ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

The last 7-8 minutes you guys really shut us down. No two ways about it.

That was brutal to watch. And it’s a trend that has become all too familiar throughout the decade. We take a lead in Cameron, we falter down the stretch.
THR is pretty brutal to read today. Would you agree that THR is just like here after a loss, but with the inensity like 100% greater?

I'm going back to work on Wed. When Duke lost to unc earlier the unc fans there met me by throwing crying towels at me. I kept them Pretty nice towels. At half time I figured if we lost they would have a broom waiting for me. Been thinking of what I can do to get back at them. Thought about giving the towels back but like I said they were nice towels. After much thought here's what I've decided to do and that is nothing. Act as though it's another day. Don't even mention it. I know they will be waiting for something. let them wait. For some reason if they come up with an officiating complaint I'm gonna say "you guys are right. You got screwed by the refs again. How many games is that now that it has happened. It's got to be getting close to 800. I don't know what kind of reaction they will give but I don't think they will be prepared for mine. OFC

I rewatched the game yesterday. A few observations. I like the idea of a fresh Duval playing 25 minutes and pushing the ball into the defense. Carolina missed a TON of 15 footers in the 2nd half, but as someone mentioned, they were rushing them, perhaps as reaction to the shots we blocked earlier. Bolden is playing some very solid basketball. Carolina seemed to lose their fight in the last 8 minutes. Perhaps they just got tired. Don't see that from them very often. Pinson is a gamer. I think he ends up on a NBA roster next year. He could be a good role player.

THR is pretty brutal to read today. Would you agree that THR is just like here after a loss, but with the inensity like 100% greater?
I haven’t been over to THR yet but I bet their having a fit about us not dropping in either of the polls since we lost to Virginia Tech even though we beat them and they dropped to #12 and #11 in the polls

Reactions: VaBlueDevil33
What a fantastic 2nd half, just absolute dominance! I wish there was a way to ensure that they would play that way for 9 more games, because there is no doubt, they would be hanging #6 in Cameron. So proud of the 2nd half effort from everyone, and a big thanks to the "Basketball Gods" for answering my prayer, and guiding Grayson and Duke to victory. Amen
Go Duke!
OFC

Watching Grayson hug the coaches really made me happy. They are Krzyzewski's replacements

Honestly there was a period of time (late 2000s) that I worried the program might be unable to transition past Krzyzewski. He has done a quality job putting a staff together :)

Actually, letting go/giving up control is extremely hard to do. Especially for a coach who really can coach. Also was a very risky move. Could have resulted in a real embarrassing blowout. It was more than taking the easy way out. It recognized that the over thinking and structure slowed them down which they could not afford against a more experienced team that was playing great as a team. Less thinking led to a better offensive flow and allowed the better talent to overcome the better teamwork.

A successful baseball coach one told me the hardest thing sometimes to do is sit back and do nothing...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT