ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SYRACUSE NCAA TOURNAMENT SWEET 16 OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Maybe they were saving some long range makes for Sunday. I'm okay with that.

It is nice to know we are the late game Sunday. I can sit back and watch tomorrow and early Sunday knowing we still get to play.
I think you will see a much better Duval on Sunday. It will be a fast paced game and I think that plays into Duvals hands

There is no way Duke shoots 5-26 from 3 again. That’s the only game that’s Duke can play young from here on out and win, or their going home.

Tell me how our senior missed those free throws though... terrible game. I don’t mind him taking open 3s but anything extended from the arc was stupid
He played a good game against that zone. Missed some shots but was good tonight. More to basketball than shooting

Allen shot 38.3% from the field this year. Which is okay, not bad, certainly not close to his sophomore 41.7%. But this year includes the first 3 games in which he went 17/26. Take those away alone and he's at 35%.

Tell me how our senior missed those free throws though... terrible game. I don’t mind him taking open 3s but anything extended from the arc was stupid
His floor game as K said was incredible. He was the only one who consistently made the passes into the zone. Grayson had a rough shooting night as he said so himself but was able to effect the game in other ways, such as the 8 assists and 2 steals.

Reactions: christophero
Don’t have to shoot WELL to win IMO because of our much better defense but good lord we can’t go out there and shoot it like tonight. That was as bad as I can remember. Was just a few more makes from winning comfortably IMO.

Yep. That was bad. Not so bad we didn’t win. But, if we play like that against Kansas... in Phog-Lite? We’re done. It only gets harder from here on out.

Reactions: christophero
His floor game as K said was incredible. He was the only one who consistently made the passes into the zone. Grayson had a rough shooting night as he said so himself but was able to effect the game in other ways, such as the 8 assists and 2 steals.
I agree he was moving the ball and that pass in to the lane is not as easy as it looks on tv

He played a good game against that zone. Missed some shots but was good tonight. More to basketball than shooting

A lot of those 3s were unnecessary and in bad moments. Sorry but chucking multiple 27-30 footers in a tight game is inexcusable from a senior. Yes he played great in other areas, but I’m going to hold him towards a higher standard as a senior. I expect smarter shots... not wild 3s in a win or go home situation

If we hit just a few more threes it's a double digit win. I think we shoot better Sunday. We will need to. And Duval will bounce back. And good to know we have AOC if we need him.

I am happy

But looking ahead to Sunday weary.

JJ Redick Freshman year
KN8drmD.png

Grayson did a lot of things to help us get this win. As frustrating as those 3's were, we all know he has games that those fall every single time.

I have to think Grayson won't shoot that bad two games in a row. I still don't feel super confident about Sunday but I'm just glad we won!

Villanova worries 1000x more than KU right now. Stylistically, they present our Achilles heel (drive and kick; dribble drive). Kansas plays a style we can defend and score against.

Reactions: tripleb71
Tell me why so I won’t be scared either

Our D and we won't shoot that bad again. Also KU is real weak inside outside of a hobbled Azabukie(sp?) and he won't be able to handle our bigs. And it's bill self. Nice season in a weak conference

Reactions: Duke1783
Highlight: our approach was smash you in the face and beat you at your own game

Star: Grayson but Syracuse also baited him late into low percentage 3's late. I was impressed after the timeout he drove inside the arc and drained a jump set shot

Concern?: We have not developed our bench much beyond Bolden. DeLaurier seems to have lost all confidence in his shot. O'Connell is also lacking confidence.

As Duval has evolved and even impressed. It has decreased our need for the bench.

Reason I chose Allen: Grayson + Duval were 5 of 22 shooting but combined for 12 of our teams 13 assists.

Last edited:
It'll be a hard close game either way. I haven't seen KU play much this year, but they are a 1 seed for a reason. We gotta shoot better and hope Grayson is better than 3 of 14, and we rebound better.

Kansas scares me in they have the pieces a lot like the UNC teams we played and struggled with this year...four guards and will shoot the three extremely well...we will have to dominate the inside game in this one...

Not necessarily sure why you think we won’t be favored unless they give the home town advantage to KU. We have better odds to win it all than KU according to Vegas and our kenpom numbers are certainly better.
You are right, the line opens with Duke favored by 3.5. I’m just hoping our shooting returns to form obviously.

With his strugglesnon offense, I thought Duval did very well on the defensive end. His ball handlimgnhelped a lot in the press too.

Also thought Grayson was running that zone like a boss.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT