ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs VT

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
đź“Ť Blacksburg
⏰ 7:00
đź“ş espn

Quick turnaround for the devils. Hopefully we see something… anything different or we will lose tonight.. we are a 3.5 pt favorite

Tech is 13-7 so another mediocre ACC school that would love to get a signature win.

Duke-70
VT-76

Reactions: sheyduke
Pisgah I must agree with you. How long have those two little guards been there??? Since Greenberg for cryin' out loud?? Forgive me, for spelling, something like Catoor and Padillo, whatever...

Anyway they shoot the lights out from three, and Hokies also have an inside big who will be problematic. It always seems like we lose in that half-lit house of horrors. Didnt see anything Saturday to make me think otherwise.

Va Tech-81, Duke-74

Mike Young (Hokie coach) will have his constipated game face on throughout.

Someone needs to put tacks in Jon's chair on the bench and keep him out of it. Fire and intensity can stem from the coach and Jon has shown little of that in the games.

We get some intensity and we win. If not same old, same old - make a worse team look better and lose or squeak by.

Man agianst man and position agianst position, we are better!! If we show up to play, we win!! GO DUKE!!!

OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
This is becoming a norm to wonder which Duke team will show up, We need so and so to play well, what is wrong with this guy... It sure would be nice to put close to 40 minutes of solid play together and see if we win.

It's not panic time, but the fat lady is warming up on whether this team is a contender. Right now, we aren't.

This is becoming a norm to wonder which Duke team will show up, We need so and so to play well, what is wrong with this guy... It sure would be nice to put close to 40 minutes of solid play together and see if we win.

It's not panic time, but the fat lady is warming up on whether this team is a contender. Right now, we aren't.
That "fat lady" is rehearsing Mac. Let's play 40 and knock her fat @$$ out. Flip needs to keep his head in the game!!! OFC

Agree on a classic "trap" game.

Still, I think our guards are long and can contest Tech's threes. I would love to see Jon shuffle them in to keep fresh bodies in their faces all night. If they rain them down I think we are in for a long night. I suspect Flip will bounce back and have a good game and keep it tight and hopefully we have seen Proctor turn the corner!

Any news on Roach's injury? Will he play? He was hobbling on Saturday and had a tough game.

Side note, my oldest son is a Hokie grad, and my youngest son is a freshman there now, so my interests are slightly mixed. But my heart is with Duke for the win in a tight one, and we build some momentum coming into UNC.

Duke - 72
VT - 68

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Oh good we’ve got to listen to len Elmore tonight

Besides the terrible breakdowns in defense, we’re playing pretty well

Update I’m liking the progress. first time it feels like I’m watching real Duke basketball this season

Last edited:
I can't watch, still working, what's with 4 TO's for Mitchell??

Let's go Duke!!

I hate watching a game at VT. It’s so dark my eyes hurt. Glad I only have to watch one game.

Young with a huge bucket with flip going to the bench with 4

They’ve been calling them

Only against Duke but they’ve been calling them. It’s almost as if the crew heard brownells crying and decided to make it up tonight
It certainly seems like it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT