ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

thaUNCshow:
"He looks lost out there. Way too much talent on that team to look this bad. I would kill for us to have Ayton in our system."

gary-7:
"No need to kill... just need the right incentive$... the sort of which we don't provide. Plus, we typically require our recruits to attend actual high schools :cool:"
They sure don't require them to attend actual college courses

thaUNCshow:
"He looks lost out there. Way too much talent on that team to look this bad. I would kill for us to have Ayton in our system."

gary-7:
"No need to kill... just need the right incentive$... the sort of which we don't provide. Plus, we typically require our recruits to attend actual high schools :cool:"

It’s when they get to college that UNC softens the rigor on kids.

thaUNCshow:

gary-7:
Justin Jackson was home schooled, true?

You know, there's probably a lot of posters at THR that come off like asshole posters but if you got them face to face, you could probably carry on a decent conversation with them. But that Gary dude, he's the kinda guy who everybody just immediately looks at, rolls their eyes and moves on. Total dipshit.

You know, there's probably a lot of posters at THR that come off like asshole posters but if you got them face to face, you could probably carry on a decent conversation with them. But that Gary dude, he's the kinda guy who everybody just immediately looks at, rolls their eyes and moves on. Total dipshit.

Steat and Archer as well. Both clowns.

No he is the kind you punch in the mouth

Reactions: gottagonow
ray_liotta_goodfellas_laughing.jpg

Yes

Reactions: Showenuff
This has been the go to excuse for early season losses by the Holes for years. Yep, Roy doesn't care about November wins, he is simply experimenting with crazy lineups just for the fun of it. Lollllllll.

plm:
"Roy will play crazy lineups and let the guys work through it at the expense of a win early in the season all day every day After getting worked up over early season losses all my life Roy finally convinced me his way works last year. enjoy the ride and try not to make it all about the wins early in the year with Roy or you will drive yourself nuts."

Oh my please just look at the stats and stuff. Roy couldn't of given his boys a better challenge including the worst officials of all time then they had tonight so says Gary

Reactions: skysdad
Quick stuff and Fools Gold are must reads over at THR right now.

Guru Gary now catching heat from the locals, so he's summoned FlaTarHeel to have conversations with, to convince himself he's not an idiot! The man is a damn genius! The thought of him sitting behind a computer at 2:00am, jockeying back and forth between his two handles is pure gold. I frickin love Guru Gary!

Guru Gary now catching heat from the locals, so he's summoned FlaTarHeel to have conversations with, to convince himself he's not an idiot! The man is a damn genius! The thought of him sitting behind a computer at 2:00am, jockeying back and forth between his two handles is pure gold. I frickin love Guru Gary!
The irony is so beautifully painted with them (his two handles) calling other people idiots for the Pinson flop. Saying he definitely got hit and how can you not see it. Now that is gold right there after the replay clearly and i mean clearly shows it was a blatan flop with zero contact and even Bill Walton who was higher than the Empire State Building could see that was the case. They’ll blindly defend their team though and blind is the key word if you’re defending that flop but coming after Allen Who actually did get hit in the face.

The blaming the refs posts are my favorites, you know they’re coming but you still get giddy like Xmas morning when you see them. They got destroyed and shot 23%? They had nearly ten less fouls called on them and they were the team that was getting destroyed. Gary is in holiday giving mode early this season boys!

Well, here it is. The legendary gary-7 with his MSU game recap. Hilarious.

"...and so, if Roy had told the guys, "OK, tonight I'm gonna test y'all by putting you up against a big, physical, experienced team... with the worst, most one-sided officiating imaginable"... well, he couldn't have drawn it up any better.

- Let's go ahead and get this out front: This was a horrifically officiated game --- sometimes almost comically bad --- and the way it was done was right in MSU's wheelhouse. Our guys were getting hit, and hit hard, on every possession... and on any given possession you could call out your choice among illegal screens, hooks, undercuts, blatant travels --- hell, just open the rule book to a random page and pick one. JB got hit more than once by shots that would have been Personal Fouls on a football field with no call. Early on I kept trying to get a look at just who these clowns-in-stripes were, and when they finally showed a close-up, wouldn't ya know, it's Michael mf-ing Stephens. Imagine that...

- Once I saw what was transpiring I put aside my stat sheet because this one was gonna be all about eyes, as in watching closely. If you're gonna get one of these, it's best to get it early in the season --- and in a way it had a positive side-affect in that it was gonna be a test to see how our guys would hold up and react. Suffice to say, in the first half especially, not well. MSU was able to take us out of our game. Just one example was when Kenny over-cooked a simple fast break lay-up. It was maybe the first time he didn't hafta finish thru contact and so he goes too strong in anticipation.

- My biggest game-specific concern going in was dealing with their bulk and length inside. Garrison, Sterling and Huff were just overwhelmed. The constant hard contact knocked them off their spots, but truth is they were playing timid on simple post moves. Brooks was just serving up easy shot-blocks at one point. This game also showed we're gonna have a hard time playing Small against some teams. That's the one thing that didn't go well at all on the defensive end.

- The good news is we actually played pretty good defense in our normal Hybrid lineup. Considering how many extra possessions we gave them on the other end, holding them to 60 (before garbage time) was pretty impressive. That being said I really wish Roy would have had our guys attacking with 30 and 40 in the first half like we did in the second at times. Bullies don't like to be bullied, and MSU didn't handle pressure well. On the other hand, if you can't get a zebra to recognize a simple and obvious travel in a trap, what can ya do? But again, holding them to 60 when we were as bad as we were offensively, and forcing 24 TOs is pretty stout.

- And speaking of bad... the really bad news was on the offensive end. I was disappointed in our inability to finish thru contact. Luke in particular was not his normal self. Granted, he was being undercut on most of his inside moves, but he wasn't attacking with purpose tonight... and his 3-ball once again looked steer-y. But then, pretty much the whole team couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside.

- Speaking of which, that was particularly disappointing in the second half when we forced them into bad shots, clock violations or other turnovers, but just couldn't cash in. We missed open look after open look, especially just when it looked like we might make a second-half run. As I'm writing this I just glanced at the box score. Yep...it was as bad as my eyes told me. 1/18 from 3 and shoot under 25% for the game? Yikes! And hell, when we DID actually get to the line, we left multiple points there as well. We shoot the ball worth HALF a damn and we at least have a shot to pull this thing out.

- Got to throw a shout-out to "Thor". Our boy Rohlman gave a good account of himself being thrust into the fray early. Wasn't nobody gonna bully him, at least.

Welp, we all knew there would be bumps... and here was the first (literally). Good to find some things out in the early season --- that's one reason you want to play games like this. Now we gotta hope the lesson(s) were learned. 5-1 going into the ACC-Big 10 ain't too bad --- but lessee how the guys respond Wednesday."

Lol, it is awesome. And yes, he did summon good old gary #2, aka FlaTarHeel, to his own defense. And most in that thread are telling him to stop with the "We got hosed by the zebras" crap after every game. That guy is more than pathetic.

Doesn't he start every one with how bad the officiating was?

As a wholr, that is just awful...and hilarious.

Check out this scumbag making a joke about cancer, of all things. Disgusting. This in a thread at RR about them not getting Bagley.

Willy4UK:
"Duke players suck NBA contracts wise. But I get it. Trust me. I do. And I'm not just saying that. I mean it. Plus may K get cancer. Not wishing it on him. Just saying he may get cancer..."

FlaTarHeel checking in here on why UNC should be higher up than ND since they both lost to MSU. His logic is that ND lost worse. “Especially considering ND loss to Mich St worse thanwe did.”

MSU 63
UNC- 45

MSU-81
ND- 63

Now I’m no math major.....

FlaTarHeel checking in here on why UNC should be higher up than ND since they both lost to MSU. His logic is that ND lost worse. “Especially considering ND loss to Mich St worse thanwe did.”

MSU 63
UNC- 45

MSU-81
ND- 63

Now I’m no math major.....

It's all explained right here....unc advanced algebra class....

Welp, I got banned. No fun as I wasn't even trolling - I was explaining to Steat, DSothern, and TKPFAS (whatever it is) that Oden and Giles are terrible comparisons due to the clinical nature of their injuries, and me trying to help them understand what an athletic movement signature is. They are really jumpy right now.

morgousky:
"Duval would have trouble getting qualified at a community college.

Cal didn't need ruin college basketball. Our players might be full of OAD's, but nearly all have been quality. Duval and Bagley fall way below Duke standards, I'm not sure UK would even attempt to get them qualified, Duval for sure.

Still waiting on the media to question coach K about Duke standards for student athletes when he arrived and how that changed during his time. Don't see why it's not a relevant question when every other day for at least 5 years we had to endure tough questions about Cals style and the effect on the "student athlete".

Duke has made an absolute mockery of the student athlete way more than Cal ever did. Ivy League of the ACC my ass. They've got lower standards than anyone in the league."

Welp, I got banned. No fun as I wasn't even trolling - I was explaining to Steat, DSothern, and TKPFAS (whatever it is) that Oden and Giles are terrible comparisons due to the clinical nature of their injuries, and me trying to help them understand what an athletic movement signature is. They are really jumpy right now.
Join the list actually surprised you lasted as long as you dig.

You gotta be kidding. thr banning a Duke fan. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT