ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

Maybe some adjustments need to be made with trying to land multiple one and dones, but it's not like what Roy is doing over in Chapel Hill isn't working. Back to back national title games and a team this year that is descent. We pick on Ol Roy, but that system that's been in place for decades does work.

Works too when players dont have to attend class. Do we REALLY KNOW FOR A FACT they even attend class NOW? The N C AA Showed no teeth in the matter, and lets take it two steps further...

One- when UNC told SACS (DURING PROBATION OF '16) classes would be monitored, one of t h e said monitors was Melvin Scott, an AFAM major on the '05 team and also convicted of at least one felony. Another great example is Sean May- what a role model for current UNC players. This year he's taken an even more active role as a Roy assistant. May also of course an '05 AFAM major who w/o that job, i s probably serving up fast food like Ed Cota.

Sure that system does work, but remember a very important fact- K one upped Roy in that same system: 3 STRAIGHT NATL TITLE GAMES: '90,'91,'92 (AND HE WON TWO STRAIGHT). REMEMBER also Roy had a drought after '09 when K was winning nattys in '10 and '15. K has also pretty much owned Roy lately too- at least 5--2 in the Grayson era!

OFC

Last edited:
And then there’s this guy...hahaha

alwould
“I think you guys aren't looking inside the mind of todays typical OAD college "star". Z is a bit on the heavy side so he would have to lose some weight and make a time in the run to qualify to start at UNC .. anywhere else he just shows up, starts and plays. At UNC he would actually have competition, and have to compete for minutes .. anywhere else he just shows up and plays as he wants. At UNC he would have to play defense to play .. and you see the premium dook puts on defense to get playing time. At UNC he would be forced to be a team player .. a freshman that would have to learn things like respect and humility .. things that will serve one well later in life .. at dook .. make up your own jokes about that one. He also said he wanted to develop his game. A big going to dook to develop their game is like me going to the bar to get religion. My point being is that Zion went to dook because he's probably lazy and took the easy way out. All he does is show up play. Only thing is that if he ends up on a team like this years then he may end up like Carter and Bag in that the only time he touches the ball is if he can rebound. We shall see. jmho.”
This has to be a top 10 all time THR post...very entertaining....i like the part "all he does is show up to play" i sure hope so!

Duke and Nike made a secret deal at the Rio Olympics. I have seen the redacted contract on twitter. Only one sentence is readable and it said top recruits to Duke
-from RR

Reactions: pisgah101
Maybe some adjustments need to be made with trying to land multiple one and dones, but it's not like what Roy is doing over in Chapel Hill isn't working. Back to back national title games and a team this year that is descent. We pick on Ol Roy, but that system that's been in place for decades does work.

Let’s not pretend Roy hasn’t had talent. Roy has the luxury of keeping top 10 recruits for 3 to 4 years. Last years title team had 3 top 10 players who were upperclassmen. Name 1 title team under Roy that didn’t have 3 or more top 10 recruits who weren’t upperclassmen?

Steat over there has come up with their new hatred nickname for Zion.
He's referring to him as Lyin Zion. They're so pissed, I hope ey drown in their tears. They want to make the excuse that he wouldn't of gotten starter minutes, that's why he chose the dark side. Lol

Brandon Ingram, Harry Giles, Wendel Carter, Zion Williamson, etc.

UNC fans during recruitment: "We're in this! Rumblings that UNC is in the lead!"

After recruitment: "Roy doesnt recruit one and dones. They dont fit our system. They only care about the name on the back of the jersey!"

Brandon Ingram, Harry Giles, Wendel Carter, Zion Williamson, etc.

UNC fans during recruitment: "We're in this! Rumblings that UNC is in the lead!"

After recruitment: "Roy doesnt recruit one and dones. They dont fit our system. They only care about the name on the back of the jersey!"

My favorite one over on THR, that Roy did his in home with Zion last week and told him UNC doesn't have any scholarships available and Zion would have to come off the bench.

My favorite one over on THR, that Roy did his in home with Zion last week and told him UNC doesn't have any scholarships available and Zion would have to come off the bench.
Yea like the dumbass that posted that was there at the visit and heard hof coach roy williams say that....haha

Reactions: skysdad

You shoot your shots in life.....Big Luke Maye worked as a walk-on, why not Zion?

Reactions: skysdad and dbav
Not really a quote but more of an observation I had.

That game against NC State was such a brutal loss to Gary that he's not even posted his stats n stuff yet. Even after the terrible Wofford loss, he still posted. I'm sure he's got some excuse up his sleeves.

"Sorry fellas, I was working down in the ol' salt mine today and just got back." In reality, he probably got invited over to Roy's for some of Wanda's nanner pudding to discuss with Roy about how to get the team back on track for the upcoming Duke games.

Reactions: GillJET and skysdad
Thr is saying it’s grades.....Hahahaha
How in the hell could someone fail at unx??

It would have to be a conduct thing, right? I mean, think of the effort it would take to get thrown out of there for academics.

Stats and Stuff is up, phew Gary is ok.....Now on to what I can only deem to be the “stuff” and not the stats,

“BRob made a couple of boners on each end of that, andyou may have noticed JB coaching up Manley andBrooks during dead balls.”

Woah now, easy there Gary....

Stats and Stuff is up, phew Gary is ok.....Now on to what I can only deem to be the “stuff” and not the stats,

“BRob made a couple of boners on each end of that, andyou may have noticed JB coaching up Manley andBrooks during dead balls.”

Woah now, easy there Gary....

guru gary -7 uses such cool verbiage. OFC

Last edited:
dadika13: LOL, they are just fuming over Duke's recruiting.

"Stop with the euphemisms. Again, I'm done dancing around it.

Jeff Capel pays players. "

"Roy can't be blamed here. he may have oversight of a lot of things with kids in his program, but what goes on inside bedrooms with co-eds is not one of them"

noticed this one as well. should we put the classroom in with the category of co-ed bedrooms as well?

Reactions: dbav

Last time Boner was okay to say was that kid's nickname who was Kirk Cameron 's sidekick on "Growing Pains".

I thought Clemson would falter more than they have too. Them and ND both have overcame their injuries better than I thought they would

Just read over at THR the keys for beating Duke. They're already making built in excuses by blaming the refs if they lose. GTHC GTH!

So this isn’t a THR quote but I had a friend call me and it was general chit chat. Then he posed this question...”How do you see the game going? Who’s gonna guard who?”....then this question “How are you gonna stop Theo and Luke?” I guess he was serious. Don’t see Carter/Bags having a problem with either but then again the way our defense has played....

So this isn’t a THR quote but I had a friend call me and it was general chit chat. Then he posed this question...”How do you see the game going? Who’s gonna guard who?”....then this question “How are you gonna stop Theo and Luke?” I guess he was serious. Don’t see Carter/Bags having a problem with either but then again the way our defense has played....

If the refs actually call fouls on Luke Maye, he will foul out midway through the second half.

I'm not as worried about Pinson, but Maye is a concern for me. Neither Marvin or Wendell are very good perimeter defenders. I think UNC will use a lot of screens to pick-and-pop Maye. If he's hitting, then we're going to have our hands full.

Reactions: Dad2ze and skysdad
...Maye is a concern for me. Neither Marvin or Wendell are very good perimeter defenders. I think UNC will use a lot of screens to pick-and-pop Maye. If he's hitting, then we're going to have our hands full.
No problem. We'll just defend Maye with one of our bench players...nevermind.

I wish no dirty play on maye but maybe being a little physical on him may slow him down some. We got 5 fouls to give with Javin and the way he plays those won't last long but I'm saying body him up and get him frustrated. Make him earn everything. If big luke decide to go down low let Bolden put a little weight on him. I just don't want him to have good game. I do understand that maye is gonna get some calls but if you foul him make sure he doesn't hit the shot without making it a cheap shot. OFC.

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT