ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I am confident that we are going to see a much better effort in the second half. I’m very disappointed we need to fall in these holes before we start digging out. This habit of extended funks just isn’t going away

UNC is all around playing better than us. And UNC isn't playing well.

Reactions: sheyduke
I really expected more out of Grayson tonight in his last home game. I sure hope he come's out smoking in the second half. If he doesn't, this could get ugly!!!
OFC

I feel for people paying big money for these tickets. Maybe K is setting them up for second half. The offense tonight is Trent and Allen passing it back and forth until the shot clock expires

This Duke team is built to come back in the second half! Just not against the rivalry because no one except maybe Grayson cares about the rivalry.

I’d be embarrassed if I was anyone in a Duke uniform. You have the better talent, home court, more size, better players. Yet are playing like a JV team

Reactions: christophero
I don’t see a effort problem at all . It’s a lack of a pg that’s killing us . Our defense isn’t gonna be great I accepted that already.

The team needs it #1 pg In the country to play at half of his potential
Dude you really need to read scouting reports. Duval hasn’t overcome the one thing scouts were worried about him coming into college which was his ability to lead s team.

It’s not even our defense that is that bad. There’s no ball movement no drivers and Allen has been the worst I’ve ever seen offensively. Yes he leads us for points but his turnovers and shot selection have killed the team. I wish he’d drive it more. I don’t understand why he doesn’t play like a senior... and then on his senior night as well. I wanna see more of bolden. He looked tough out there and ready to go
You ever stopped and thought he's our only senior? The rest of the guys aren't living up to their hype. It's that simple. He's no point guard. Duval can't shoot, and our other one and dones are non factors. Keep blaming Allen if it makes you feel better. Our 2 stud bigs: 5 total points. 5. Against that front line? 5.
Once again, this is the worst ball movement Duke team I've seen in a while.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
UNC has experience...we have Allen and a bunch of freshman who have learned nothing in an entire season. Bagley coming back has hurt us. The commitment was there when everyone knew their role...now its just like watching a pick up team try to play a team who has played together for a few seasons...next year we dont even need a senior night...that is very telling. How many more years of great expectations and low achievement are coming?

I feel for people paying big money for these tickets. Maybe K is setting them up for second half. The offense tonight is Trent and Allen passing it back and forth until the shot clock expires
Don't forget the bigs getting the ball in the paint and being deteemined to take a shot no matter how bad it is.

I don’t remember seeing one baseline screen to open Allen or Trent up for a corner three. The lack of movement on offense is what’s killing Duke. It’s easy for UNC to play defense when the man they’re guarding doesn’t move. I have a feeling that will be addressed at halftime.

Okay I’m going to try to be a little positive... as awful as we have played we are only down 10... come out with fire, heart and passion and get back into this game!

We’ll make a run or two this half. I’m not sure we can win, but we’ll make a run. Being in a close game down the stretch just doesn’t go very well for this team.

Arguably worst half from us this year and only down 10 to pretty good team. Bagley and Carter have about 3 pts each. We can get back and quick. This crowd will help but it's gonna take some guys reaching down deep.

I don’t remember seeing one baseline screen to open Allen or Trent up for a corner three. The lack of movement on offense is what’s killing Duke. It’s easy for UNC to play defense when the man they’re guarding doesn’t move. I have a feeling that will be addressed at halftime.
That's the key to it all. Ball movement. We standing around like we've all got tickets to the game. Like you said, not hard to guard if you just stand there.

How many of you felt unc was going to hit that 3 at the end of the half. This is like a scripted movie. I think we could hit more free throws if we were trying to miss them. Ok stay positive.We could and should be down more than ten. Let's hit a couple quick and get some stops and we're right back in the game. OFC

This Duke team is built to come back in the second half! Just not against the rivalry because no one except maybe Grayson cares about the rivalry.

I’d be embarrassed if I was anyone in a Duke uniform. You have the better talent, home court, more size, better players. Yet are playing like a JV team
Took me a while to get this. None of the young guys grew in the rivalry so this is just another game to them.

Reactions: sheyduke
Our offense is terrible...Bagley does nothing unless it’s a dunk or lob at the basket...it is what it is...but we are a worse team with him on the floor...

You ever stopped and thought he's our only senior? The rest of the guys aren't living up to their hype. It's that simple. He's no point guard. Duval can't shoot, and our other one and dones are non factors. Keep blaming Allen if it makes you feel better. Our 2 stud bigs: 5 total points. 5. Against that front line? 5.
Once again, this is the worst ball movement Duke team I've seen in a while.

I agree Mac. No one is playing well, but Grayson has to play out of position on this team.

OFC

Arguably worst half from us this year and only down 10 to pretty good team. Bagley and Carter have about 3 pts each. We can get back and quick. This crowd will help but it's gonna take some guys reaching down deep.
Bagley just seems to be staring off into outer space when rebounding. What happened to that beast mode mentality he had early on.

Bad half. We have only 4 guys that can score the ball on offense right now. Zone doesn’t work against teams that can shoot. Call a spade a spade.

We have way too many guys that can’t hit a jump shot. Tent and Allen are double teamed on the perimeter and Carter and Bagley are double teamed in the post.

Duke might come back in the 2nd half but I doubt it. This is way beyond a shameful performance and I am embarrassed to be a Duke fan tonight. I am in much pain tonight and will tell you folks about it tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT