overall game of the year. Our scoring came from multiple sources, and I thought our defense was excellent. I am not the biggest Bilas fan, but I agree with his comments last night about our D.......we aren't pressing and smothering and forcing tons of transitional scoring, but we are switching well, playing solid team D and forcing opponents to go deep into the shot clock and often making them force late shots. Miami was weak with the ball last night.

Solid game by Young. I know he's no Theo, but once again he contributed meaningful minutes and energy on the boards. I loved seeing him and Flip on the floor at the same time which I expect to see more of as long as Flip is not in foul trouble.

IMHO we likely beat anyone in the country when the 3's are falling like they have been recently. The question is what happens on a night when they are not falling against a big, physical team.

Alan, I agree with all you say. This offense was designed to get open 3 pointers and we were making them which is great. Hopefully on a night they aren't falling we can adjust and attack the basket with the intention of scoring or getting fouled and not just to kick it out to a shooter.

Our 2 best defensive efforts have been on the road (Pitt and Miami). Hopefully we can duplicate or exceed this on Saturday in W-S.

I like how the team is trending.

This is not a live by the 3, die by the 3 Duke team. Duke has had those in the past, this is not one of them.

Duke has a multitude ways of scoring when the ball is moving like it was against Pitt and Miami.

Guys who can drive and score/get fouled: Foster, McCain, Roach, Proctor, Mitchell, Flip, and Blakes.

Floaters and/or mid range: (Same guys as above, and Mitchell has been getting better with his mid range).

Putbacks: Flip, Mitchell, Young, and Stewart (needs to get more confident, but he is capable)

3-Point Shooters: Foster, McCain, Roach, Proctor, Flip, Blakes, Power, and Mitchell (he is improving in this area).

Duke’s offensive efficiency is one of the best in the country and now the defense is trying to catch up, very refreshing to witness!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT