ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS UTAH STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Still not sweating ingram at all. I wish all our players averaged double doubles but it doesn't happen. If by the time we are mid ACC play and he aint turned it up, then I'll be concerned. Outside of Kentucky, we haven't really needed him to be the player he was hyped to be. Thought he was alright today.

Loved this game, everybody played so tough, so good.

Luke was so fun to watch. Amile and Marshall were great. Grayson was himself. Just such a nice and fun game to watch.

Reactions: dukehokie
I'd rather Ingram bide his time on O, than take 12 threes and miss 10 of them. His D has picked up and that is crucial. We had so many turnovers created because of his length and activity.

Derryck, no worries. He is thinking he needs to get his game back by scoring. He needs to get it back by being a leader, but he's young so that will come. His perimeter D was still tough. We haven't had a point guard in years be able to make guys start their offense so far away. A lot of tipped passes were caused by his D. Now his off ball D needs to improve.

Passing-wise, Chase missed three passes that Derryck threw, and a few other opportunities were missed on Thornton passes. Bottom-line, Derryck must have had some bad karma, because he can't do anything right. The key thing here, K left him in Bobby Hurley style. Let him work it out. Shows he has faith.

Good win, on to Indiana.

Wouldn't it be really nice to just sit back and watch every game like this one!! That was really enjoyable. Kids have a long way to go, but it is looking better with each game.
Felt really bad for Thornton, especially after the missed dunk, but have no worries about him, it was just one of those games and he will be fine. Sometimes when you push yourself too hard, things go bad and just snowball from there. Staff will work with him, just gonna take a little time. I'm still excited to have him.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Reactions: cameroncrazie1985
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT