ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SYRACUSE NCAA TOURNAMENT SWEET 16 OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

It is pretty cool. I know one of the guys on the stats for this game. Wonder if he knows what a blown assist is?

Michigan looked like world beaters last night. A hot team for sure.
Michigan strikes me as a problem, we are obviously better than them, but they have the potential for an ELITE zone offense, a lot like UNC.
Michigan is a great passing team, and they can put 5 guys on the floor who can shoot. Those are the 2 best ingredients to beat a zone.

Honestly, Michigan scares me more than Nova. A bunch of small guards shooting 3's against our zone don't scare me.

I Just seen that Michigan actually has the best odds to win it all. I think based on which betting site you look at, that changes. Some have us, some have Nova. What I seen saying Michigan was on sportscenter. Wonder why Michigan would be favored over Duke or Nova? Maybe because us and Nova would have to beat each other, AND beat Michigan, but Michigan would only have to beat one of us??

Reactions: christophero
Duke's biggest enemy will be complacency once we are up 10. I think we'll ease of the throttle several times, but ultimately put them away and cover the spread by a few points.

Bagley is playing for the #1 pick tonight. Wendell is playing to be in the top 5 picks. Tre, Grayson and Gary are fighting to secure 1st round picks. Our subs have NBA bodies and want the attention of the nation. Player motivation will be very high. Hopefully they don't forget to play for one another as a means to distinguish themselves.

I Just seen that Michigan actually has the best odds to win it all. I think based on which betting site you look at, that changes. Some have us, some have Nova. What I seen saying Michigan was on sportscenter. Wonder why Michigan would be favored over Duke or Nova? Maybe because us and Nova would have to beat each other, AND beat Michigan, but Michigan would only have to beat one of us??
If those are live odds, then it's because we have 4 games left and Michigan only has 3.

Duke's biggest enemy will be complacency once we are up 10. I think we'll ease of the throttle several times, but ultimately put them away and cover the spread by a few points.

Bagley is playing for the #1 pick tonight. Wendell is playing to be in the top 5 picks. Tre, Grayson and Gary are fighting to secure 1st round picks. Our subs have NBA bodies and want the attention of the nation. Player motivation will be very high. Hopefully they don't forget to play for one another as a means to distinguish themselves.
Nice............Very Nice

Reactions: christophero
Tonight we find out how much this team has matured and how together they are. Good chance someone will be hitting 3's, since both were so bad the last game. Remember, we hit our first one around the 7:27 mark of the 2nd half. I don't think we see that happen tonight. Also, which bigs will play the best and avoid foul trouble. I think our bigs win the battle inside, and I also think that Grayson, Gary, and Trevon must put points on the board. I think we take care of the ball, the guards come up big, and Duke survives and advances.
Keep the faith, folks, we're 2-0 with 4 to go.
Go Duke!
OFC

Michigan is really dangerous, but I do believe either us or Nova is winning the title. I would go into a game against Michigan for all the marbles with some nerves though

If they beat Nova tonight, I also want no part of WVU. The refs have - for the most part - really been letting teams play and be physical in the tourney. WVU is a very physical team and we seem to struggle with really physical play.

If they beat Nova tonight, I also want no part of WVU. The refs have - for the most part - really been letting teams play and be physical in the tourney. WVU is a very physical team and we seem to struggle with really physical play.

Agreed.....we just have such a good opportunity in front of us. Like everyone else here, I WANT this one!!

Last weekend is over, we played great but it's a whole new tournament. We are much better than Syracuse, we probably win playing our C - game, but I want our A game.

Let's keep our foot on the gas-pedal 4 more games and we will be champs.

If I had to choose, I'd take WVU vs. Nova. Wouldn't be easy by any stretch, but WVU has huge lapses in shooting and our zone will force them to do that instead of Javon Carter getting easy buckets.

It would be a MUST we protect the ball against them.

I watched the whole SU/MSU game and still can't believe Cuse won. MSU had at least 10 wide open threes they missed, and so many more second chances. Unless we play our worst offensive game of the year, this should be a win. All 5 starters are locked and loaded. I would not want to be Cuse tonight.

Duke-74
SU-58

GAME DAY bar wear tonight

2hKLePd.jpg

Ofu5awb.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT