ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS UTAH STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Here's to hoping today's game is just a tuneup for Indiana on Wednesday. Although its 4-0 heading into this afternoon's game, its resume is a long way from impressive.

Today's game is slated for a 12:30pm est tip and will air on ESPNU HD.

Duke 84

Utah State 60

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duke - 87
Utah St - 69

Let's go boys. Get the links out before Indiana comes and takes their whipping.

OFC

Duke 88
Utah St 62

All I want to see out of this game is Luke Kennard get rolling and for the entire team to come out playing with intensity and executing on both ends of the floor from the opening tip. Need to bring it for 40 minutes, not just 20-25. Go Duke!

Utah State has not lost yet, but today will be their first! One more step in becoming a team, so let's hope for no injuries and for Luke & Brandon to continue hitting buckets. Would also love to see Chase get a little more time on the floor. Duke wins big.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

It would be cool if we played at Utah St when Frank Jackson is a senior. Their students are up-and-comers in the Crazies' mold.

Utah State has only beaten 2 D1 teams, and arguably their best player left 2 days before start of the season. That being said, they return 4 starters, and with the Duke D where it is, I'll say;

Duke 85
USU 77

^Yeah, another team that has some experience. They're not as good as Yale though. Hope we're able to get on a roll and our young guys get an infusion of confidence going into the Indiana game.

Duke 83
Utah State 68

OFC

Anybody thinking that we see some new, good development this game? I want a Luke 3 party breakout. Hey, I didn't realize when I said Luke was JJ-like at the stripe that he hasn't missed a FT yet. Let's see how long his run goes.

Reactions: cameroncrazie1985
2 great passes from Thornton, Jeter couldn't catch either of them.

Kennard is aggressive. This is a good game to cut our teeth in our man to man defense.

I don't think Thornton can pressure the ball so far out with the way the game is being called with these touch fouls. I think those calls frustrate him and he presses...

Reactions: Showenuff
A solid half. Great to see Luke get it going. It's imperative that we get at least one of the two (Luke or Brandon) contributing consistently. At this point I'm more confident that's it likely to be Luke.

OFC

Reactions: cameroncrazie1985
Hopefully we can get a little separation in the 2nd half, so that we can get Chase on the floor a little more. He may be a big piece down the line when the bigs get in foul trouble. Like our defense in spots so far, but a long way to go.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

If you notice Plumlee is hedging differently than against BYU.

Holding the opponent to 27 points in a half? I'll take that.

I'm still so disappointed with Ingram, I had my doubts when he had to climb his way to being in the top 5 recruits, to say he's just learning at this point is a bit ridiculous, I know some people learn slower than others, but most of the top freshmen come on strong as hell, Ingram just looks so damn lazy and unappealing, I'd rather have any of UKs forwards, they at least make impacts, other than that though we're starting to click.

Utah st may be awful but man we're starting to get it together. I'm getting excited about this team

Haha. grayson runs over to the sideline, gives K a little report on a situation, K says "I know" they look at each other and laugh. good stuff.

Reactions: dbav
May not want to leave MATT open for like 5 seconds out there......swish.

Thornton still making horrible decisions. Gotta be frustrating for Coach to go from Tyus to Derryck.

I'm not sure what to think of Ingram.... I don't follow recruiting that much but I keep waiting for him to break out a little bit and it just doesn't seem to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT