ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS WAKE FOREST OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Wake played out of their minds and we still beat them. Now we just need Zion back.

So many things done poorly tonight. Too many too count.

But a win is a win. We will be up for UNC.
It’s been so weird this season that Duke plays much better when they aren’t playing in Cameron. They played excellent against Miami though!

At least I don’t have to jump off a bridge, now!

In obvious comments of the century, i think a Zion return would do wonders for this team. For all the physical and psychological reasons. We just need a shot in the arm to get back going.

We won but let’s just hope this was just that usual trap game effort. Cam is the king of charges. He need to work on pull ups or floaters all week. He just run right into people. Lord please bring us Zion back next game

Yea they didn’t play well either but there were plenty of coaching decisions that was just terrible. The sub patterns were like he was just lost. We should never have Jack White as our biggest player on the floor. Just like we should never have Javin and Marques on the floor at the same time

Maybe he reads this board and saw where people were going crazy about Jack making a few 3s recently...Jack is a role player imo that still shoots more than he should...and that bonehead play at the end I have no words how dumb that was

I have a lot worse things going on, then winning a game ugly, so I’m happy it didn’t add to the crap snowball!

Maybe he reads this board and saw where people were going crazy about Jack making a few 3s recently...Jack is a role player imo that still shoots more than he should...and that bonehead play at the end I have no words how dumb that was

Everybody looked bad today. It was just bad all around. Wale deserved to win but we got it. Glad we don’t have to ever play at home again with this team

Worst coaching from K this year. That was just pathetic coaching and subbing. It’s a defensive possession and we have no bigs on the floor on and underneath out of bounds play. I’m still trying to figure out why Javin played so much and no Marques. That was pathetic performance by Coach K.

RJ has to do something about these free throws. It’s pretty terrible.
I wish you were wrong but it was pretty poor, I wish Coach K or someone could teach them to shoot 3 pointers and free throws but its too late in the season for this team to improve on those two stats. I also dont understand why K doesn't change his coaching philosophy shooting 3's when we shoot them so pathetically poor. We were lucky as hell tonight to get a win.

What a game. Ugly from Duke standards, but there’s only two columns that matter. W and L, and Duke got the W. Time for the team to prep for UNCheat.

Half court Offense looks like something you would see In an all star game. How about run plays to get it to bolden. In stead of running glorified street game.

Defense is back to bad.

I really hope it gets better
I agree about the offense. We need to get more players involved in a possession besides Cam and RJ looking for each other. AOC needs to get touches because he feeds the post when the floor is spread.

Hope everyone is going to be healthy as can be down the stretch. The Tre scare.. shew. Hopefully that ball not going in is just an omen of good things to come!

Either way, Baker must have decided he was only going to be here for three more years regardless.
Dont you mean two more years? Ive seen Baker play in person and I'm not sure he is talented enough to leave early.

After that you have to wonder if they will be ready...
I have faith that K will have them ready. I don’t think tonight’s game is indicative of potential. Teams have bad nights. Maybe Zion comes back. We don’t know, but I’m not going to let one bad game define what they’re capable of. They’re obviously not as good without Zion, but they can still beat UNCheat without him.

Sorry everyone, but a W is a W is a W. There is no ugly found anywhere in the spelling of win.
It took a pissed off Coach and a bunch of young kids with a lot of heart to come back when they were down 10. Wake was feeling it and knew it was their game.
Sorry to disappoint anyone that thought Duke should have lost that game, but the record is 26-4.
Go Duke!
OFC
You dang right

Reactions: CRAZIE4LIFE
Dang guys, the past few years the team caved in games like this and lost, this team played like crap but still fought to win...a WIN. On to next game, we know that each game is different and half yall are already throwing in the towel.
It's was a truly terrible performance against a team that has no business being in it. That said Zion will be back soon and for as bad as we played, we still survived and won, not time to throw in the towel, just gotta hope the boys pull their heads out of their ass next game. Cam especially, we need his scoring.

Wake played awful tonight Duke was just fortunate to get the win.

Less than 40% shooting, less than 60% FT line and 30% from 3..AND they lost by 1.....says it all about our game.

Hope K finds a way to make this motivational
In other news UnCheat is up by 23 over BC....hitting their stride

Pardon my German but Damn!!! We won!!! The ACC is, was, and always will be a tough conference to play in. Anyone can be beaten on any given night. It’s who wants it more. They have to come to the realization that Zion might not return.

Reactions: skysdad
I wish you were wrong but it was pretty poor, I wish Coach K or someone could teach them to shoot 3 pointers and free throws but its too late in the season for this team to improve on those two stats. I also dont understand why K doesn't change his coaching philosophy shooting 3's when we shoot them so pathetically poor. We were lucky as hell tonight to get a win.

We didn’t shoot that many 3s tonight which is good. The problem is the offense still has no identity. You can just spread the floor and give it to RJ because we don’t have shooters like that. That’s not going to cut it. We missed a lot of open shots and free throws. It was just bad all around.

Last game jitters, UNC coming up, missed free throws, RJ uncharacteristically had a ton of turnovers, lost Bolden, Cam sucked all game, Tre had a scare, and we still won. Maybe Wake deserved it, but we didnt fold. Id rather get the crap game out tonight and learn from it.

Reactions: Dad2ze
Pardon my German but Damn!!! We won!!! The ACC is, was, and always will be a tough conference to play in. Anyone can be beaten on any given night. It’s who wants it more. They have to come to the realization that Zion might not return.

Only positive that could be taken out of this game is no more games in Cameron. This team just does not play/shoot well there at all.

Last game jitters, UNC coming up, missed free throws, RJ uncharacteristically had a ton of turnovers, lost Bolden, Cam sucked all game, Tre had a scare, and we still won. Maybe Wake deserved it, but we didnt fold. Id rather get the crap game out tonight and learn from it.
So you’re saying if Zion played we woulda won by 40? :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT