ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS WAKE FOREST OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

What a horrid shot selection by Childress. Was he unaware they were down 1 point?

Teams in the upcoming Tournaments won't make such mental mistakes.

Just happy and grateful we won. Don't really know what else to say. childress was big but he's a prick. OFC

Reactions: CRAZIE4LIFE
totally perplexing how we cannot beat a Wake team that is so bad by more than 1pt? Yet our talent is top NBA draft quality? This team is an enigma....and the signs are worrying without Zion

I don’t think Wakes last shot would have counted even if it went in. Check the replay, it’s close but it was in his hand.

We better get our stuff together even if Zion comes back or we won’t make it out of the 1st weekend if the tournament.

Worst coaching from K this year. That was just pathetic coaching and subbing. It’s a defensive possession and we have no bigs on the floor on and underneath out of bounds play. I’m still trying to figure out why Javin played so much and no Marques. That was pathetic performance by Coach K.

RJ has to do something about these free throws. It’s pretty terrible.

Any word on Bolden? The announcers were completely oblivious that he went to the locker room and never returned to the game besides the bench.

Worst coaching from K this year. That was just pathetic coaching and subbing. It’s a defensive possession and we have no bigs on the floor on and underneath out of bounds play. I’m still trying to figure out why Javin played so much and no Marques. That was pathetic performance by Coach K.

Bolden went back to the locker room with an injury, I think that’s why. For all the talent we have we are getting beat and scares from a bunch of 3 star kids who want to beat us. Have to be better as players and coaches

No blame for players? Lack of effort in first half all on players imo

Reactions: Hurley22
Half court Offense looks like something you would see In an all star game. How about run plays to get it to bolden. In stead of running glorified street game.

Defense is back to bad.

I really hope it gets better

Well boys, only positive I can take from that is that last year a ball rolling on the rim like that cost us a trip to the final four, let’s hope this one leads to the opposite. We aren’t gonna dominate many games without Zion, and without Tre and Cam for major stretches. As we have seen many many many times, when you let the other team believe they are about to do something special they start playing out of their minds. Thank god for RJ.

According to Steve Wiseman, Bolden was in the locker room for most of second half. Not sure if hurt or sick?

It starts with effort. When you play hard every game this stuff doesn’t happen. We can nit pick all the stuff down the stretch but when you fail to bring it in half 1, weird stuff has a way of happening in half 2.

Bolden went back to the locker room with an injury, I think that’s why. For all the talent we have we are getting beat and scares from a bunch of 3 star kids who want to beat us. Have to be better as players and coaches

Coaching was terrible this game. I’m trying to figure out why he thought it was a good idea to not play any big men on a defensive possession.

We came out expecting them to roll over and they didn't. Why? Because tonight was their championship. This game should've been over no later than 10 minutes in. Please God Zion come back.

We won, it was ugly. We have played kind of poorly for awhile now. We need Zion back, this team is really different with him on both ends of the court.

Zion back is really all that matters this team won’t and can’t do anything without him. With him we can win it all.

Amazing How quick things change in a month. Few weeks ago there was no way in hell Cheat fans wanted to play Duke 3 times this year. Now they are chomping at the bit to get Duke One more time after Sat

I need to reword what I said. Of course I’m happy we won, but I’m equally as pissed that it came down to them missing a shot.

Sorry everyone, but a W is a W is a W. There is no ugly found anywhere in the spelling of win.
It took a pissed off Coach and a bunch of young kids with a lot of heart to come back when they were down 10. Wake was feeling it and knew it was their game.
Sorry to disappoint anyone that thought Duke should have lost that game, but the record is 26-4.
Go Duke!
OFC

No blame for players? Lack of effort in first half all on players imo

Yea they didn’t play well either but there were plenty of coaching decisions that was just terrible. The sub patterns were like he was just lost. We should never have Jack White as our biggest player on the floor. Just like we should never have Javin and Marques on the floor at the same time

Tre had 3 assists....he is our primary PG....thats way too low. He didnt exactly lock down Childress either. This game was a very even match and that is very worrying. How is Reddish a top NBA pick? He isnt a great shooter or driver of the ball...3 charges is just mind boggling. We are not getting stronger - the Miami game is the outlier not the norm

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT