ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs Pitt II

I mean without Roach and Mitchell the common thought was it would be a battle. I just will never understand why Ryan gets burn over Stewart but it is what it is. Hopefully we can get in a groove.
Just curious, what does Stewart do that makes you think he should play more than Young?

Of course Hinson is hitting every shot. He's been absolutely terrible last 4 games. Unreal

I don’t understand why the guys, after taking the lead, go to hero ball. Yeah foster made that 3 but then he goes yolo to the basket, causes a dumb turnover and Pitt gets a 3 out of it. Can’t expect to win against someone on fire when you play dumb

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Just curious, what does Stewart do that makes you think he should play more than Young?
This feels like a game where a versatile, long defender could help us and I think that's Stewart, particularly on Hinson. In case you're curious.

Duke needs points, don’t care who is playing they aren’t scoring right now. Can’t win if you don’t score. Let’s go

I am strangely confident we will win this
(right after I type this Flip rolls an ankle)

Telling you everytime we tie or get the lead we play dumb basketball

Flip makes it up with a 3 but we won’t win if this continues. Come on guys

Last edited:
Telling you everytime we tie or get the lead we play dumb basketball

Flip makes it up with a 3 but we won’t win if this continues. Come on guys
Another awful flip turnover. Scheyer needs to call a to after we get the lead

Reactions: dukesince91
Scheyer didn’t make one single defensive adjustment the entire game.

Pitt literally ran the P and R for forty minutes until Flip or Ryan was on a guard and a guard was on a big.

He could have won this game with any number of ten thousand defensive coaching adjustments.

Well, it is what it is. Down two starters, and Hinson shot like Reggie Miller. Regroup and get the road win on Tuesday. I'm not happy, but I can't believe the bullshit being posted here by some.

Pitt literally ran the P and R for forty minutes until Flip or Ryan was on a guard and a guard was on a big.

He could have won this game with any number of ten thousand defensive coaching adjustments.
I agree, but I get it. This was about situations. Do our guys minus Roach and Mitchell have it.

Ugh. Thought we would pull this out.
Oh well, credit to Pitt and Capel.
We need Roach and Mitchell back ASAP.
This loss will drop us a line.
Still a lot of season left.

Reactions: jamsession2
Put your players into positions to win….he didn’t adjust…he didn’t do it….

This game was a coaching fail.
I can't argue your point. You're right. I just know in real time, as a coach, it's different and honest. Those nerves are there.

Good lord, you crawled out from under your rock because we're going to lose. What a joke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT