ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SYRACUSE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
What a season-defining win Saturday! Winning a game, on the road, against an outstanding, rankied ACC opponent (that always gives us a battle), without Zion in the second half and with Cam playing lights out and throwing in the dagger - HUGE.

Let's hope today isn't any kind of a let down - emotionally or physically. Coach Boeheim and his 2-3 matchup zone can be difficult to prepare for and difficult to attack if you haven't had experience with it before. We all know that guy can coach and will get the most out of his athletes.

Still, the way we're playing right now, I don't think anyone can come into Cameron and get us. We're a 17 point favorite at this point in the day, and I will say, I think that's alot...Ultimately, we get a hard-fought win.

Tonight's tip is slated for 7pm est and will air on ESPN HD.

Duke 84

Syracuse 71

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with @dukiejay . 17 is a lot against a slow paced zone team. I’m interested to see if A.) Cam can continue his play from the second half of Wake through FSU, B.) RJ and Zion can slice trough that zone C.) Duke can stay healthy.

Should be a fun matchup. And first game with the students back.

Duke - 78
Syracuse - 65

Reactions: DUKEFEDFAN
Duke wins. By how much? Too many variables in play to even offer an educated guess. Is Zion fully healthy? Do we have an emotional let down? Can we turn them over enough to get out in transition and not get stuck in that zone?

For S&G’s Duke by 15.

I'd feel much better making this pick with confirmation that Zion is playing tonight.
Duke 73
Syracuse 59

I'm real interested in seeing who K sticks at the foul line against the zone. Both Zion and RJ should be able to make plays from that spot.

Not knowing the status of Zion, playing against the Cuse zone, and short preparation time, seems like a pretty big spread. Hopefully we can speed them up a little, get some transition buckets, and continue playing great "D".
I think that is what will happen, and Duke will pull away late.
Go Duke!
OFC

I don't think there is any way they cover that 17, that is far too high. With the emotional high that was the win Saturday, I think this is one where the team starts a little slow, and it will be close into the second half.

Duke - 74
Cuse - 62

If Zion plays, stick him at the free throw line and let him either A) spin and attack the basket quickly or B) pass back out as he attacks. Should be a good way to kill that zone.

Reactions: Quavarius
It’s 17 because this team should cover. Vegas has always given Duke the hardest lines. Probably would have covered Saturday had Zion played the entire game.
Duke 81-62

After letting the Yellow Jackets kick their asses in the Carrier Dome, Boeheim will have them ready. Add in that we're coming off an emotionally charged high from the FSU game, and well it could get interesting. That said, we're at Cameron and should take care of business.

Duke 77
Syracuse 67

OFC

I am glad their was a quick turnaround, regardless of the result on Saturday. Either way, K would have the boys ready to flush what happened Saturday because of the quick turnaround.

Look what happened after the Miracle Minute against Maryland in 2001. Win on Saturday against the Twerps, a loss on Thursday against UNC.

I am just glad we can get a leg up for the tournament with this quick turnaround, since it will be a hindrance we did not play a TRUE road game until the new year (should have scheduled Elon and Wofford on the road, and yes, I will be that guy).

I think that foul line position is key against the zone. I too would love to see Zion and RJ both spend some time there tonight, spin and attack and kick.

Sluggish game, some letdown after Saturday.

Duke 72
Orange 58

Syracuse was supposed to be one of the better teams in the ACC this year, but so far they haven’t shown it. Duke will get tested against the zone early on, but ultimately they will be fine and win by a healthy margin.

Duke: 74
Cuse: 57

Let’s go Duke!!!

I put my money on Duke covering a 16.5 point spread. But I was going to bet on a cover no matter what the spread came out as. The FSU game just seems like its going to be a launching point for Cam, and let me tell you, when Cam (or anyone) is hitting momentum shifting threes in Cameron, those tend to be the games that get away from the other team. I think this game will follow the familiar script of staying close to halftime (hopefully a nice spurt to close the half), and then comfortably pulling away throughout the 2nd.

Zion's legs will be fresh and we are going to hit shots.
85-65

Duke 87
Syracuse 70

I hope I get to add to Zion’s, Cam’s and RJ’z totals in the 20 point game tracker thread.

Reactions: skysdad
I posted something similar to our face book Duke legacy page. I feel Coach K will have the team focused and ready for this game ad not looking ahead. It has to be one game at a time. Every game we play this year should be like we are playing the last game of the season. All the way until we win the last game of the season. Our 6th natty. OFC

Might have a little hangover from the Cam/RJ show on Saturday. Talent ends up winning though.

Duke 81
Cuse 74

Haven’t heard a recent update on Zion’s eye. We will need him vs that zone. We win, don’t cover.

Attending tonight’s game as well. 7 cant come soon enough!

Hope we stay patient on O, and Defend the lob a hell of a lot better!!

Reactions: Showenuff
If the 3 point shots are falling, we will spread that zone and Zion & RJ will have a field day inside. DUKE by double didgits!!
OFC

I'm excited to see this team against a zone defense. I think itll be a slower than we are used to seeing this offense play.
Duke 74
Cuse 62

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT