ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs Wake

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
📍 Cameron
⏰ 7:00
📺 espn

I love quick turnaround games.. Duke is currently a 7.5 point favorite over the good Demon Deacon squad led by hunter sallis

Wake is 16-7 and 4th in the ACC. Coached by Steve Forbes and another team looking for a signature win with two shots against us in the coming weeks.

Wake is capable of beating us, that’s a fact.. I’m curious to see tonight if we remarkable get it all together

Calling the let now-

Wake-78
Duke-74

VERY WORRIED about this one. Wake really gets a signature win if they take this one, and will be plenty motivated. They are obviously a definite talent upgrade from Notre Dame and BC. Forbes is a solid coach too.

I will allow my head to prevail over my heart on this one:

Wake-82
Duke-75

OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
VERY WORRIED about this one. Wake really gets a signature win if they take this one, and will be plenty motivated. They are obviously a definite talent upgrade from Notre Dame and BC. Forbes is a solid coach too.

I will allow my head to prevail over my heart on this one:

Wake-82
Duke-75

OFC
There is no way that Wake should be in the game with us, IF our players (especially Philipowski) Play up to their potential.

Duke 85
Wake 74

Last edited:
Reactions: pisgah101
I watched the Wake - State game. I think the OT and quick turnaround will a actually help us tonight.

Duke 82-76

One of those "how good are we?" games. Wake needs this one to get off the bubble; they would be 16-8 if they lose tonight. Mitchell could be the difference. It should be close. Feels like we split with WF; so a win tonight. Lose tonight and we won't win the ACC. Wake has been better since Reid has been playing.
Duke 82
Wake 78

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
I’m coming in for the game tonight…any advice from you guys on a quick bite and beer?

Go Duke

Refs better get a handle on the thug ball. All the contact on the rebounds needs to be whistled, get those guys out of the game.

Plenty of fouls being called early, must not be the crew that did the Cheat game. Good job Wake cant hit a 3 yet. We are playing with intensity but need to add intelligence too...Wake guards are looking to drive past our freshman at the point

had the opportunity to stretch the lead but miss after miss or TOs kept the lead at 6...2 possessions later and its tied...this one will be a dog fight if we dont defend better

No I’m sorry Scheyer has got to stop slowing the ball down . How many plays has it been you see a player slow the ball down , look back at Scheyer for the play and it’s either a missed shot or turn over ? You have to let players play!

Reactions: JimboSlice00
This will be a controversial take…but I think Foster might be a better PG at this point for us than Proctor.

At least Foster can really shoot it , but he also can break down and attack his man and the rim.

Proctor doesn’t break down anyone….and he’s not as good a shooter as Stewart.

Reactions: jeffrey236
Agree on Proctor...he isnt scoring, he isnt guarding, just a couple of assists....thats not enough for the amount of time on the court. I share JWills frustration, we have such low pressure on the ball we let them run their offense easily. We started intense but it dropped off the longer the half went

Agree on Proctor...he isnt scoring, he isnt guarding, just a couple of assists....thats not enough for the amount of time on the court. I share JWills frustration, we have such low pressure on the ball we let them run their offense easily. We started intense but it dropped off the longer the half went
But this team has done that all season . I’m not sure this team simply has a “bad boy “ side at all .

I think our fire is a reflection of our coach. Jon rarely has fire….we talk about it all the time.

It’s reasonable that they have the coaches personality.

Reactions: Duke Blu
Ugly half. Happy to somehow be up.

Perfect opportunity for Jon to make some adjustments and light a fire in that locker room. I know our record indicates otherwise, but this is a 6 or 7 seed in the tournament.

No I’m sorry Scheyer has got to stop slowing the ball down . How many plays has it been you see a player slow the ball down , look back at Scheyer for the play and it’s either a missed shot or turn over ? You have to let players play!
That's been our biggest issue. We play a guard heavy lineup, yet play so slow. Been happening all year.

Reactions: sheyduke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT