ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SYRACUSE NCAA TOURNAMENT SWEET 16 OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Is it crazy that I'm believing the hype? I know we've had our rough patches, but this team is playing its best basketball right now and I'm not sure if we can be stopped when we're hitting shots. Because to me, that's really the only thing that will kick us out - especially because of our re-surging defense. And so far, so could.

Interesting matchup in the Sweet 16. A team we know well, a team we've beaten and a team Vegas has us picked at -11. That seems huge against conference rivals.

Than you add in the Boeheim factor, its 2-3 matchup zone and a discipline, driven group of tough basketball players that can just absolutely suffocate a team when it wants.

We come in as an -11 favorite and that, I think, will be a tall task to complete.I think we win by 6-7. The road to the national championship continues on - And I truly believe we're the best team remaining in the tournament!!!

Tonight's game is slated for a 9:37est and will air on CBS.

Duke 67

Syracuse 60

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like us in this one. :)

Last edited:
Duke - 66
Cuse - 58

Have a feeling this is a back and forth game early before duke starts to pull away late

Based on what I have seen I don't see the Orangemen getting out of the 50's, and I just don't see us not getting into the 70's. Yes I think SU is going to muck up the game and make it a scrappy dog fight. But I like our dogs better than theirs. Bagley and Carter should have their way, especially if they can share the ball well. If we shoot 30%+ from 3 we will by 18. If our 3's aren't falling at all I still like us by 8.

Duke 76
'Cuse 58

Boeheim and Syracuse are very tough in these types of games. 'Cuse is 7-1 in sweet 16 games when they are a low seed.

I think it will be a nail biter and if the guards are not hitting 3s, we're in trouble with that zone packing in.

'Cuse is long as well. I suppose if I weren't a Duke fan, I'd pick the orange in an upset. But...

Duke 62-Cuse 59

I think this might be a boring sloppy game like when Duke met Cuse in the regular season, but Duke still produces enough offense against Cuse’s zone to win

Duke: 65
Cuse: 53

Let’s go Duke!!!

Duke 76
Syracuse 55

Their offense sucks. The dunk fest will continue in Omaha. We will actually make 3s too

Syracuse is locked in on defense, and we're going to have to play some really good defense ourselves. We only scored 60 on them at Cameron, but we throttled their offense and held them to 44. Need to play with intensity, and smarts. I hope we're able to get some offense going early and put this one away.

Duke 64
Syracuse 60

OFC

1 point win is all i need, survive and advance baby ! GO DUKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was feeling pretty respectful of Syracuse until I read a Duke preview on a Syracuse site. And then I ...read the comments. Spiteful, mean, we pay our players, gloating over Tucker leaving, etc. So once again I say sweep the leg. Show no mercy. Send these guys back to their gloomy snowy wasteland.

If we can get past Kansas and nova there’s no way the other side can touch us. 80-65 duke tonight

Reactions: Mpm277
If there hadn't been so many crazy upsets this year, I would feel a lot more confident. I still think we take though.

Duke 64
Syracuse 56

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT