ADVERTISEMENT

ACC

BlackKnightNut

Cameron Crazy
May 13, 2007
Hey guys. I don't post as much as I used to but the old hats know me from yesteryear.

There's no way to spin it. The ACC, and state of NC by itself, is historically the strongest in basketball history. Growing up in Winston-Salem and going into the Marines and seeing the world made me realize a few things.

The ACC is looked at as down because of inflation. When the ACC had 9 teams or even less than 15 it wasn't so bad. But now the schedule works against us by default as having so many teams dilutes the schedule strength. When you have so many teams a few are going to be terrible. Yet as bad as they are GT still beat UNC and Duke. Let that sink in. They're not good but in another conference they may very well look much better (hypotheticals are bullshit but just using an extreme example)

Facts are facts. UNC has 6. We have 5. State has 2. Virginia has one. Maryland won one as an ACC member. GT has two final fours. Wake has a final four (being the fourth and occasionally fifth wheel in NC behind Davidson and UNCC is tough for them). Feel free to add any I am forgetting. Now Clemson is right on the doorstep...

UNCC has a Final Four and Davidson has multiple Elite Eights. App State, UNCA, UNCG and UNCW have been very strong on their respective levels over the years. It's just different in this state when it comes to basketball. Indiana gets a lot of hype but NC is underrated in HS ball and produces many players per capita at an astounding rate. We take it seriously here.

The media has been forcefeeding the Big 12 and SEC and Big Ten down our throats for years. I don't buy it. Call me crazy but the ACC always has been and until football destroys it will be the best conference top to bottom historically speaking. And Tobacco Road is the biggest reason why, the best in Big time college hoops and at the mid major level as well.

Novel over lol

I like the style of the B12 and admittedly am disappointed they haven't done better (last night being the exception of course). But this tournament shows the world what we already know--there are ACC teams that play tough, and when we lose to them it's because a team played us at a high level.

I wonder if the ACC has to get out and playa a tougher national schedule OOC to show how good our teams are.

Reactions: christophero
I was wrong about the ACC I thought it was down. I am glad those court storming Wake idiots were left out. Also glad we went further than UNC

I was down on the ACC. I still don’t think it was all that good but as with most things, the truth is usually closer to the middle somewhere. And there’s some teams that it does take a while for them to find out who they are.

For Virginia to be the “third best team” in the league lol, is a joke. We see once again the unbalanced scheduling and it’s affect on the league race. Clemson was always the tougher physical team. And Pitt was better as well, blowing out UVA @ UVA.

Funniest post I saw on inside Carolina last night was by someone who said that Clemson, Duke and NC State has made their “regular season championship” the most meaningless in history. (Lol).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT