ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

I wish no dirty play on maye but maybe being a little physical on him may slow him down some. We got 5 fouls to give with Javin and the way he plays those won't last long but I'm saying body him up and get him frustrated. Make him earn everything. If big luke decide to go down low let Bolden put a little weight on him. I just don't want him to have good game. I do understand that maye is gonna get some calls but if you foul him make sure he doesn't hit the shot without making it a cheap shot. OFC.

Good post Sky, agreed!

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
More recruiting info from Guru Gary. Lol

Tonight I finally got to speak with a buddy who knows one of the coaches at EJ's school, who told him the Montgomery family has everything locked down on double-secret radio silence. When my buddy asked if there was any indication of which way he might be leaning the answer was (and I quote), "Nope, they ain't sayin' nuthin'. He could end up in Europe for all I lknow".

BTW: This is the same source from which I got the scoop about Jaylen Brown going to Cal when nobody was reporting that, so it's pretty solid. I mean, the way things have been going dook would be a logical assumption, and it may come to fruition, but at this point an assumption is probably all it is.

Awesome thread over there asking if Sterling freaking Manley is intimidating opponents now. Lol. Mainly because of some “look” that some 6’5” kid had on his face when mighty Sterling entered the game. Wow. Thread was a whole lot of gary and his alter ego, Flatarheel arguing with himself. It is quite creepy. He doesn’t even try and change his way of speaking/wording between the two. Definitely not as bright as he thinks he is. Even addressing himself as “Dude” and such between the two. Ha haaa.

2BGq6

Jacka** Steat

“Dave, my AAU coach friend told me last week that all four of Duke' commitments for next year will be ruled ineligible, including Zion. I asked him why and he said "Nike shoe transactions". He said when Capel and K tell a recruit that "they are set for life" that means "future shoe deals", not education because many of Duke OADs will not come back and get a Duke degree. This was strictly a rumor. I hate Duke, but not wishing that much bad luck. Doubt this is true, but it made my night!”

Him and that moron Gary have all the connections on the AAU circuit:rolleyes:

Heelicious

“call me a crazy conspiracy theorist, but I think certain people at ESPN have favorites (and schools they dislike) - and it bleeds through to their reporting:

Favs:
1) Dook because.... Dook - everybody there worships them for some unknown reason
2) KU, UK, AZ, etc - because I think ESPN likes the glitz and glam of the me-first, one-n-done, "green room" (remember that crap?) teams and players, seeing college basketball as a showcase for individual talents... team basketball? meh

Least favorite:
UNC
Why?
1) because: UNC has been successful as the antithesis of 2) above...... team ball, no glitz / glam, no stockpile of one-n-done NBA 1st round locks....
--> BTW I believe Zags and Nova and UVA fall into this category with UNC. Given their continued success with few or no one-n-dones, doing things the right way with team buy-in upperclassmen.... they / we get very disproportionate lack of coverage and fawning compared to schools listed in 2) above
2) ESPN is going to gig UNC every way they can, and try hard as they can to tie us to some scandal, because so many at ESPN had such a rooting interest against UNC (and falsely reported against UNC) on the AFAM mess..... they were so hurt, angry, wronged, embarrassed beyond belief when nothing for AFAM held up. Made them look stupid, lazy, incompetent (which of course they are) - but now they have a score. to settle. Vengeance.

Facts be damned - they're going WAY out on a weak limb to try and stretch and tag "scandal" to us any way they can, regardless of how misstated and illegitimate”

I forget who posted it but in the same thread you guys are quoting from another UNC fan made the comment that with Duke getting all these one and dones that we have to be guilty of paying players, too. There's no real reason why they think top players would choose Duke.

I mean let's just forget the fact that with the 2015 championship that was 5 titles in 25 years. Aside from UCLA's insane run during the John Wooden days, no one has amassed that many titles in such a short time like Duke (UNC's 6 is in about 60 seasons).

Let's also forget the fact that Coach K coaches the USA men's basketball team.

There's no way that neither of those facts would be why players come to Duke. Unfortunately for UNC, Wanda's nanner puddin and Roy's jackets aren't enough to bring in top prospects.

I forget who posted it but in the same thread you guys are quoting from another UNC fan made the comment that with Duke getting all these one and dones that we have to be guilty of paying players, too. There's no real reason why they think top players would choose Duke.

I mean let's just forget the fact that with the 2015 championship that was 5 titles in 25 years. Aside from UCLA's insane run during the John Wooden days, no one has amassed that many titles in such a short time like Duke (UNC's 6 is in about 60 seasons).

Let's also forget the fact that Coach K coaches the USA men's basketball team.

There's no way that neither of those facts would be why players come to Duke. Unfortunately for UNC, Wanda's nanner puddin and Roy's jackets aren't enough to bring in top prospects.

Wanda must’ve made a change to the puddin. That’s all I can think of.

https://northcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/new-si-article-by-gartland.60694/

This thread linked above is just absolute gold. I'm not going to quote anything in particular but bring up a theme in the thread. That theme being how innocent Roy is because he didn't go after these top recruits and all this BS about how he knew who was dirty and all that.

I got into a debate with a UNC fan a year or two ago about this same argument and I went to all the scouting sites for college basketball. I looked up the top recruits of 5 classes in recent history and Roy's name was everywhere on them. From casual contact to home visits and invitations to campus. This includes Zion which I have seen mentioned several times on THR is someone Roy didn't try to get.

It's baffling that these guys on THR call themselves fans and they'll talk so confidently about the details of their team's recruiting efforts yet they're wrong about everything they're saying. Obviously it's just denial that Roy can't land these top players.

And one last thing, it's not just a THR thing, every UNC fan I have spoken to that I know personally, they've said the same thing when recruiting comes up.

https://northcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/new-si-article-by-gartland.60694/

This thread linked above is just absolute gold. I'm not going to quote anything in particular but bring up a theme in the thread. That theme being how innocent Roy is because he didn't go after these top recruits and all this BS about how he knew who was dirty and all that.

I got into a debate with a UNC fan a year or two ago about this same argument and I went to all the scouting sites for college basketball. I looked up the top recruits of 5 classes in recent history and Roy's name was everywhere on them. From casual contact to home visits and invitations to campus. This includes Zion which I have seen mentioned several times on THR is someone Roy didn't try to get.

It's baffling that these guys on THR call themselves fans and they'll talk so confidently about the details of their team's recruiting efforts yet they're wrong about everything they're saying. Obviously it's just denial that Roy can't land these top players.

And one last thing, it's not just a THR thing, every UNC fan I have spoken to that I know personally, they've said the same thing when recruiting comes up.
I have never met one that is different than the other. And being in the Carolinas, they’re are A LOT of them around. They are a “special” fan base.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I ate some one time when it was soaked in soy sauce. It was sort of like eating soft rubber. Hard to describe really. OFC

Reactions: Dad2ze
Hahaha that clown is now over at THR continuing his sorry lie and bashing us and the duke players in the process. He’s not a troll though.

Reactions: pisgah101
NewI'm currently a Duke student but am visiting my sick friend who might not make it at Elon. I was kicked off the Devils Illustrated board because they claimed I'm not a Duke student since I have been posting from Elon the past few weeks while I'm on leave during this difficult time period. Their moderator is completely asinine as he revealed my location to the whole board as a way to team up on me. I thought I was going to join a board full of CBB and Duke talk but quickly realized I was wrong - they have some real asses on there and are brainwashed by Duke. Hopefully you guys on here are more compassionate and nicer human beings.

Anyways, since the Duke fans didn't want me there and berated me for posting, I thought I would maybe chime in on some topics. I also got ridiculed for defending UNC when guys on the Duke board made "no class jokes" or were flaming Theo Pinson for being average basketball player and no chance at the NBA. I obviously like Duke but have respect for UNC and feel as if I'm objective about both teams.

Hopefully y'all will allow me to post on here and make some contributions. I'm friends with a few guys on the Duke team so can share some insights when applicable.

Good luck the rest of the season (not next Saturday though lol!). I really enjoy watching you guys play with your upper classmen leading the way - wish Duke had some of those and would stop with the one year mercenaries

Wow yep Jb was totally a Duke fan haha

Yep - really disappointing honestly. That board is full of asses. The whole #brotherhood thing is complete shit. It's one year mercenaries who come to Duke and care about getting their draft stock up, with a few exceptions. A brotherhood is forming a kinship through many years and accomplishing a singular goal, such as Joel Berry and Theo Pinson. Even them as people on campus are so vain, such as Duval.

Helping his cause. They aren't buying it either. He also said were a bunch of 40 somethings. I'm 27 JB thank you very much!

Yep - really disappointing honestly. That board is full of asses. The whole #brotherhood thing is complete shit. It's one year mercenaries who come to Duke and care about getting their draft stock up, with a few exceptions. A brotherhood is forming a kinship through many years and accomplishing a singular goal, such as Joel Berry and Theo Pinson. Even them as people on campus are so vain, such as Duval.

Helping his cause. They aren't buying it either. He also said were a bunch of 40 somethings. I'm 27 JB thank you very much!
27??? Just a baby!!!

What platform do you use to post your gif???

Idk I just google whatever I’m looking for with the inclusion “gif” and then copy and paste. Wish I was more of an IT guy to give you more intelligent details but unfortunately that is it.

NewI'm currently a Duke student but am visiting my sick friend who might not make it at Elon. I was kicked off the Devils Illustrated board because they claimed I'm not a Duke student since I have been posting from Elon the past few weeks while I'm on leave during this difficult time period. Their moderator is completely asinine as he revealed my location to the whole board as a way to team up on me. I thought I was going to join a board full of CBB and Duke talk but quickly realized I was wrong - they have some real asses on there and are brainwashed by Duke. Hopefully you guys on here are more compassionate and nicer human beings.

Anyways, since the Duke fans didn't want me there and berated me for posting, I thought I would maybe chime in on some topics. I also got ridiculed for defending UNC when guys on the Duke board made "no class jokes" or were flaming Theo Pinson for being average basketball player and no chance at the NBA. I obviously like Duke but have respect for UNC and feel as if I'm objective about both teams.

Hopefully y'all will allow me to post on here and make some contributions. I'm friends with a few guys on the Duke team so can share some insights when applicable.

Good luck the rest of the season (not next Saturday though lol!). I really enjoy watching you guys play with your upper classmen leading the way - wish Duke had some of those and would stop with the one year mercenaries

I knew he was going to show up some where and just about knew what he posted. Thought he would have done it sooner. Is he getting any support? What board did he do this on. OFC

I knew he was going to show up some where and just about knew what he posted. Thought he would have done it sooner. Is he getting any support? What board did he do this on. OFC

THR the guy that just posted the question here supported him. And no most of the guys fig he's a troll there too

Yea I figured that douche out real quick

Who posted this?

He also called Grayson trash. If only he was a better troll, oh well.

Look at the last post by a mod in the Down goes Duke thread on THR and you will see why that board is the way it is most of the time. Inmates running the asylum.

Gary must have majored in UNC math. He claims UNC really beat Duke by 7 in the last game and the garbage 3 did not really count.
Guess that means the Shot by Rivers didn’t count and UNC really won the game.

Reactions: KellenPatrick
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT