ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs Pitt II

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
📍 Cameron Indoor
📺 ACCN
⏰ 8PM

I’m starting this one early since we’ve experienced a terrible week break between games. What a ridiculous time to have a break!

Pitt comes in at 10-7 with one win in the ACC. Cappel needs the W big time but it’s doubtful to come today.

I expect us to be rusty, very rusty but to ultimately pull away by double digits

Duke-82
Pitt-68

Reactions: hart2chesson
Just guessing we see Jeremy for a spurt at least. Don't expect to see Mark. Look for a struggle, and I think Pisgah's forecast is on target. I will go with Duke, 80-66.

OFC

Without Mitchell and a potentially hobbled Roach, I expect a battle. Don't be surprised if we drop this one. But, regardless, I never pick us to lose, so Duke in a nailbiter.

I expect a much closer game without Roach and Mitchell. Duke 78-69. Close through out the entire game.

Injuries are lousy, but I would be disappointed if we cannot handle 1-5 (ACC) Pitt at home even without Mitchell and with a hobbled Roach. I look for Flip to continue his solid play and for Proctor and McCain to have solid games. If we were away, I think it would be closer, but I think Duke leads by 6 at half and rolls in the second half.

Duke 84
Pitt 62

I think it is pretty shortsighted to believe we won't struggle without two of our best players. People expecting us to throttle this Pitt team without those two are in for a rude awakening.

I think we win by 10. It may be close for a while but we have enough talent to pull away. I'd rather not see Roach play if he is not 100 percent even if we lose. Because if Roach tries to play and hobbles off the court again that would be terrible. With no Mitchell or even Reeves Stewart will need minutes. We will need good Young today, he may have to play 20 plus minutes. Power could get minutes at the 4 today. If Flip has foul trouble things could get dicey, but I think we pull it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: sheyduke
Duke in a close one and I think we will see Stewart today .
No four guard lineup please .
I would agree with the no four guard lineup. If Mitchell is out, why not go with Ryan at center and Flip at the 4 spot. Then they could have the three guard lineup of Proctor, McCain and Foster. I think Ryan can hold his own against this team.

Today could be a good opportunity for some guys on the team. I can’t wait.

Sure wish this was an afternoon game. Not missing the 49ers/Packers for a Dule/Pitt game. Probably have it on the tablet and half ass watch it.

Duke isn't losing to Pitt even without Roach or Mitchell.

Reactions: christophero
CBS has us up to a 2 seed. So probably not a good day to lose to a last place ACC team. Louisville may have taken their place today, but still. Pitt is bad. Down 1-2 starters sets us back, but this is a game we should win.

Last edited:
I hear you Bleed, but I still think we are better at every position even without those two. And we are home. Anything could happen but I really think we take care of business tonight.

Jeff did not exactly have his guys ready last time, in what was their biggest game of the year. I know he is a Duke guy but he has not impressed me as a coach. Pitt used to be a tournament mainstay. That said, tonight could be closer than comfort if we go cold from 3. But we should still win. It is a good chance to develop our depth. I feel like this team has turned a corner.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlanInNJ
Jeff did not exactly have his guys ready last time, in what was their biggest game of the year. I know he is a Duke guy but he has not impressed me as a coach. Pitt used to be a tournament mainstay. That said, tonight could be closer than comfort if we go cold from 3. But we should still win. It is a good chance to develop our depth. I feel like this team has turned a corner.
He took over a dumpster fire...

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Need a huge game from Proctor and Flip, it’s going to be a battle without Roach & Mitchell. Players all need to step up tonight. LFG, get the win anyway possible

Oh good just what we needed. Another lethargic opening with a top recruit in the building

This team almost always does the opposite of what I think. Still, it's early we need to settle in. We took their shot, now let's get back in it. 11-5.

This team almost always does the opposite of what I think. Still, it's early we need to settle in. We took their shot, now let's get back in it. 11-5.
Need to let power or Stewart grow here . The four guards are asking Flip to get into foul trouble

Reactions: christophero
If Young and Flip have foul trouble that would be bad. Each of them have one.
Is Borden suited up?

Yeah, Capel has them playing well. We're struggling big-time without two starters. None of which is surprising.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT