ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

From the great Guru Gary's stats and stuff:

- Wow, what a display of offensive ugliness the first half was. Missing wide-open 3s, not finishing inside. Yikes. Although in the first half we scored 19 of our (ugh) 35 points in the Secondary Break (47 for the game), we blew 8 transition opportunities, and more tellingly, had 17 Blown Assists in the first half alone. Certain know-nothings like to make fun of that metric but it is a vital measure of efficiency. It means we're passing the ball and getting open looks but not finishing.

17 blown assists...haha!
I think the know-nothings are getting to him.

Reactions: tw3301
[QUOTE="carolinablue34, post: 11228210, member: 22878"

Give it a rest.

Anyway, I’m done. We are just beating a dead horse at this point.[/QUOTE]

Why should he "give it a rest" on a Duke message board?

As far as a "horse," I always thought Roy resembled more of Huckleberry Hound...

OFC

Give it a rest.

Anyway, I’m done. We are just beating a dead horse at this point.

As far as a "horse," I always thought Roy resembled more of Huckleberry Hound...

OFC[/QUOTE]

I’m interested in discussing other things as you might imagine

Give it a rest.

OFC[/QUOTE]

Lol Hart2chesson, This clown needs to be sent back to delusionalville with the rest of the unc idiots!

Reactions: hart2chesson

OFC

I’m interested in discussing other things as you might imagine[/QUOTE]
You have been outspoken about Unc not being dirty.How about responding to my post outlining 60 years of cheating.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Lol, and you’re not a homer? Get real dude, we are all homers to some degree. The difference is, I acknowledge it and you don’t. I try to be rational. But do you really expect me to just agree with what you’re saying about Roy? What do you want from me? Haha.

Give it a rest. If you really hate Roy to the point where you think he’s a constant liar and a lowlife, that’s your deal. Just don’t get all up in arms when people take shots at K. He’s not exactly a saint either.

Please give us examples of where K has been implicated in any of the verified instances than DES and Roy were involved in

Such a welcoming crowd

CB34....it’s time for you to stop. You’re not going to get opinions that may mesh with yours here.

You’re a good poster...but I’d stick to basketball. Beating a dead horse about Roy here is no different than me doing the same about K at a UNC board. Seems a bit fruitless, if you ask me. As a visitor it’s best to just bite your tongue.

Reactions: dbav and skysdad
CB34....it’s time for you to stop. You’re not going to get opinions that may mesh with yours here.

You’re a good poster...but I’d stick to basketball. Beating a dead horse about Roy here is no different than me doing the same about K at a UNC board. Seems a bit fruitless, if you ask me. As a visitor it’s best to just bite your tongue.

Took the words right out of my mouth. My fault for getting sucked into it in the first place.

1. This guy isn't a conspiracy theorist or anything....LOL.

AndreHoldingMyRearend
    Duke is awful defensively and isn't winning the title this year. With that said. Bagley should NOT be allowed to play in college this year. The manner in which he reclassified and made it into Duke is very suspect. But since the NCAA is abunch of Duke and unc blow hards they were more than happy to assist Duke and cheat for them by making a player eligible that had no business being eligible at all for this season let alone so quickly.

No way does bagley reclassify, commit to UK and play this season. Just no way would that ever happen. But the ncaa will do whatever it takes to enhance duke's title chances even if that means adding players that shouldn't be eligible or overseeding with cupcake brackets. Much like unCHEAT and how they get a cupcake bracket, overseeded and crooked refs every year. Duke gets the same.

With that said Duke is miserable on defense and they can get as much help from the ncaa adding players, setting up cupcake brackets, assigning certain officials to fix games for Duke. They still won't win it this year unless its an all out cheat fest by assigning crooked refs for literally every single duke game to be called one sided much like unc last yearand how they had crooked refs for literally back to back to back to back to back games in order to win the title. Each of those 5 games starting with that very crooked Arkansas game unc loses without crooked officiating.

So if Duke gets that type of assistance this year they will have it in the bag. But so would creighton if they got that kind of help from officiating and NCAA having refs fix the games. Duke's last title was also due to crooked officiating thru out entire final 4. Refs knocked us out, then cheated Wisconsin after Wisconsin had no business being there to begin with due to the officiating from the game before, and then the irony of it all the refs then screw wiscy in the title game after the refs screwed us. And Ryan still had the audacity to cry about refs after we got cheated, even tho he did infact get cheated. It was just funny how it worked out so perfectly for duke. We get very hard bracket, Duke gets by far easiest bracket in the tourney the one we deserved, refs knocked us out because Duke would've got blown out by us and even arranging a fix wouldn't have won duke the game vs us that year. So the ncaa had the refs take us out before reaching duke then they screwed Wisconsin all game long in order for Duke to win.

With how the bagley situation played out could easily see a fix in this years tourney especially after how obvious the fix was last year. It's literally like watching professional wrestling with how crooked these refs and the NCAA are. If you think the refs don't profit from vegas off the NCAAT having friends do the bets for them then youre crazier than hell. Literally the easiest profession to make dirty money from and not get caught, with basketball being by far the easiest sport to manipulate the scores of. The only way this could ever change is to turn basketball into a sport where gambling isn't allowed. And for those who think refs don't gamble, not even one or a few at the highest level in college. Then you must think this world is full of nothin but great people and that bad human beings don't exist. Which some are naive enough to believe.

36 AndreHoldingMyRearend, Today at 3:18 AM
    Last edited: Today at 8:13 AM

I just read this on Tarhole Radar. They were making fun of the Grayson Storm.

New
What he play like?
I heard his footwork is lethal ...
He trips the light fastastic!
K told him to cut it out or he'd suspend him!
If he tries this in the Dome, we'll empty the stands and stomp his sorry dookie butt!

I thought about getting banned by replying: "Do you think when the 3 of you empty the dome y'all really think you can stomp Grayson? I doubt it." Lmao

Talk about hyperbole/ drama queen. Gary here, errrr, I mean FranktheHeel. Lol...

"Tucker really shouldn’t have went their from the first place, I thought he would've done well at Cuse and I think a lot of us knew the outcome would be like this. He let Ratty sell him on the brotherhood( it doesn’t deserve caps) and the kid unfortunately lost his freshman year when he could've been playing elsewhere. You know what though, he’s better than some of the others because he got out of there before he got stuck for two years like Bolden and DeLaurier letting k hold them back making "promises" for the future. The amount of transfers they have had compared to us just shows the differences between our programs. It’s just crazy to think that these kids are constantly doing this to themselves, when there are really good programs out there that will do right by them like us.

I said it another time what I love about Roy is that hasn’t changed what he preaches and how he treats his players, he gives all his players an equal chance and has never put a kid above the team and the program. Roy develops an mutual understanding between himself and his players that leads them to buy into what he preaches. He consistently develops his guys and didn’t waver from what made him successful by building relationships with his recruits and getting the right players for his program. Once they get here, he helps them to not only be great on the court, but to mold them into fine young men off of it. He truly cares about them beyond their time at UNC, why do you think he went to Marcus Paige and Justin Jackson's weddings and checks the box scores of his guys in the pros every night.

That’s the guy I would want to play for!"

I remember when this was about dumb things people posted not negative things about Duke people posted.

Reactions: pisgah101
2013 we got blitzed by Louisville because that guy broke his leg in half and they played like a team possessed after that.

Yep that's the major one I disagreed with. We were the best team that yr and that broke leg beat us

Yep that's the major one I disagreed with. We were the best team that yr and that broke leg beat us
I don’t know if we were but i did think that they and Us were by far the two best teams and why we were in the same bracket I’ll never know.

I don’t know if we were but i did think that they and Us were by far the two best teams and why we were in the same bracket I’ll never know.

Because we choked against Maryland in the ACCT. We probably shouldn’t have been in that bracket....but we could only blame ourselves.

There is a guy on tos and he left his name and fb page. He claims to have talked to zion and his dad and said Zions dad would like him to go to Clemson but that he feels like z will pick UNC. Said that zions dad spoke very nicely about Roy while not so nicely about k and cal. The guy seems legit again left his name and fb page so I believe him. He said he is 90% z will come to UNC. Guys name is Kendall Thurman and he said you could look him up and check him out he isn't lieing folks.
-truetarhillraider

That's a real gem :D

Gary with why they lost... two big reasons tv teddy and they didn't go to the "bomb squad" quick enough.. what exactly is that?

Gary with why they lost... two big reasons tv teddy and they didn't go to the "bomb squad" quick enough.. what exactly is that?

Oh he's blaming ref Ted Valentine....Interesting. Lets hear his take on Joel Berry driving and taking a highly contested shot at the end his idol B e rry missed. According to ol Roy, Joel passed up a wide open Cam Johnson in the corner.

OFC

I love how in the Jordan Tucker Transferring thread that UNC fans are bashing Duke for having a player leave because he wasn't getting play time. This is coming from a group of fans of a team who is notorious for 3-4 year players and who has a coach who will play veteran players over freshmen and make players earn their time and spend it from the bench watching.

Yep, here is a paragraph from the great Gary's FSU game "quick stuff." Lol. He is such a self absorbed jackass. And yeah the Bomb Squad. Ha haaaaa...

"Finally, while we dug our own hole early and had the aforementioned deficiencies, at some point there needs to be some accountability. This was a big ACC game between quality ranked opponents, and the guys in stripes need to show up, too. In a VERY physical game, in which we attacked the rim frequently, FSU still had 2 fouls to give with under a minute. And they accumulated a grand total of 9, that's right, 9 team foulsfor the entire game (a number that happens to match the total number of FT attempts UNC got, while FSU was shooting 22). We don't ask for it to be perfect, just some semblance of fair. Putting it quite simply, that didn't happen tonight."

Another loss on the refs, darn it all!

I love how in the Jordan Tucker Transferring thread that UNC fans are bashing Duke for having a player leave because he wasn't getting play time. This is coming from a group of fans of a team who is notorious for 3-4 year players and who has a coach who will play veteran players over freshmen and make players earn their time and spend it from the bench watching.
The thread on Tucker over there is quite comical from that obvious perspective. They talk out of both sides of their mouth so much they don’t even see it.

Yep, here is a paragraph from the great Gary's FSU game "quick stuff." Lol. He is such a self absorbed jackass. And yeah the Bomb Squad. Ha haaaaa...

"Finally, while we dug our own hole early and had the aforementioned deficiencies, at some point there needs to be some accountability. This was a big ACC game between quality ranked opponents, and the guys in stripes need to show up, too. In a VERY physical game, in which we attacked the rim frequently, FSU still had 2 fouls to give with under a minute. And they accumulated a grand total of 9, that's right, 9 team foulsfor the entire game (a number that happens to match the total number of FT attempts UNC got, while FSU was shooting 22). We don't ask for it to be perfect, just some semblance of fair. Putting it quite simply, that didn't happen tonight."

Another loss on the refs, darn it all!

I find stuff like this boggling. When you read UNC/UK threads and why they lost, it's because they had more team fouls called on them than the other team and they just want the refs to "call it down the middle". Do they not realize, sometimes your team fouls more than the other team and vice versa? Do they think at the end of the game in the box score both teams are supposed to have the same amount of team fouls? Is that how you know it was a fairly called game? Remeber a few years back when Clemson had to finish with 4 players in Chapel Hell? I guess the refs didn't call that one down the middle. UNC fans should have been as upset at Clemson fans that day o_O

The thread on Tucker over there is quite comical from that obvious perspective. They talk out of both sides of their mouth so much they don’t even see it.

Yeah, I always thought the best players get the majority of the playing time. The Holes love bashing Duke for being "Transfer U" but it is purely their blind hatred talking. Their narrative is that they leave because "The Rat" lies to the kids and doesn't care about his kids that are non starters. Maybe Duke has had several transfers lately because Duke is bringing in the top talent in the country and when a player sees the writing on the wall he might think it is better for him to go elsewhere and get some PT??! Naaahh, that couldn't be!!

Yeah, I always thought the best players get the majority of the playing time. The Holes love bashing Duke for being "Transfer U" but it is purely their blind hatred talking. Their narrative is that they leave because "The Rat" lies to the kids and doesn't care about his kids that are non starters. Maybe Duke has had several transfers lately because Duke is bringing in the top talent in the country and when a player sees the writing on the wall he might think it is better for him to go elsewhere and get some PT??! Naaahh, that couldn't be!!
Look no further than the thread they have on Felton for your THR “let me completely contradict myself” fill of the day.

Carolina Way Senior

New Lolz. Maye must be drunk

They are turning on Big Luke Maye at THR, vaunted All American candidate. He has eaten more leather today than a pack of lions at a biker rally. Stats must be abysmal. But its okay, he will make it up against the bottom tier of the ACC, maybe.

I love the trash talk over there about us recruiting over our players and forcing them to transfer, when they are definitely looking to recruit over all of their current big men.

I love the trash talk over there about us recruiting over our players and forcing them to transfer, when they are definitely looking to recruit over all of their current big men.

All that means is we have 2 legitimate people at a certain position that want to play for us. They are lucky if they get 1.

Reactions: FrenchDevil
Love how the Holes tried to act as if that Jalek Felton dude was some huge, waaaayyy underrated recruit that should have been a top 10. They were full of s**t then and I knew it. They simply knew they had nobody even close to what Duke had coming in and tried to blow him up as if he was in the league of the likes of Bagley, Carter, Duval and Trent (pretty awesome, huh? Lol.) It was nothing but wishful thinking. He pretty much SUCKS.

Hilarious thread at RR right now about how the refs are screwing them against UT...while they are beating UT. Ha haaaa. Going so far as to say the refs MUST have a bet on the game. Lollll.

Just saw these nuggets on genius Gary's ND game quick stuff thread...

"3) let's be honest, ND's guys were also doing a lot of grabbing and poking after we had balls almost secured (none of which they were penalized for)."

"- Back to concerns, we just weren't cashing in tonight. We had 16 Assists on 26 made FGs, but the 19Blown Assists reared their ugly heads, contributing to 9 Blown Transition ops. We were definitely sharing the ball but not finishing the job at nearly the clip we need to."

"Anyway, somehow we survived the above issues and a fired-up ND team (and Jamie Luckie)."

Yep, refs kept it close for ND. Haaa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT