ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

Oh my Topps, you hit the nail DIRECTLY on the head. I type no different than how I would talk to you face to face. Ask the folks who have been around me.

Oh my Topps, you hit the nail DIRECTLY on the head. I type no different than how I would talk to you face to face. Ask the folks who have been around me.
So do I.I try to treat people with respect on the boards and in person but even now there are some lines that you cannot go over with me and I will not cross

Know that they had Jordan and Worthy but they haven't had an all star in twenty plus years.They also equated Hansbrough to Laettner.They call him a bust but he was a 17 and 8 guy and made his first all star game until he ruptured his Achilles

This is simply a testament to Roy Williams' unique ability to maximize the talents of unheralded recruits. Had Tyler Hansbrough, Sean May, and Raymond Felton been coached by Roy in the NBA, I'm sure they would have joined Kendall Marshall among the 50 greatest players of all-time.

I'm in absolute AWE of the posters over there dogging Duke about academics. It's the most incredible thing I've ever witnessed, this gauchohole guy.....

Duval will take all of his three college courses seriously: Intro to College, Basketweaving 101, and Drama for Beginners.

This guy does realize THOSE 3 would be more informative than uh.....nothing?
Remember when NY writers asked Joe Namath if he majored in basket weaving in college.He said no journalism,it was easier

Did anyone notice that UNC didn't exactly blowout DII school, Barton College? Barton went 20-10 last year, lost 2 of its top 3 players, and they only played two guys that are over 6'5. UNC won the game 91-80 - and the rebounding advantage was 57-37. UNC is very, very average without Berry. I honestly think Bucknell could beat them by double digits at the DES Center. Of course I have no idea how their players have progressed off-season, so I could be completely off-base. But I think they will struggle mightily in these first few games.

This isn’t a THR quote but I thought I’d post it here instead of starting a thread about it but I just saw a post on Facebook about UNC losing 32-24 to UNCG in a 13 minute exhibition scrimmage game

Reactions: dukedevilz
Did anyone notice that UNC didn't exactly blowout DII school, Barton College? Barton went 20-10 last year, lost 2 of its top 3 players, and they only played two guys that are over 6'5. UNC won the game 91-80 - and the rebounding advantage was 57-37. UNC is very, very average without Berry. I honestly think Bucknell could beat them by double digits at the DES Center. Of course I have no idea how their players have progressed off-season, so I could be completely off-base. But I think they will struggle mightily in these first few games.
You could be right. But they beat a 6 win Tulane team last year game 2 by 20 points. I don't think Roy worries to much about showing out against the scrub opponents. I'm not going to read too much into the Barton game.
Edit: But you are right about the Berry thing. If they lost him that's a NIT team for sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have a year they truly deserve, like lose at least 12 or 13 ball games. That's not enough, but also maybe they get the sh%* beat out of them each time they play us.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have a year they truly deserve, like lose at least 12 or 13 ball games. That's not enough, but also maybe they get the sh%* beat out of them each time they play us.
I am anxious to see Duval play against Berry.If he buys in on defense imo he with his size and athleticism he can cause Berry a lot of trouble.Still remember Thornton blocking his shot at the Dean dome two years ago.Duval has the potential to be much better than Thornton was.As stated above Unless Berry plays at a high level Unc is not very good.

Yea, the nights Berry has an off night will be catastrophic for the Holes.

hof of coach williams being the gentleman he is pulled the dogs off. That is why hoy williams is the most amazing man in the world today. OFC

Sooooo...Duke's current players don't go to class while all of ours definitely have since 2011. Their privilege to make fun of us for the scandal is pretty much done right?

dadika on the suspension of the 3 Duke freshmen skipping class... I think he has a point, though. 20 years of academic fraud at UNC is roughly the equivalent of 3 Duke players missing a single class. Sounds about even, no?

Reactions: KellenPatrick
Sooooo...Duke's current players don't go to class while all of ours definitely have since 2011. Their privilege to make fun of us for the scandal is pretty much done right?

dadika on the suspension of the 3 Duke freshmen skipping class... I think he has a point, though. 20 years of academic fraud at UNC is roughly the equivalent of 3 Duke players missing a single class. Sounds about even, no?

Yeah, that one made me chuckle. I think he’s being serious too....which kind of tells you all you need to know.

Well, I got blacklisted at the UNC site for the following:

A UNC poster stated that the type of academic fraud that existed for years at UNC happens at every school. I asked something like "So every school has no-show classes where the secretary grades the papers?"

Then Gary jumped in to defend UNCs bogus classes by attacking Dukes curriculum. I responded by saying that UNC administration admitted there was years of academic fraud. A point they seem to forget.

DSouthr jumped in with one of his rambling posts that I skimmed but he basically said the types of kids all schools recruit for basketball cant do the course work and he questioned how they stay eligible - implying that UNCs dumbing down of the classes is normal. I responded they stay eligible because K holds them accountable by suspending them for missing classes.

Anyway, very comical to me to get banned from a "RIVALS" forum for engaging the posters on that forum - didnt attack anyone, didnt name call, etc.

The inherent irony in this is that 1 starter and 2 guys that wont see the floor much get suspended for missing class/tardy. Meanwhile, hundreds of UNC athletes participate in academic fraud and are rewarded with a degree!

Poor little Gary is VERY upset at where his lover boy, Joel Berry, is ranked on this list. Ha haaaa.

Joel Berry checks in at #13 behind Grayson and Bagley. Some of the names I can understand but I was thinking Berry should be higher than 13.

1. Miles Bridges - Mich St.
2. Ethan Happ - Wisconsin
3. Bonzie Colson - ND
4. Allonzo Trier - Arizona
5. Michael Porter Jr. - Mizzou
6. Grayson Allen - Duke
7. Devonte Graham - Kansas
8. Landry Shamet - Wich St.
9. Marvin Bagley - Duke
10. Jock Landale - St. Mary's
11. Jevon Carter - West Virginia
12. Deandre Ayton - Arizona
13. Joel Berry - UNC
14. Collin Sexton - Alabama
15. Robert Williams - Texas A&M
The top 50 players in college basketball http://es.pn/2hDWCe2 via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

gary-7:
"Idiots. F***ing idiots. That is all."

What Gary needs to understand is that is a current ranking...as in Berry is #13 with a broken hand. As soon as he's heeled his ranking will skyrocket.

Reactions: dukephysics
As for the classes thing....what bothers me is that UNC, and many others basketball fans, Duke included sometimes, assume no basketball players are smart enough to play at a Duke or UNC etc. Fact is most of those guys are a.art enough to attend Duke. Would they go without Basketball, probably not, but that could be economics or that they didn't get in based on academics. Just because you can't get into Duke with ball doesn't mean you're too dumb to learn at Duke. I know there have been and will be a few that are below the standards and their load will be simplified, but most of these guys are smart.

Reactions: skysdad
As for the classes thing....what bothers me is that UNC, and many others basketball fans, Duke included sometimes, assume no basketball players are smart enough to play at a Duke or UNC etc. Fact is most of those guys are a.art enough to attend Duke. Would they go without Basketball, probably not, but that could be economics or that they didn't get in based on academics. Just because you can't get into Duke with ball doesn't mean you're too dumb to learn at Duke. I know there have been and will be a few that are below the standards and their load will be simplified, but most of these guys are smart.
It’s just a lazy argument. There are a lot of really smart kids who cannot get into a school like Duke, Stanford, Harvard etc. youre competing with a bazillion other equalky smart people- you need something to put you over or in certain cases something that makes you so exceptional that it puts you well in front- maybe thats athletics, maybe it’s band, maybe it’s something else. Maybe it’s a family legacy, who knows. Bottom line is, obviously not everyone is going to get in on their academic transcripts and test scores alone...and for athletes the overwhelming majority fall in that category. That doesnt make it a bad thing.

Good old gary giving yet another excuse as to why Shittu eliminated them. Oh, I mean, that they eliminated Shittu. Lolllllll.

"From what I gleaned we backed off after evaluations."

From what he "gleaned"...Ha haaa, what a dbag.

So after the Hole staff's "evaluations" they simply decided he wasn't good enough, huh? Ha haaaaaaa. What a jackass.

THR is stale as hell. Not a creative mind in the lot. You'd think somebody would see after 8 years of constant usage, "the ol' bag of money by another school" excuse for missing on a recruit, is played out.

Guru Gary going for broke trying to hit the ghetto lottery! He knows the higher JB is picked, the more money he gets for child support! Gary should be showing a little bump by now... Pretty sure he is 5 months pregnant!

I don't know how many of you post on the college basketball board but over there for the most part the posters over there think pretty much like we do about it that thr and guru gary -7 are a joke . Really is thr even relevant anymore. OFC

Guru Gary going for broke trying to hit the ghetto lottery! He knows the higher JB is picked, the more money he gets for child support! Gary should be showing a little bump by now... Pretty sure he is 5 months pregnant!

To%20Joel%20with%20Love%20from%20Gary-7.gif

OFC

From Darkhorse

“I’m sick of these super teams like sucky and dook! Give me the Luke Mayes of the world and to hell with these rent a player teams and their rent a fan nations! It would be alright with me if they never won a game again and some of the things these programs have been getting away with should have all wins last 15 years vacated! I woke up passed this morning for some reason even though the big win at Pitt and last night made me feel a little better. Good effort by our STUDENT-ATHLETES last night, couldn’t be prouder!

That’s the ultimate “the pot calling the kettle black” post if I’ve ever seen one

I took a sneak peek over there just now and read oh Gary's Stats n stuff. The knucklehead puts a smile on my face when I read about blown assists. They had 19 of them and still wore out UNI! I'm starting to get worried. Lol, lmao

I took a sneak peek over there just now and read oh Gary's Stats n stuff. The knucklehead puts a smile on my face when I read about blown assists. They had 19 of them and still wore out UNI! I'm starting to get worried. Lol, lmao

Yeah, after figuring in the blown assists and missed open three pointers (that just rim out due to the lighting at the arena)... Stats and Stuff usually has the Holes winning 163-17.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT