ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

No problem, Sky, but I don't even see how this got misconstrued at all. I started out saying how this was yet another "classy" post from a whacko from RR. Then simply quoted what they said. Oh well...

Yeah. I just didn't read the entire thing. I should have known better. OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
Archer with his latest gem.Roy would only take an OAD if he is willing to adhere to the Carolina tradition of going to class.What an idiot

We've had too much down time lately. I lurked over at thr last week and found a thread titled "Dook drops." The noble Guru Gary had a post that you guys need to check out. They were discussing computer rankings and such and Goober himself said ONE of his degrees was in mathematics. He then went on talking about scouting other teams and stuff, just totally hypnotizing the rest of the patients. Someone needs to go over there and copy that post of his to here. I'm not that smart, but you will find it entertaining.

I was wondering what happened to this thread. I know they didn’t stop saying stupid things over there.

Reactions: skysdad
I was wondering what happened to this thread. I know they didn’t stop saying stupid things over there.

It's just because we are all banned over there and can't quote like we used too. I know we can log off and see it but it's not worth the effort to me. OFC

Reactions: QC Dukie
It's just because we are all banned over there and can't quote like we used too. I know we can log off and see it but it's not worth the effort to me. OFC
Yeah I’ll logout maybe once a month to see what they’re posting but it’s too aggravating and tedious to keep up with THR anymore than that

Yea I’m not doing all that. They aren’t worth the trouble.

Maybe not in so many words, but that's how you treat it on here, and not just in this thread.

I have nothing against stats. Hell, one of my degrees is in mathematics, and I utilized stats when I coached --- more than my counterparts, probably --- but I also know their limitations. Point is, stats can be helpful in analyzing/improving your team's performance, but you're throwing around kenpom like it's an omniscient authority on all things basketball.

When you play against an actual team, a basketball game is about systems, personnel, match-ups, coaching, execution and officiating. You don't scout an opponent by running to kenpom, you dissect what you see on film or in person.

32 gary-7, Dec 12, 2017

For all you "banned" from the Truth Hurts Really forum.

Maybe not in so many words, but that's how you treat it on here, and not just in this thread.

I have nothing against stats. Hell, one of my degrees is in mathematics, and I utilized stats when I coached --- more than my counterparts, probably --- but I also know their limitations. Point is, stats can be helpful in analyzing/improving your team's performance, but you're throwing around kenpom like it's an omniscient authority on all things basketball.

When you play against an actual team, a basketball game is about systems, personnel, match-ups, coaching, execution and officiating. You don't scout an opponent by running to kenpom, you dissect what you see on film or in person.

32 gary-7, Dec 12, 2017

For all you "banned" from the Truth Hurts Really forum.

I wonder how many degrees the guru has. OFC

Which one?
Kevin-Malone-Laugh.gif

Didn't dexter strickland say the same thing, basically that "Coach K was going to utilize Kyrie Irving wrong and limit his abilities?" ... Before the season had even started?
yeah that was pointed out to me by a UNC fan. I don't remember it happening but it did.

What happened to this thread? Surely they are still saying stupid stuff. I’m banned (I know weird) or I would check em out.

Reactions: skysdad
What happened to this thread? Surely they are still saying stupid stuff. I’m banned (I know weird) or I would check em out.

What's happened to this thread is they have banned just about all of us. I guess by banning a whole message board their mods think they can shut this thread down. Sooner or later they will get everyone but where there's a will there's a way. I don't know if any at all of their mods are banned here but I'll bet every serving of " nanner puddin " I've ever eaten that they know what is posted here. And speaking of " nanner puddin " I'll put my moms, my wife's, my mother-in-law , my aunts and my Grandma Bryant's up against wanda williams any day. OFC

I couldn’t help myself. I checked in at thr on my work computer and was not disappointed. Our buddy Steat said Zion would not come to unx because he knows he wouldn’t start over luke “Bird” Maye or cam Johnson......umm ok.

I couldn’t help myself. I checked in at thr on my work computer and was not disappointed. Our buddy Steat said Zion would not come to unx because he knows he wouldn’t start over luke “Bird” Maye or cam Johnson......umm ok.

To be honest, that’s probably true. And not because Maye or Johnson are better, but because they’re seniors and that’s what Roy tends to do. Don’t think for a second the only reason players have backed away from them is the academic scandal. There have been very highly ranked freshmen at UNC the last 10 years....they just only play 15 minutes/game or UNC’s offense doesn’t fit what they do best.

To be honest, that’s probably true. And not because Maye or Johnson are better, but because they’re seniors and that’s what Roy tends to do. Don’t think for a second the only reason players have backed away from them is the academic scandal. There have been very highly ranked freshmen at UNC the last 10 years....they just only play 15 minutes/game or UNC’s offense doesn’t fit what they do best.
Or in Gary’s words it’s too complex for them and Roy won’t dumb it down.

We have had freshman start for us more often than you think. Just depends on the situation. But I definitely can’t see a scenario where Luke loses his starting job. Not even to Zion. Nassir Little on the other hand, is very likely to start because he’s the best available player to take Theo’s spot once he leaves. Tony Bradley would have started if it weren’t for Hicks and Meeks in front of him. Just about timing really.

We have had freshman start for us more often than you think. Just depends on the situation. But I definitely can’t see a scenario where Luke loses his starting job. Not even to Zion. Nassir Little on the other hand, is very likely to start because he’s the best available player to take Theo’s spot once he leaves. Tony Bradley would have started if it weren’t for Hicks and Meeks in front of him. Just about timing really.
Justin Jackson is the only freshman I remember starting for you since Barnes was there .Maybe Paige but I don’t think he was a day one starter.That is a maximum of three players in eighth or nine years.You don’t think that top level recruits notice this.Even thru this y’all have been able to bring in numerous 10 to 30 level recruits which stayed around for three to four years.This group you have now is not as talented as the last two years teams and you are losing most of that this year.Dont tell me that Maye can continue to be be a 18 and 10 guy.Imo his numbers are going to shrink once ACC play starts.I feel that you will lose 6 to 8 games in conference this year and if your recruiting does not pick up you will be worse next year

Justin Jackson is the only freshman I remember starting for you since Barnes was there .Maybe Paige but I don’t think he was a day one starter.That is a maximum of three players in eighth or nine years.You don’t think that top level recruits notice this.Even thru this y’all have been able to bring in numerous 10 to 30 level recruits which stayed around for three to four years.This group you have now is not as talented as the last two years teams and you are losing most of that this year.Dont tell me that Maye can continue to be be a 18 and 10 guy.Imo his numbers are going to shrink once ACC play starts.I feel that you will lose 6 to 8 games in conference this year and if your recruiting does not pick up you will be worse next year

We've had numerous starting freshman historically- Michael Jordan, Sam Perkins, Brad Daughtery, Jerry Stackhouse, Rasheed Wallace, Antawn Jamison, Joe Forte, Ty Lawson, Wayne Ellington, Brandan Wright, Tyler Hansbrough, Bobby Frasor, John Henson, Kendall Marshall, Harrison Barnes, Justin Jackson, etc. Not sure about Marcus I'll have to check that out.

The point is, and Roy recently talked about this, talent is talent and if it's good enough that player is going to start. But he likes his upperclassmen and I have to respect that as well. And no I don't like Luke is going to average 18 and 10 the rest of the way, but I do think he will continue to play well due to his versatility.

As for our record this year, who knows. I'm gonna say 12-6 but we'll get a good feeling once conference play starts.

And as for recruiting, I don't know if you've noticed but we have the fifth best player coming in next year as well as Coby White, who is also top 25, and Rechon Black who is a solid 4 star. The real issue will be trying to recruit elite big men.

We've had numerous starting freshman historically- Michael Jordan, Sam Perkins, Brad Daughtery, Jerry Stackhouse, Rasheed Wallace, Antawn Jamison, Joe Forte, Ty Lawson, Wayne Ellington, Brandan Wright, Tyler Hansbrough, Bobby Frasor, John Henson, Kendall Marshall, Harrison Barnes, Justin Jackson, etc.

Lol that list is about as lengthy as our starting freshman...for the last 3 years. Not impressive.

You guys have your way of building a team and we have ours, both ways can work, obviously. Luke Bird Maye is gonna be in for a rude awakening once conference play starts, he just shouldn't be the "go-to guy" on a good team. You guys can make a lot of threes though, so wouldn't be shocked if you play us tight at your place. Zion ain't coming to UNC and he would start if he came.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT