ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SYRACUSE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Technically he has been here posting on an ACC scorers thread.

Syracuse won. They do deserve that credit and winning the game is a bigger win for them than it is a loss for Duke. But @Hammertime57, don’t fault Duke fans for feeling that losing Tre is a bigger loss than losing the game. Because it is.

Thank you dukehokie,

I am not trolling. I do not visit the Syracuse boards - too many stupid posters. I asked a legitimate question in the vein of sportsmanship.

I used to really hate Duke - just like most of the country. Since we joined the conference, I actually like the basketball team and follow them closer than everyone but SU and Boston College.

Losing Jones is big. Just like ND losing Bonzie last year. I hope that you can beat UVA.

I am really surprised at the Chicken Little mentality of some of the posters here. Duke will be fine and probably beat us in the Dome later in the year.

Thank you dukehokie,

I am not trolling. I do not visit the Syracuse boards - too many stupid posters. I asked a legitimate question in the vein of sportsmanship.

I used to really hate Duke - just like most of the country. Since we joined the conference, I actually like the basketball team and follow them closer than everyone but SU and Boston College.

Losing Jones is big. Just like ND losing Bonzie last year. I hope that you can beat UVA.

I am really surprised at the Chicken Little mentality of some of the posters here. Duke will be fine and probably beat us in the Dome later in the year.
How’s being national champs for 15 minutes feel? Remember if it lasts longer than 4 hours contact your physician

Thank you dukehokie,

Dude....please.

Thank you dukehokie,

The comment served no purpose and was at an emotional time for the entire fanbase. Imagine being the clear cut favorite to win it all, coming off an emotional road win, seeing all the stars aligning together and having it potentially all ripped away from you over a freak accident. Then imagine a visitor showing up with a s*it grin on their face asking for credit. The entire comment was ill-timed and not well intended. We are not dramatizing the loss of Tre Jones, he means that much to this team. I can assure you that no one on here cares at all about the game last night given the circumstances.

If I were a Cuse fan I would be more concerned with the the fact that they could play as well as they did yesterday, but have looked really awful the other 16 games. Not every game will be against the #1 team in the country, you have to find a way to bring something the rest of the time as well. Wasn't this a team that returned all five starters?

Reactions: hart2chesson
I’m not trying to say that this is the reason that we lost because there were several factors in why we lost but one thing that has been sticking out in my mind since last night is that miracle 3 that Syracuse made to end the first half. We were up 49-45, if they don’t make that miracle 3 then we go into halftime up by 4 instead of being up only 1. They outscored 37-36 in the second half. It could be argued that if they don’t make that 3 pointer to end the half and the second half plays out the same way then we win by 3 in regulation. Another thing I noticed while looking at stats from last night’s game and stats from the last 2-3 games. While Cam seemed to come out of his funk in the FSU game, we won’t lnow until his next game if he’s completely out of his funk since he was unable to play last night due to being sick, which I believe that he has come out of his funk because you could see the confidence in his play, especially after he made the game winning 3 but looking at stats from last night and the previous 2 games, it seems like Jack White has been in his own funk over the last 3 games because he’s shooting just 1-17 overall and 1-16 from 3 over the last 3 games and several of his other stats are also down. He’s had 0 steals in the last 3 games, he’d had at least 1 steal in each of the previous 5 games before that. He’s had 0 blocks in the last 2 games, he’d had at least 2 blocks in each of the previous 5 games. For the record, I’m not criticizing Jack, it’s just an observation of what I’ve noticed over the last 3 games. Another thing that I noticed last night was that if seemed like there were several plays where Jack and Alex were both near the top of the 3 point line and they just kept passing the ball back and forth to each other. It seemed like there were at least 3-4 possessions where they passed the ball back and forth to each other 3-4 times in a row.

Last edited:
Reactions: skysdad
I’m not trying to say that this is the reason that we lost because there were several factors in why we lost but one thing that has been sticking out in my mind since last night is that miracle 3 that Syracuse made to end the first half. We were up 49-45, if they don’t make that miracle 3 then we go into halftime up by 4 instead of being up only 1. They outscored 37-36 in the second half. It could be argued that if they don’t make that 3 pointer to end the half and the second half plays out the same way then we win by 3 in regulation. Another thing I noticed while looking at stats from last night’s game and stats from the last 2-3 games. While Cam seemed to come out of his funk in the FSU game, we won’t lnow until his next game if he’s completely out of his funk since he was unable to play last night due to being sick, which I believe that he has come out of his funk because you could see the confidence in his play, especially after he made the game winning 3 but looking at stats from last night and the previous 2 games, it seems like Jack White has been in his own funk over the last 3 games because he’s shooting just 1-17 overall and 1-16 from 3 over the last 3 games and several of his other stats are also down. He’s had 0 steals in the last 3 games, he’d had at least 1 steal in each of the previous 5 games before that. He’s had 0 blocks in the last 2 games, he’d had at least 2 blocks in each of the previous 5 games. For the record, I’m not criticizing Jack, it’s just an observation of what I’ve noticed over the last 3 games.

Good observations about Jack. Sometimes good shooters or any shooters just start thinking too much rather than shoot immediately from a spot-up position...OFC

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
Good observations about Jack. Sometimes good shooters or any shooters just start thinking too much rather than shoot immediately from a spot-up position...OFC
Yeah I think that’s probably what it is, he seems to be thinking too much on some of his shots. I just remembered another observation from last night’s game that I forgot to add to my last post, so I’m gonig to go back and edit my post. I’d like to know what you and others think about it.

I guess that nobody is giving Syracuse any credit.17 pt dog in a hostile environment with their confidence shaken. They were down 12-0 and it looked like they were going to get run out the gym. Then they got their shit together. Even with Jones on the floor.

Injuries happen. That's part of the game. It's how you adjust with your personnel that counts. Sure, losing Tre had a huge impact on the game. Give SU some love for not packing up their tent and making a game out of it.

I will say from what I remember, your posts are typically respectful, but do you really think the majority here really gives a damn that we lost that game? I swear on my life, without looking, I don't even remember the final score. I remember that lucky 80' heave and Tre's collision.....and for me personally, I have nothing against Cuse, but helping you celebrate your win is the last thing on my mind

Reactions: skysdad
I will say from what I remember, your posts are typically respectful, but do you really think the majority here really gives a damn that we lost that game? I swear on my life, without looking, I don't even remember the final score. I remember that lucky 80' heave and Tre's collision.....and for me personally, I have nothing against Cuse, but helping you celebrate your win is the last thing on my mind

Well said. OFC

I just saw an article posted on Facebook talking about what effect the loss to Syracuse had on our seed in the NCAAT and in the article it said that Joe Lunardi still has us as a 1 seed but now he has us as tfw 1 seed in the West. So it got me to wondering, if we beat Virginia on Saturday would that win be enough to keep us at #1 when the new AP Poll comes out next Monday with Virginia being ranked #4 right now?

I just saw an article posted on Facebook talking about what effect the loss to Syracuse had on our seed in the NCAAT and in the article it said that Joe Lunardi still has us as a 1 seed but now he has us as tfw 1 seed in the West. So it got me to wondering, if we beat Virginia on Saturday would that win be enough to keep us at #1 when the new AP Poll comes out next Monday with Virginia being ranked #4 right now?
If I had to guess, a win at Virginia would still drop us to #3 behind Michigan and Tennessee (assuming they don’t lose). Unless Tre happens to play on Saturday I don’t see anyone putting us at #1 especiallly with a possibly undefeated team below us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT