ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SYRACUSE NCAA TOURNAMENT SWEET 16 OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I have to think Grayson won't shoot that bad two games in a row. I still don't feel super confident about Sunday but I'm just glad we won!

Don’t have to shoot WELL to win IMO because of our much better defense but good lord we can’t go out there and shoot it like tonight. That was as bad as I can remember. Was just a few more makes from winning comfortably IMO.

What a monster game ahead!!!!!

We played well tonight, although far from perfect, I still thought we controlled. Gonna have to hit shots to win Sunday

We won’t be favored Sunday. Devonte Graham will be a handful. Let’s see some coach K magic. I’d love to see some defensive diversity.

I’m real interested to see the line. Vegas likes Duke. I would not be surprised if are 1-2 pt favorites. We would have been more than a 5 pt fav vs Clemson.

One game won’t change the overall opinion of our team by handicappers. At least I think it won’t.

I have to think Grayson won't shoot that bad two games in a row. I still don't feel super confident about Sunday but I'm just glad we won!
He and Trent were pushed too far out by the zone

15 against Utah was ugly as hell too. They won which is all that matters. On to Sunday.

So was '10 against Purdue and '01 against UCLA and '94 against Marquette (does not look pretty, but I was eight at the time). Sweet 16 seems to not be pretty for Duke

I think I'll record the game on Sunday...don't think my heart or stomach can take it!

I really think we needed a game like this to help them grow...even if it took a year off my life.

I think it was Arkansas that had uNC on the ropes last year in the tourney.

Great plays by Trent. Big, big shots! Esp. those runners. Bagley was Bagley! We really played well on the court (except for perhaps Duval who seems to just not be mentally sharp much at all this year). I thought Bolden and O'Connell gave us really good minutes in the 1st half (which he had let those two in the game in the 2nd half). Give O'Connell 14, mostly open, 3s and I bet he hits 5 at least. Good grief.

19% from 3 - mostly wide open 3s.

Hit 2-3 more 3s to get us to 30-33% and the game really isn't that close. At one point Duke should have been up by 16-18 pts.

I’d love to see some defensive diversity.

I was thinking the opposite, haha. We've finally settled in on a strong defense, I wouldn't mess with it now unless it becomes a matter of going to the 3-2 or 1-3-1.

I’m not sure if we could play any worse on offense and won this game. Great effort on defense and Trent scoring the last 4 points in the game was huge. We will have to play much better Sunday to punch our ticket for San Antonio. Hopefully this game got all the nerves and jitters out of the way.

Reactions: BlueDaveil
I love Coach K!!!

Reporter from the N&O: Did you feel like Grayson guarded that last shot with a 4 pt lead a little vigorously??

K: I think he did great!!

Do these numbnuts think that the coach is gonna talk trash about the team after a win???

I like the passion, but he is right. Refs do like to call stupid fouls on contested threes. Having said that, it is better when you are guarding like that and not jutting out, because they love to call those.

I had nightmares of Cuse hitting a game winning banked 3 like last year. Boeheim is a genius to keep it that close. Hat's off to him.

Am I the only one who hates fouling up three? Or wait until at least a few ticks and not seven. I hate any situation that brings losing into the equation...

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
And, can I just say, none of these pundits (Barkley, Smith, or Bilas) watch the game. Bilas gets a lot of it but argues that Duke didn't score b/c the zone defenses results in fewer possessions.

Nope.

Duke scored only 69 because Grayson Allen went 3-14 from 3 and I don't think a single one of those 3s could be called a "bad" choice! They were nearly all wide open. And the rest of the team went 2-12!

That will kill us if we don't shoot better.

I can live with stall ball. I even like it most of the time, but giving away points when you have a lead just seems like a poor decision to me.

We won’t be favored Sunday. Devonte Graham will be a handful. Let’s see some coach K magic. I’d love to see some defensive diversity.
Not necessarily sure why you think we won’t be favored unless they give the home town advantage to KU. We have better odds to win it all than KU according to Vegas and our kenpom numbers are certainly better.

I've been fighting a cold for the last few days, so watching this game was about as enjoyable as blowing my nose has been. We won an ugly game. Sometimes you have them.
Now we tangle with another heavyweight. Duke and Kansas game should be very intense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT