ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- Duke vs Pitt ACC Tourney

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
March madness is upon us and I for one am excited!! We’ve seen this team take many forms this year.. to high hopes in the beginning to low down terrible no good scary nit level to pretty darn good. We’ve swept the heels, up to a 5 seed in Joey Brackets latest bracketology and coming in hot hot to the ACC tournament, something I’ve always loved.

As a kid Duke owned the tourney and we still in much respects do.. this year is hopefully no different as we embark on another trip to the “coach k invitational” without coach k

First up for our devils… the panthers from Pittsburgh and the ACC coach of the year Jeff capel. Game time is set for 230 in Greensboro on ESPN with duke currently sitting as a 6point favorite. Duke won the first meeting back in January 77-69. Jeff has a good squad that was actually leading the conf about a week ago but things can shift quickly in the ACC. I see us playing a little tight at first as we tend to do with multiple days off and even possibly going behind by 8-10 points but we pick it up toward halftime and the second half we show up pushing our lead to double digits and move on to friday

Duke-77
Pitt-62

I think Duke wins. Just keep advancing and I believe that this team still has room for growth on the offensive side.

Duke ,but I can see Pitt coming out with momentum and being up on the first half .
Duke needs the bench in this one to help the starters stay fresh .

Okay, here we go!! I also expect us to come out a little tight but pull away in the second half. We are the best team in the ACC right now, and we SHOULD run the table, but there's some tough, experienced teams in our path, and it starts today! I think for us to have confidence going in the NCAA's we need two wins in the ACC tourney. Let's go Duke!

Duke 75
Pitt 66

I look for a really tough game today. Pitt was up on us at half in Cameron, and it's certainly not a game we cruised. I do believe Jeremy's toe kept him out that game, so having him should give us a boost.

Still, this is always a special game for Jeff Capel. Great guy that he is, he obviously wants to beat Jon in his first season. It's simply human nature, as Jeff sat next to K for years too.

OK, my bottom line is a tough back and forth game where Duke asserts itself with some separation late. I think Flip will be a tough matchup for Pitt, and Jeremy's leadership also will be the difference. Wouldn't it be nice if we got about 20-25+ points from our bench today in our opening game??

Duke 71, Pitt 62

OFC

I think Duke wins. Just keep advancing and I believe that this team still has room for growth on the offensive side.
Talk about massive potential for growth. Duke is the little acorn that becomes the oak.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I think we win as we have been playing well. But Pitt is a better first round game than we are used to due to our seeding, so we need to be ready.

Keep the turnovers and the scoring drought down.

Are you guys as surprised as me that we're already at tournament time?

Last edited:
Reactions: sheyduke
So I’m taking my family on a Disney cruise… but I hear they do have ESPN on the boat thank goodness lol but I won’t be able to post. Let’s go Duke!

Reactions: christophero
I am very superstitious and I was way off on my GT and BC winning yesterday. So I will play it safe and say Pitt.

2:30 EST? Damn the game will be over by the time I get home at 9pm EST. At least I can watch the replay. But only if we win haha. A Duke win and UNC loss will make my day.
Just do like me Chris. I’m going to watch it on my phone while at work lol.

Reactions: christophero
I think we should be able to hold Pitt in the 60s and we should be able to get in the 70s. Duke by 7. We cover the spread.

Duke 74
Steelers 67

Pitt was up by 12 in first meeting at halftime so Duke could start slowly again this time….although Roach missed that game.

Like many others, stuck at work and cannot watch. Score looks great. Flip hurt??? WTH??? Are you kidding me????

They’re moving the ball on offense, it’s really fun to watch.

The foul calls are technically even, but Pitt is getting away with a good bit more than Duke.

Flip man...kid has been an absolute gem for us all year.

Hope the ankle thing is super minor because we certainly need him next week

Yes, love working from home and for myself. Getting to watch Duke play in the ACCT while sun is up is awesome. The little things in life.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT