ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS WAKE FOREST OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Our first “official” road game of the year. At Wake is never easy - hell, every ACC road game is tough, especially when you’re Duke.

While I don’t think we are clicking on all cylinders offensively, and we all know Cam needs to get it rolling - none more than him I’m sure, but our defense has been fantastic the last 4-5 games; and it’s carried us. If this team wants to be a serious national title contender, we have to develop our perimeter game - and we will.

Maybe tonight’s the night? Less pressure, the holidays are over and the grind is officially here. Duke opened at a -21 favorite which personally I think is a ton for a road game - regardless of your opponents record.

Tonight’s game is slated for a 7pm est tip and will air inn ESPN HD.

Duke - 83

Wake Forest - 69

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!

I take no ACC road game lightly. I too hope we can get our outside game jump-started. We're going to need to start making some one of these days.

Duke 81
Wake 70

OFC

My favorite part of the game (other than the nightly Zion Sport Center play) is when Duke's defense completely takes the other team out of their offense and imposes its will on the opponent. I'll look forward to that moment tonight and hope it comes early on.

DukeDenver, the wife got me tickets for my birthday tonight. Making the drive up from Charlotte. I've never been to Wake or any road game, got any tips?

DukeDenver, the wife got me tickets for my birthday tonight. Making the drive up from Charlotte. I've never been to Wake or any road game, got any tips?
I have never been there for a game either, but I know Winston pretty well. Wake fans are great IMO.

89-64. Hope Cam finds some offense, and I would like to see Alex get some good looks.

Wake is 158 in KenPom, the 2nd worst ACC team is GT at 85.
For comparisons sake, Yale is 89, San Diego St 142,

Duke 91
Wake 60

Don’t discount that hostile Wake environment, ha!
Saw tickets are cheap for the game. Debated making the trip down but couldn't miss work. I predict the arena will be half Duke fans.

Only thing that worries me is that stupid black/gold tie-dye typhoon looking sign that Wake fans always have behind the basket, makes my head hurt just looking at it, couldn't imagine attempting a FT with it.

Zion will have as many dunks as Tre will have steals...90-70 Duke!

Duke by however much coach k wants. I expect to see us go deep into the bench again.
Duke 91
Wake 68

I think this is a great place for a first road game. Probably the worst team in the conference. I'm excited to see how these guys respond to the environment. Should be our easiest game for the rest of the year.

Duke - 91
Wake - 68

Wake, not really that good! Don’t see Duke having much of a problem here even though it’s on the road.

Duke: 84
Wake: 61

Let’s Go Duke!!!

Obviously Duke has the ability to more than cover the spread, and I think the defense will be the difference. I agree with those that would like to see Cam come alive tonight, and a good game from Alex would also be nice.
The "D" will turn Wake over, and Duke will cover the spread on the road.
Go Duke!
OFC

Wake got beat at home by Gardner-Webb about a week ago.. this NEEDS to be an easy 15+ point win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT