ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS UTAH STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Hate to critique when we are having a good game, especially from Kennard, but man it's frustrating to see Brandon sleep walk through this season. Any hope that it clicks for him anytime soon? He really reminds me of Josh McRoberts on the effort front.

Luke in beast mode

DT is my fav Duke player now but he is playing really bad. Hope he turns it back around soon!

That was the most aggressive move, I have ever seen Ingram make. I liked it!!

Maybe we just saw why we don't see Obi much. Three fouls in like two minutes.

Obi is Greco-Roman wrestling out there. He's a very big boy!

Thornton , it's just in his head. Time will heal it. He's even making easy lay ups seem difficult.

Best all around game we've had all year. Good to see Luke's shot begin to drop. I have no problem with Thornton. Don't know what we would do without him. Will be a key player for us to make a run for the NC. Remember Tyus 7 games into the season wasn't the the same Tyus on the championship run. Kennard for another 3 and just building confidence. Ingram needs a breakout game like 20 plus points. Jeter could use a big game also. Grayson just doing his thing and how about Captain Marshall and Captain Amile. Matt just does what's ask of him. Is that Obi getting some pt. Hard to find much to complain about this game. Would like to see everyone get a bucket this game. So far great team free throw shooting. OFC

Reactions: dbav
I like that Derryck is still attacking. He can't get much worse than this. Upward and onward young fella!

Sky's, um, no. TYUS was a frigging stud, the second he walked onto the court, day one.

I know we had the bench in the last 3 minutes but we really looked sloppy even for those guys. OFC

I really like Luke's style.. when his shots are falling, having him, Matt, & Grayson on the court together will be deadly..

Derryck had a horrible game. I know he's young, its early, and he will bounce back...but
that's two games in a row. We need much more from him if Duke is going to beat Indiana, even at Cameron. The offense, for the most part, runs much more smoothly with a true point on the court. Ingram's body isn't ready for college. I strongly think that's all it is. He is not ready, or comfortable with the physicality of the college game. With that said, I really liked the intensity all game and it was a well played game except for the last two minutes. Go Duke!

I'm still so disappointed with Ingram, I had my doubts when he had to climb his way to being in the top 5 recruits, to say he's just learning at this point is a bit ridiculous, I know some people learn slower than others, but most of the top freshmen come on strong as hell, Ingram just looks so damn lazy and unappealing, I'd rather have any of UKs forwards, they at least make impacts, other than that though we're starting to click.

He has better defense intensity this game for sure. I do not recall anyone going by him in this game (unlike earlier games). He is still not going to the rim aggressive. While not strong enough to play through contact, he should be able to get to the line regularly. It is very hard to block his shots with his long arms. As long as he can just go straight towards the basket w/o he himself altering his shot, he can contribute a lot on offense.

Agree with you, he just looks like he doesn't care on offense, idk what the issue is but it's depressing, if we had him contributing like he was supposed to, man we'd be a devastating team.

Don't be so quick to count IU out. You know how everyone circles Duke on their schedule and brings their A+ game. Duke will need to bring their defense if they want to win.

Agree with you, he just looks like he doesn't care on offense, idk what the issue is but it's depressing, if we had him contributing like he was supposed to, man we'd be a devastating team.

What does he look like when he doesn't care. Is an expression on his face or is it body language. Maybe I'm not just that observant but I just haven't noticed. Perhaps we are expecting a little too much from him and our other freshman. It seems to me that it was stated that he would lead our team in scoring and also Kennard would end up averaging about 17-18 ppg. Does anyone else remember anything about that. I thought for myself that Ingram would be putting up better numbers but it is evident that he needs some more seasoning. Kennard had a breakout game today. Is this a sign of more games like this one. Perhaps Ingram will breakout against IU or maybe Jeter will come into his own. We are 7 games into the season. We are better fans than we are showing for our young guys. I believe by the middle to the end of the season all of our kids will respond and contribute big time to our season. Last year at this time where was Grayson in his progression. Let's be a little more patient. What we we be saying if BIG LUKE MAYE and Kenny Williams were the freshman we were relying OFC

You know what's kinda unique about Luke. He has this thing with his 3 where he doesn't have to setup to hit a 3 like most players. His body doesn't need that huge step in spacing before his shot and he catches his defender off guard because he gets that shot up so quick and with a different stance.

You know what's kinda unique about Luke. He has this thing with his 3 where he doesn't have to setup to hit a 3 like most players. His body doesn't need that huge step in spacing before his shot and he catches his defender off guard because he gets that shot up so quick and with a different stance.
Very JJ and curry esque I'm that way

I think most of our fans believed the hype on Ingram and thought he would come in and dominate offensively. The speed and physicality of the college game is taking him awhile to get adjusted to. Plus when you go from being the man in high school to an atmosphere where everyone was also the man that's difficult for most freshmen to deal with. He's searching for his place with the team right now.

I see occasional flashes that make me think he's going to be special. I agree with Sky, look where Grayson was at this time last year! Coach K sees it, that's why he's one of our starting five players. Give him a few more games, come ACC play he's going to take off.

Reactions: dbav
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT