ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs lville

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
📍 yum center
⏰ 7pm
📺 ACCN

Bounce back or epic embarrassment? That’s what today holds. We enter lville as a 14.5 favorite where we face a 6 win team with the best win of the year somehow coming against Miami. Not much will be able to save Kenny Paynes job but a win against Duke can’t hurt

I have no idea what to expect, all I know is us spoiled fans better be just fine with whatever the outcome is! ;)

Duke-83
Lville- 70

Duke wins but don’t pull away until the second half .
I think we see them play Flip tight with double teams .
Hope to see one of Young, Power or Stewart start instead of the four guard line up .

I think we win. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 15-20 point win. I really don't want to think about the alternative. Our 2 injured starters are "gametime decisions" last I heard, which does not inspire great confidence. Hopefully they are good to go, but with only one practice in 10 days how effective will they be? Win and get those two limited minutes would be a great day.

We need to find a way to win without Roach and Mitchell, I don't think either plays tonight. If we shoot well from 3, i think it's a comfortable win. If we struggle from 3, it's gonna be a grind. I am hoping McCain can heat up for us tonight. Let's just find a way to get the W and hope we are healthy and full strength by the weekend.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I love the substitutions. These rotations make sense. Stewart for Mitchell etc. Roles seem defined.

Sorry I’m late, got home late from work. Just don’t want to be labeled a poster who shows up when we “ suck”

Looks good so far, got nervous when they made that little run but I hope we blitz them because this team needs a confidence boost

Reactions: pisgah101
Feel like Roach is just not going to be 100% at any point so he just has to play through the pain. His right knee and right ankle are far from 100%

Feel like Roach is just not going to be 100% at any point so he just has to play through the pain. His right knee and right ankle are far from 100%
Unfortunately, I think you're probably right, Jimbo. So we need an 80-90% Roach if we can't have a fully healthy Roach. Also, Flip just continues to take a flipping beating with nothing being called.

Reactions: JimboSlice00
I really want to know if this team is built around one player ? Mitchell is playing and we still look lost and someone tell Flip to please stop !

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
it’s safe to say this teams problems go beyond talent. The guys are flustered. This three game stretch of GT PITT and Louisville should’ve been easy. But They’ve been dog fights. Usually you after a tough grind out win the guys get closer and get better mentally. But this team isn’t. It’s affecting them more and more. The leadership on the bench needs to be better.

We needed those two scoring plays. Hopefully that snaps them out of it. Great time out Jon

Fouls killing us. But good to see Mitchel back and to see Proctor playing well.

We need to keep Mitchell for next year. And please, coach, get these guys in the weight room! Do they even lift weights or have a basketball weight room? Or do they just do light band work? (Facetious). Man. We need to get some physicality in these guys. Gain some muscle weight. That, but they have a physical training staff that doesn’t believe in building these guys up to get them strong and physical.

(I know they do some work, but it does feel like they don’t really emphasize getting them physically bigger and stronger This isn’t the 1980s or 70s anymore. It’s a physical game)

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT