ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

2013 we got blitzed by Louisville because that guy broke his leg in half and they played like a team possessed after that.
It wasn;t just them playing like a team possessed after the broken leg,if you remember,our guys we're just as upset as the Louisville team,and we never regained our composure

2013 we got blitzed by Louisville because that guy broke his leg in half and they played like a team possessed after that.
They were up 15+ most of the second half, they pressed and guarded us like wild-men. Did the Ware injury help them, sure, we weren't beating that Louisville team though IMO.

They were up 15+ most of the second half, they pressed and guarded us like wild-men. Did the Ware injury help them, sure, we weren't beating that Louisville team though IMO.
Louisville players were promised their choice of hookers if they won. Powerful motivation for a college student.

Reactions: tw3301 and dbav
Never seen anyone here compare Ole Roy to Hitler.

They called him Satan also. I sent mike irby an e-mail several years ago asking him as a Christian allowed the posters over there to refer to Coach K as Hitler and Satan. He never really gave me an answer other than he thought it was wrong. OFC

K has never stated anything remotely close to what Roy said in regards to Haiti. So yeah, there’s a huge difference between the two. Again, Roy is about Roy.

You’re seeing what you want to see dude. Then again, your handle name says it all. If you’re using that as your only parameter for comparing the morality of K and Roy that’s pretty sad.

One article on a low end sports website. It was an insensitive comment, one he apologized for. It doesn’t make him a narcissist.
You have the right to say what you want on your own board but don’t be two faced .You just recently was talking crap about K on the ootb board.Wr think that Roy is a phony Pos.The difference is that we can point to specific incidences while y’all are pissed off because K had consistently kicked Roy”s butt

You have the right to say what you want on your own board but don’t be two faced .You just recently was talking crap about K on the ootb board.Wr think that Roy is a phony Pos.The difference is that we can point to specific incidences while y’all are pissed off because K had consistently kicked Roy”s butt

Topps, you’re almost as bad as Hart, lately. I make one slight jab at K on MY board and all of a sudden I’m two faced. You wanna talk being two faced? How bout all the times you came on our board and acted all friendly and then talked a bunch of shit here? But here’s the difference, I know people say stuff on their own boards they wouldn’t on others. It’s the way it works.

You can point to one insensitive comment Roy made. That’s it. Just like K had said things people criticized him for. The coaches of our respective teams are human like the rest of us but they’re not bad people.

It is a Duke board, we are better than this. We sound like idiots right now, lets not be THR.

Reactions: dukiejay
You’re seeing what you want to see dude. Then again, your handle name says it all. If you’re using that as your only parameter for comparing the morality of K and Roy that’s pretty sad.

Im stating a fact, it’s documented and K would never state anything like that. What’s sad is you guys stand up for this idiot. Also, how about the years of cheating Roy was involved in? Again K‘s integrity and ethics are night and day compared to Roy. I understand you’re an unc fan and Im sure it’s difficult to acknowledge the fact Roy is a fraud!

Im stating a fact, it’s documented and K would never state anything like that. What’s sad is you guys stand up for this idiot. Also, how about the years of cheating Roy was involved in? Again K‘s integrity and ethics are night and day compared to Roy. I understand you’re an unc fan and Im sure it’s difficult to acknowledge the fact Roy is a fraud!

THIS....

OFC

Topps, you’re almost as bad as Hart, lately. I make one slight jab at K on MY board and all of a sudden I’m two faced. You wanna talk being two faced? How bout all the times you came on our board and acted all friendly and then talked a bunch of shit here? But here’s the difference, I know people say stuff on their own boards they wouldn’t on others. It’s the way it works.

You can point to one insensitive comment Roy made. That’s it. Just like K had said things people criticized him for. The coaches of our respective teams are human like the rest of us but they’re not bad people.
I said that you should be able say what you want on your own board,When I went to your boards I did not involve myself in your B.B. discussions.The quote unquote shit I talked here was a history of the BS things your program did over sixty years while claiming to be pure as the driven snow.The Carolina Way was shoved down peoples throats when the reality was that UNC was one of the dirtiest most corrupt programs in the history of College Athletics.Btw the way they were lead by two the most hypocritical POS ever.So you can GFY

Reactions: Mac9192
34, dude, we get you're a homer for the cheaters, but you've been presented with a number of situations where Roy is concerned about Roy. Hell, the interview where he has to explain he's turned down so many jobs is in there too.

You can say we see what we want, but they're right there. You can say we're homers, but all you're doing is the same by overlooking the instances and brushing them off.

So as much as we see what we want, you are making an equally energetic effort to ignore what you want. You can see how that works both ways, right?

was a history of the BS things your program did over sixty years while claiming to be pure as the driven snow.The Carolina Way was shoved down peoples throats when the reality was that UNC was one of the dirtiest most corrupt programs in the history of College Athletics.Btw the way they were lead by two the most hypocritical POS ever.

Spot on. No matter what Roy does his program and Dean's are forever tarnished due to the scandal. Its well known even within the walls of the institution where a history professor teaches a class on corruption in big-time athletics. That course has its roots in the UNC paper class AFAM charade.

OFC

34, dude, we get you're a homer for the cheaters, but you've been presented with a number of situations where Roy is concerned about Roy. Hell, the interview where he has to explain he's turned down so many jobs is in there too.

You can say we see what we want, but they're right there. You can say we're homers, but all you're doing is the same by overlooking the instances and brushing them off.

So as much as we see what we want, you are making an equally energetic effort to ignore what you want. You can see how that works both ways, right?

Awesome post! OFC

Dbav that is spot on brother.

Reactions: hart2chesson

What’s sad is that you actually believe any of that. Equally hilarious is that you somehow believe you’re going to “open my eyes” about the coach of my favorite team. I get it, you’re Duke fans, you hate Roy and everything about us. But it doesn’t make you impartial to this topic. Which is why I take it with a grain of salt.

I said that you should be able say what you want on your own board,When I went to your boards I did not involve myself in your B.B. discussions.The quote unquote shit I talked here was a history of the BS things your program did over sixty years while claiming to be pure as the driven snow.The Carolina Way was shoved down peoples throats when the reality was that UNC was one of the dirtiest most corrupt programs in the history of College Athletics.Btw the way they were lead by two the most hypocritical POS ever.So you can GFY

Yeah, Topps, you lost any credibility you had with that last sentence. I can understand duke fans being pissed about the academic scandal and how it went down. But if you’re trying to say we were dirty for 60 years then you lost me. In any case, you still acted friendly on our board and then talked a bunch of shit back here. The difference is, I don’t care, but you do with me.

In any case, I should not have engaged this in the first place. Agree to disagree. Move on.

Yeah, Topps, you lost any credibility you had with that last sentence. I can understand duke fans being pissed about the academic scandal and how it went down. But if you’re trying to say we were dirty for 60 years then you lost me. In any case, you still acted friendly on our board and then talked a bunch of shit back here. The difference is, I don’t care, but you do with me.

In any case, I should not have engaged this in the first place. Agree to disagree. Move on.
Since you are young let me educate you on sixty years of behavior Unc players involved in the points shaving scandal.DES covering up Phill Ford DUIs.Scholarship players sleeping with the Asst Coach wives.Unc players assaults on other teams fans in local bars.Unc players using known felons luxury cars.Unc players being stopped for firearms.I can name more without going into the massive academic fraud that went on for over twenty years.All of these were under the watch of your two sainted coaches.Do not know about you but where I grew up it is not talking shit when you tell the truth about a situation

Reactions: bgeekb

Take your own advice with that last sentence above. Move on from the Duke board, please!

The holes are in a one point game right now with wake and that home crowd is absolutely rocking..........just wow

What’s sad is that you actually believe any of that. Equally hilarious is that you somehow believe you’re going to “open my eyes” about the coach of my favorite team. I get it, you’re Duke fans, you hate Roy and everything about us. But it doesn’t make you impartial to this topic. Which is why I take it with a grain of salt.

You’re right, I shouldn’t believe anything Roy says, because majority of the trash that comes out of his mouth is a lie. Also, I could care less about “opening your eyes”, you’re depth of perception is shallow and you’re obviously a homer who can’t handle the truth!

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
Since you are young let me educate you on sixty years of behavior Unc players involved in the points shaving scandal.DES covering up Phill Ford DUIs.Scholarship players sleeping with the Asst Coach wives.Unc players assaults on other teams fans in local bars.Unc players using known felons luxury cars.Unc players being stopped for firearms.I can name more without going into the massive academic fraud that went on for over twenty years.All of these were under the watch of your two sainted coaches.Do not know about you but where I grew up it is not talking shit when you tell the truth about a situation

Topps you laid it out perfectly along the sordid Tar Heel timeline. OFC

Reactions: QC Dukie
Yea being dirty for 60 years just ain't cool, now , being dirty for 20 years, hell that's fine.

Reactions: dbav
You’re right, I shouldn’t believe anything Roy says, because majority of the trash that comes out of his mouth is a lie. Also, I could care less about “opening your eyes”, you’re depth of perception is shallow and you’re obviously a homer who can’t handle the truth!

Lol, and you’re not a homer? Get real dude, we are all homers to some degree. The difference is, I acknowledge it and you don’t. I try to be rational. But do you really expect me to just agree with what you’re saying about Roy? What do you want from me? Haha.

Give it a rest. If you really hate Roy to the point where you think he’s a constant liar and a lowlife, that’s your deal. Just don’t get all up in arms when people take shots at K. He’s not exactly a saint either.

Anyway, I’m done. We are just beating a dead horse at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT