ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs lville

If Stewart continues to get minutes it will do wonders for his confidence and help if nothing else with rebounding .
Didn’t even mind the goal tending call .
I like the post about the two fast breaks where the ball was not passed off. Foster was the first one with Roach running right with him. I think he got pulled right after that play .

If Stewart continues to get minutes it will do wonders for his confidence and help if nothing else with rebounding .
Didn’t even mind the goal tending call .
I like the post about the two fast breaks where the ball was not passed off. Foster was the first one with Roach running right with him. I think he got pulled right after that play .
They actually missed the call on that one goal tend by Stewart but we deserve a few calls to go our way.

Reactions: hart2chesson
You must be about 20 years old. Hell, all sports were more physical in the 70’s & 80’s than now.

You have no clue, youngster. LOL. I’ve been watching basketball and all sports since the late 60s. I watched Lew Alcindor against Elvin Hayes in 1968. You?

The game was far more finesse in the 70s. While major fouls are treated differently and hand checking is less prominent today, it was far less physical in a general sense than today. Just look at players or pictures of players in the 70s compared to today. They are far more muscular and stronger today. You have to be strong to go in the lane. You have to be very physical in today’s game. That’s the entire reason Tennessee beat Duke last year. They dominated physical in terms of defensively bodying Duke’s players and wearing them down. And driving through them on offense.

Reactions: JimboSlice00
You have no clue, youngster. LOL. I’ve been watching basketball and all sports since the late 60s. I watched Lew Alcindor against Elvin Hayes in 1968. You?

The game was far more finesse in the 70s. While major fouls are treated differently and hand checking is less prominent today, it was far less physical in a general sense than today. Just look at players or pictures of players in the 70s compared to today. They are far more muscular and stronger today. You have to be strong to go in the lane. You have to be very physical in today’s game. That’s the entire reason Tennessee beat Duke last year. They dominated physical in terms of defensively bodying Duke’s players and wearing them down. And driving through them on offense.
I do wish we placed more of an emphasis on strength within our development of players but
also in our recruiting.

The 2021-2022 team is what I envision a Duke team today should look like.

Moore
Keels
Banchero
Mark Williams
Theo John
AJ Griffin

Were men

I remember when we beat Kentucky that year and i was on their board. They said Duke looked like grown men compared to their recruits. That they just looked different.

I think about others too like

Sheldon
Deng
Justice Winslow
Boozer
Jay Williams
Mason Plumlee

Reactions: youngman42
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT