ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

I still love the blown assists, which everyone else knows as missed field goals.

So my question would be, what constitutes a blown assist? Let's say the opposing team takes a shot, misses it and our guy rebounds the ball. The center tosses it over to the PG who runs down the court and misses a layup.

Is that a blown assist since the center grabbed the rebound, handed it off to the PG who ran down court and missed a layup? Can you have a blown assist from the other side of the court??

I'm sure I'm missing something.

....at Carolina they are supposed to make every shot. if a shot doesnt go in obviously it was somebody's fault. think that pretty much sums it up

I would say slightly less than every shot. However if the potential assist is for a certain someone whose name rhymes with Schmoel Schmerry, well then yes, every missed shot is a blown assist.

So my question would be, what constitutes a blown assist? Let's say the opposing team takes a shot, misses it and our guy rebounds the ball. The center tosses it over to the PG who runs down the court and misses a layup.

Is that a blown assist since the center grabbed the rebound, handed it off to the PG who ran down court and missed a layup? Can you have a blown assist from the other side of the court??

I'm sure I'm missing something.

The answer is that you're thinking to hard, haha.

More to yhe point, I think it's a missed shot that would have registered an assist if made.

Didn't want to start a thread on it and this is not racist but that Wanyen Grabiel is the blackest black person I have ever seen. Amazing. Just had to get that out somewhere. Ha.

Didn't want to start a thread on it and this is not racist but that Wanyen Grabiel is the blackest black person I have ever seen. Amazing. Just had to get that out somewhere. Ha.

I think this is the most non value adding, poorest taste post I've ever seen on this board. Not sure what you're intentions are with it.

Reactions: pisgah101
Does Joel Berry even point guard? I mean, Grayson Allen, our two-guard, is a better facilitator than Berry.

Reactions: dbav
Does Joel Berry even point guard? I mean, Grayson Allen, our two-guard, is a better facilitator than Berry.

I think in all fairness to JB, he doesn't have the inside post presence to distribute to this year. And lately he's had to do a lot more himself, especially during the stretch where we barely beat Wake and lost to FSU and UVA. No he's not the best distributor, especially not compared to Kendall Marshall or Ty Lawson, but he's easily our best player and the most important.

Interesting discussion between Gary and Brady is the greatest regarding Berry.Gary ripping him because he suggests that Berry is not the greatest player in the history of basketball.When confronted by stats Gary says most stats used by mere mortals are made up and fictitious.Guess only blown assists are the only strats that matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: gottagonow and dbav
Interesting discussion between Gary and Brady is the greatest regarding Berry.Gary ripping him because he suggests that Berry is not the greatest player in the history of basketball.When confronted by stats Gary says most stats used by mere mortals are made up and fictitious.Guess only blown assists are the only strays that matter.
That thread is a great read. Watching those two dbags go at it is a great read.

Interesting discussion between Gary and Brady is the greatest regarding Berry.Gary ripping him because he suggests that Berry is not the greatest player in the history of basketball.When confronted by stats Gary says most stats used by mere mortals are made up and fictitious.Guess only blown assists are the only strays that matter.

That's because they are blown stats. Duh. OFC

Reactions: topps coach
This is why I love THR. What a bunch of damn idiots.

heels05champs
“It’s simple folks... they’ve got the biggest bag boy out there right now.”

tarheels0015
“K and his bag of tricks works again.”

CarolinaMagic
“No doubt Jeff Capel is leading the way.”

GACMAN
“Wonder how much Capel slipped him and his fam?”

bradythegoat2
“Well it's a fact that Capel had recruiting violations while at OU. 1K got recruits before he came but not like this consistently. Suddenly when Capel shows up he pretty much gets every top prospect. Coincidence? I think not.”

Geth
“I can't blame the kid... He and his family were obviously sold the story straight from rat face the dark emperor of evil. I wonder how the money will change hands this time. The "brotherhood" bs though... It's a brotherhood in as much as they all band together to hide all of the absolute fake that is that whole program. It's like the fake building fronts on campus there... FAKE. Someday hopefully in my life time I will revel in DOOK finally getting what they deserve and it needs to happen on Ks watch... We all know the day he steps away, DOOKs legacy starts to devalue immediately.”

More from Idiot Central...

gary-7 (gary is implying that Duke is cheating again...bless his heart)
“For all those talking about rule changes and such in another thread, you just witnessed everything that's wrong with college basketball in one big nutshell. It's almost getting comical.”

truetarheelraider
“Isn't the f.b.i findings due to be out soon guarentee you dook and ky are not on the list though.”

keysersosay
“Apparently he referred to dook as a "brotherhood" yeah THAT is laughable as vader keeps getting these kids that stay for 2 semesters, rarely if ever come back, never get their degrees and has a program that leads the nation in transfers, along with being the biggest collection of d bags in sports.”

This is why I love THR. What a bunch of damn idiots.

heels05champs
“It’s simple folks... they’ve got the biggest bag boy out there right now.”

tarheels0015
“K and his bag of tricks works again.”

CarolinaMagic
“No doubt Jeff Capel is leading the way.”

GACMAN
“Wonder how much Capel slipped him and his fam?”

bradythegoat2
“Well it's a fact that Capel had recruiting violations while at OU. 1K got recruits before he came but not like this consistently. Suddenly when Capel shows up he pretty much gets every top prospect. Coincidence? I think not.”

Geth
“I can't blame the kid... He and his family were obviously sold the story straight from rat face the dark emperor of evil. I wonder how the money will change hands this time. The "brotherhood" bs though... It's a brotherhood in as much as they all band together to hide all of the absolute fake that is that whole program. It's like the fake building fronts on campus there... FAKE. Someday hopefully in my life time I will revel in DOOK finally getting what they deserve and it needs to happen on Ks watch... We all know the day he steps away, DOOKs legacy starts to devalue immediately.”
I couldn’t help but notice the “I’m not a unc fan” bradythegoat2 is quoted. Funny how that works. Maybe he’d like to chime in...

@bradythegoat2

And then there’s this guy...hahaha

alwould
“I think you guys aren't looking inside the mind of todays typical OAD college "star". Z is a bit on the heavy side so he would have to lose some weight and make a time in the run to qualify to start at UNC .. anywhere else he just shows up, starts and plays. At UNC he would actually have competition, and have to compete for minutes .. anywhere else he just shows up and plays as he wants. At UNC he would have to play defense to play .. and you see the premium dook puts on defense to get playing time. At UNC he would be forced to be a team player .. a freshman that would have to learn things like respect and humility .. things that will serve one well later in life .. at dook .. make up your own jokes about that one. He also said he wanted to develop his game. A big going to dook to develop their game is like me going to the bar to get religion. My point being is that Zion went to dook because he's probably lazy and took the easy way out. All he does is show up play. Only thing is that if he ends up on a team like this years then he may end up like Carter and Bag in that the only time he touches the ball is if he can rebound. We shall see. jmho.”

alwould
“I think you guys aren't looking inside the mind of todays typical OAD college "star". Z is a bit on the heavy side so he would have to lose some weight and make a time in the run to qualify to start at UNC .. anywhere else he just shows up, starts and plays. At UNC he would actually have competition, and have to compete for minutes .. anywhere else he just shows up and plays as he wants. At UNC he would have to play defense to play .. and you see the premium dook puts on defense to get playing time. At UNC he would be forced to be a team player .. a freshman that would have to learn things like respect and humility .. things that will serve one well later in life .. at dook .. make up your own jokes about that one. He also said he wanted to develop his game. A big going to dook to develop their game is like me going to the bar to get religion. My point being is that Zion went to dook because he's probably lazy and took the easy way out. All he does is show up play. Only thing is that if he ends up on a team like this years then he may end up like Carter and Bag in that the only time he touches the ball is if he can rebound. We shall see. jmho.”
/end thread!

alwould

That might be the greatest thing I've ever read. I absolutely agree that there is the potential that Zion would not start from the outset for the cheaters. Mostly because he's going to Duke.

Also, you'd be amazed how much religion you can find at a bar.

Maybe just maybe Roy visited Zion last night and said son we would.love to have you however we just won't have a ship available for you... Also I am not to upset as we have a great recruiting class with strong returning players next yr. I wonder how k is gonna spin his no bench angle next yr

From @truetarheelraider0806 bahahahahaha WOW

Maybe just maybe Roy visited Zion last night and said son we would.love to have you however we just won't have a ship available for you... Also I am not to upset as we have a great recruiting class with strong returning players next yr. I wonder how k is gonna spin his no bench angle next yr

From @truetarheelraider0806 bahahahahaha WOW

Yeah, I forgot to include that one.

But I’m sure that’s exactly how it went down. Ole Roy had to tell him that they didn’t want him and didn’t have room. What a sweet guy!

alwould

His post is a load of shit. I hate that Zion is going to Durham. But there are other reasons for why Duke gets recruits. And as a UNC fan, I feel adjustments need to be made.

His post is a load of shit. I hate that Zion is going to Durham. But there are other reasons for why Duke gets recruits. And as a UNC fan, I feel adjustments need to be made.
Maybe some adjustments need to be made with trying to land multiple one and dones, but it's not like what Roy is doing over in Chapel Hill isn't working. Back to back national title games and a team this year that is descent. We pick on Ol Roy, but that system that's been in place for decades does work.

alwould

If it's the same "timed run" Sean May jogged, I seriously doubt Zion would be concerned!

Reactions: GAAP and dbav
Maybe some adjustments need to be made with trying to land multiple one and dones, but it's not like what Roy is doing over in Chapel Hill isn't working. Back to back national title games and a team this year that is descent. We pick on Ol Roy, but that system that's been in place for decades does work.

I meant more in terms of recruiting. I take very little issue with how Roy runs the team itself. What I want to see, is him altering his pitch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT