ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs UNC

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
📍 Chapel Hill
📺 ESPN
⏰ 630
The time has come for the greatest rivalry in sports to resume. Jon Scheyer is 2-0 against UNC all time.. can he stay undefeated or does he suffer his first L in the series? Carolina is currently favored by 4.5.

Carolina comes into the game with a game lead in the ACC after dropping their previous outing against GT. Duke finished January with its best record on the month in a few seasons.

To win we need to keep bacot and Davis in check.. can we do it? We will see we tend to play very well in chapel hill especially when game 1 is there.. im going to go with-

Duke-88
Carolina-83

Duke is never the underdog! That being said, it'll come down to how we rebound and how the game is called by the zebras. I have a feeling, the reffing will be their advantage due to it being played at the nose dome. Because of this we have to be clicking on all cylinders and come out fast to get their crowd out of it.

GTHC! GTH!

let's go duke GIF by Duke Men's Basketball

Obviously hoping we win. This could go either way. Teams seem evenly matched. Nice to have Roach and 3 sophs.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Need to contain Davis and compete on the boards. Also have to hit 3's consistently....Flip needs to show up today, we cant have periods where he disappears or becomes a momentum killer. Rivalry games are always tough and the unexpected can happen...lets go Duke!

Need to also limit their second chance points and fast break .
Rebounding will be hard but as long as we keep it close Duke has a chance .
I have UNC winning by five . I see Flip and Young in early foul trouble .

I think Duke HAS to keep Flip out of foul trouble and keep their point guard from penetrating. He creates a lot

I think we match up pretty good with them. I think our guards’ length will give them a problem. My biggest concern is second chance points for them. We have to send 5 to the defensive boards. If our bigs stay out of trouble, we got this.

Duke 76-72

Reactions: KDSTONE
I hope the players are feeling a loose as I am about this game. UNC is at home, leading the conference and coming off a bad loss. Up until Tuesday they were pretty clearly the best team in the ACC.

We are coming off a couple good wins. In my mind there are quite a few “ifs” but I do feel if we play tough and shoot a decent percentage from 3 we win. In my mind Mitchell is the X factor.

Lastly, either way, I sure hope the refs have absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

Let’s go Duke!

Reactions: jeffrey236
I am going to catch hell for this but

UNC - 73
Duke - 65

It will honestly come down to Flip. If he plays like tissue paper then we lose. He has to play the best he’s played all season. Everyone else needs to play the same game they have been.

Roach seems okay, others running up and fown floor Willy nilly. Refs of course won’t call all that contact on UNC.

Roach came to play today. All the others seem too amped up. We weathered the storm early. Relax and we'll be fine

Reactions: AlanInNJ
Count me as perfectly happy if we take this into halftime with a one possession game and flip with one foul. Let’s go!!

I can’t believe we can’t get the lead with bacot and Davis sitting so much

How was that a foul on us when it was clearly an over the back rebound...oh wait...its the dean dome

Reactions: ioliva
How does bacot get away with fouling so much? He literally hit flip like 3 times with his elbows together

And bilas called it excellent defense lol

Almost halftime and Duke has more rebounds and more points in the paint. North Carolina has 3 fouls and a 9-0 edge at the line. Look for the officials to call 3 to 4 fouls on Carolina the last 2 mins for looks. Same BS every time

Bacot gets away with another blatant push on foster

And then heels get the rebound after hitting our guy in the air to sink a 3. Unreal.

weak finish to the half..defensively and decisions on the offensive end....their experience is telling

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT