ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs VT

Just finished the game and Heck of a win. Glad I was wrong about how we would look.. here’s my thoughts

1. Charges are being called again.. so weird
2. Flip doesn’t seem to care anymore, kind of seems to be sleepwalking.. I really wonder if he regrets returning , we looked better with young in there and I kinda hope Jon sends a message and starts him over flip Saturday
3. Out Guard play is amazing
4. Big big time win in a place we rarely win.

Just finished the game and Heck of a win. Glad I was wrong about how we would look.. here’s my thoughts

2. Flip doesn’t seem to care anymore, kind of seems to be sleepwalking.. I really wonder if he regrets returning , we looked better with young in there and I kinda hope Jon sends a message and starts him over flip Saturday

Out of curiosity, what do you mean Flip doesn’t care? He was very aggressive tonight. He missed free throws and needs to fix that, but I saw him embrace Proctor during one of the timeouts.

Very nice team win. A lot of guys contributed and Proctor has definitely turned the corner. It seems like he is calm and in control, can score or set others up. His play is making us a different team. Frankly, this is the Proctor we expected and need. Jeremy also played really well, and Young was great in moments. Really, a lot of guys contributed tonight. Nice to see an overall team win in a tough road environment.

It may be tough on who gets the game ball. A good win. Young gave solid minutes, with 10 and 5. McCain didn’t shoot well, but led the team with 10 rebounds. That’s impressive, especially when he’s only 6-3. Flip with a workmanlike 14 and 8.
Proctor was nice and steady, and Roach was Roach.

I’m not sure how you got that from flip. He played well imo through BS officiating.

We only won by 10 but this by far was the best game they’ve played this season, we need similar play saturday

Coaches deserve heavy praise for this gameplan. They ran Pedulla and Catoor off of the three point line and made them drivers. Those guys have killed us off of screens the past few years, and we switched everything out top to make it difficult to get open looks off of the screen. Great defensive gameplan. On offense, we had an answer every single time. I hate that Foster didn't get much run in the 2nd half, but how could you take Roach out, he was cookin!

📍 Blacksburg
⏰ 7:00
📺 espn

Quick turnaround for the devils. Hopefully we see something… anything different or we will lose tonight.. we are a 3.5 pt favorite

Tech is 13-7 so another mediocre ACC school that would love to get a signature win.

Duke-70
VT-76
What is this then?????

OFC

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I’m not sure how you got that from flip. He played well imo through BS officiating.

We only won by 10 but this by far was the best game they’ve played this season, we need similar play saturday

The win at Pitt, the Blue Devils played very well too.

I think the majority of us are confused as to why Pisgah was disappointed in Flip’s performance tonight. Flip finished with 14 and 8.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I didn’t get to watch the game due to work but followed on my phone. Nice to see us keep Tech at arms length thru the second half and come away with a double digit ACC road win against a good Tech team.

Let’s go into Saturday loose as the underdog and take it to UNC. I am looking forward to a good game. Duke guards > UNC guards? I say yes!!

I didn’t get to watch the game due to work but followed on my phone. Nice to see us keep Tech at arms length thru the second half and come away with a double digit ACC road win against a good Tech team.

Let’s go into Saturday loose as the underdog and take it to UNC. I am looking forward to a good game. Duke guards > UNC guards? I say yes!!

In the words of one of our favorites, Quinn Cook, “Duke is Never The Underdog!”

To all who predicted us to loose, DUKE WINS!!!

OFC
I thought we played pretty loose given the hostile environment. Seriously possibly our best win of the season considering. Flip seems a little off; maybe a cold or minor injury? We are starting to look like a 2 or 3 seed. 2 if we get the win Saturday. We are healthy for the most part.

Reactions: JohnstonCDevil
Some thoughts while watching highlights.
We are much better with Mitchell. He's that big, athletic 6-8 wing. No one else on the team like him.
Young seals off his guy to allow McCain to breeze in for a lay up. Basically a block out and smart play.
Foster is smooth. He is going to be very good next year.
Roach looks like he's back. Not 100% but getting there
VT is a veteran team. Like their guards. Nice win on the road.

Last edited:
Some thoughts while watching highlights.
We are much better with Mitchell. He's that big, athletic 6-8 wing. No one else on the team like him.
Young seals off his guy to allow McCain to breeze in for a lay up. Basically a block out and smart play.
Foster is smooth. He is going to be very good next year.
Roach looks like he's back. Not 100% but getting there

The roles are starting to be defined. The ball movement was incredible tonight, the guys getting to their spots on the court and they were looking for each other!

The commentators said it tonight, “when you have these many 3 point shooters on one team, good luck trying to defend them!”

I guess saying flip dont care was a poor choice of words.. but you’re lying to yourself if you think he’s bringing the same intensity we saw last year and some throughout the year over the last two games.. seems lost a lot and the lack of concentration on free throws is scary

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT