ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS WAKE FOREST OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

If Zion does not play Saturday you have to start wondering about his conditioning. That will be over 4 weeks without playing a game when we get to ACC tournament time. Coach K said in his postgame interview he has to get back in shape.

If Zion does not play Saturday you have to start wondering about his conditioning. That will be over 4 weeks without playing a game when we get to ACC tournament time. Coach K said in his postgame interview he has to get back in shape.

Three weeks. But I get what you’re saying.

Besides, I’ll take Zion even if he’s tired.

Reactions: Dad2ze
Sorry everyone, but a W is a W is a W. There is no ugly found anywhere in the spelling of win.
It took a pissed off Coach and a bunch of young kids with a lot of heart to come back when they were down 10. Wake was feeling it and knew it was their game.
Sorry to disappoint anyone that thought Duke should have lost that game, but the record is 26-4.
Go Duke!
OFC
^^this^^

Reactions: jcdevilfan
Whew....after numerous rewinds and freezing, shot wouldn't have counted dude still had the the ball with...0.0 and red light...#nextgame

Happy we won. Happy Tre is ok. Happy that this team is a group of fighters that fought back. Happy that’s our last game at Cameron, because we are terrible at home. When Tre went out, Javin scored an athletic contested layup and turned around on the defensive end and took a hard charge. That’s the upperclassman leadership we NEED. What a great back-to-back sequence. On the flip side... We played terrible, a lot of bad decision making. Borderline embarrassing performance.

Overall, I’m just very thankful for the W — Anyway, the flu has found me and this NyQuil is making my eyelids heavy. Y’all have a great night!

Happy we won. Happy Tre is ok. Happy that this team is a group of fighters that fought back. Happy that’s our last game at Cameron, because we are terrible at home. When Tre went out, Javin scored an athletic contested layup and turned around on the defensive end and took a hard charge. That’s the upperclassman leadership we NEED. What a great back-to-back sequence. On the flip side... We played terrible, a lot of bad decision making. Borderline embarrassing performance.

Overall, I’m just very thankful for the W — Anyway, the flu has found me and this NyQuil is making my eyelids heavy. Y’all have a great night!

The best sleep ever

Without Zion, we put way too much on RJ. No reason that Duke should look this average. Too many of our role players aren’t capable of doing more. Alex is the exception. With this lineup, he needs more than 6 shots. He’s also pretty good with distributing the ball. The kid has a good feel for the game.
Cam is just too inconsistent, and without our best player, 6 points out of a lottery? pick just ain’t cutting it. Against Wake Forest with his size he has more fouls (4) than rebounds (2). Jack had 8 points and 10 rebounds, and Alex had 9 and 4. Let that sink in.

Hope I’m wrong, but I’m not looking forward to Saturday night.

I’ve said it before, but as a general rule, K is too dependent on our one and dones. The only good thing so far to come out of Zion being out is Alex. He’s had a chance to play, something he wasn’t doing much of without the injuries. It’s allowed him to get into a rhythm. The kid can play.

Reactions: pisgah101
Wake Forest hasn’t beaten us in Cameron since Tim Duncan was a Senior in 1997. Do we have a home win streak versus any other ACC opponents onger than that?

I have faith that K will have them ready. I don’t think tonight’s game is indicative of potential. Teams have bad nights. Maybe Zion comes back. We don’t know, but I’m not going to let one bad game define what they’re capable of. They’re obviously not as good without Zion, but they can still beat UNCheat without him.

One bad game? despite winning.... it’s been 5+ games of passionless, boneheaded basketball. Guys, it’s ok to say this team has regressed even with Zion. Time to call a spade a spade, if this “style” of play continues we’re making an early exit in both tournaments.

One bad game? despite winning.... it’s been 5+ games of passionless, boneheaded basketball. Guys, it’s ok to say this team has regressed even with Zion. Time to call a spade a spade, if this “style” of play continues we’re making an early exit in both tournaments.
Zion will be back most likely by the ACC tournament according to K’s postgame press conference. Duke hasn’t looked that great without Zion, but they’re still a damn good team capable of beating anyone in the country if they play their best.

Whew....after numerous rewinds and freezing, shot wouldn't have counted dude still had the the ball with...0.0 and red light...#nextgame

The red light was aglow and ball was still on fingertips. Thank God he missed it though. Refs might not have seen enough evidence to overturn call had he made it. They would have been looking at a very small monitor.

Zion will be back most likely by the ACC tournament according to K’s postgame press conference. Duke hasn’t looked that great without Zion, but they’re still a damn good team capable of beating anyone in the country if they play their best.

I appreciate the optimism FTB. But That’s exactly what I’m saying... we’ve gone from a team beating Kentucky by almost 40 to a team that barely hangs on at home to WAKE!!! Trending the wrong direction

“ If “ my aunt had a Johnson she’d be my uncle! Good night now.

I appreciate the optimism FTB. But That’s exactly what I’m saying... we’ve gone from a team beating Kentucky by almost 40 to a team that barely hangs on at home to WAKE!!! Trending the wrong direction

“ If “ my aunt had a Johnson she’d be my uncle! Good night now.
All of your posts have been pretty negative since you joined on Dec 20, 2018. In fact, pretty much every single one. And the only game threads you’ve shown up in are TX Tech, UNC, and Wake Forest tonight. I’m no detective, but I think your Aunt might be your Uncle.

All of your posts have been pretty negative since you joined on Dec 20, 2018. In fact, pretty much every single one. And the only game threads you’ve shown up in are TX Tech, UNC, and Wake Forest tonight. I’m no detective, but I think your Aunt might be your Uncle.
Posters like him are the exact reason that I rarely post in the game day threads during the game because the older I get the more my temper that I had when I was younger starts to come back and the level of stupid from a lot of these random posters that only show up when we’re struggling is bound to eventually bring out my bad temper and it wouldn’t be pretty if my temper comes out lol

Last edited:
Reactions: FearTheBeard
Posters like him are the exact reason that I rarely post in the game day threads during the game because the older I get the more my temper that I had when I was younger starts to come back and the level of stupid from a lot of these random posters that only show up when we’re struggling is bound to eventually bring out my bad temper and it wouldn’t be pretty if my temper comes out lol

But that would make the thread even more interesting...lol

Can you imagine being in film room today when team reviews White's inbounds gaffe.

Cam posted 6 pts and 2 boards against a HORRIBLE Wake squad, how?

Saturday is going to be ugly.

Reactions: pisgah101
Would you take being swept by UNCheat this year but win the ACC tournament? I think that's what we are looking at best case scenario. Zion leads this team , both offensively and defensively, it's no secret. It's a cruddy deal , but it's where we are right now.

Would you take being swept by UNCheat this year but win the ACC tournament? I think that's what we are looking at best case scenario. Zion leads this team , both offensively and defensively, it's no secret. It's a cruddy deal , but it's where we are right now.
Surprisingly, I’m okay with a sweep by the Holes if Zion comes back and Duke wins the whole damn thing. The Hole wins will have nice asterisk next to them.

Not picking on you personally as many have posted this but an ugly win against non-NIT team in final home game, that's Duke Basketball?

Don’t over analyze the final score, we won the game. Would all of us have felt better/feel better if we had come out of the gate at 100% and dominated from tip to final whistle? Sure. But when you sleepwalk throughout the game you allow a lot of weird things to take shape and they usually do. I’m certainly disappointed we squandered an opportunity to solidify ourselves going into the most important part of the season. But I’m also not going to be dramatic and think that if our season was on the line we wouldn’t have beaten Wake by 20+ last night. We are young and we were really young last night. We’ll get a much better effort on Saturday, then we’ll see just how much of a finished product we are.

Reactions: dukiejay
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT