ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS CAL STATE FULLERTON NCAA TOURNEY 1ST RD OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
I love this time of the year. Christmas and the NCAA tourney - my two favorite seasons.

This year brings both excitement and nerves knowing that every game could be Coach K’s last. The way this tourney has started, NO ONE is safe and the bumpy path this team has been on since the Carolina game hasn’t put any of us at ease.

What do we know about the Titans? Well for starters, they’re 21-10 overall and received their tourney bid by beating Long Beach State by one point in the Big West Conference tourney championship game. The 49ers were the one seed and the Titans the two heading into the tourney.

The Titans are led by do-it-all forward E.J Anosike who averages 16.5 and 8.3. The Titans best guard is Damari Milstead who averages just over 12 ppg. CSFU has no one else that averages in double figures.

From our standpoint it’s got to be a maximum effort on the defensive end. We need to eliminate the mental mistakes on offense and shoot it better, MUCH BETTER, than we did against Tech.

Duke enters tonight’s game as an -18.5 point favorite - dare I say the exact spread Kentucky was listed as before falling to #15 seed St. Peters.

Tip-off is slated for 7:10pm est and will air on CBS.

Duke - 85

Cal State Fullerton - 64

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duke by ten. Play great defense set the tone early . There is no doubt every under dog has watched what St. Peter’s did and has a confidence boost.

We have a big size advantage so get the ball down lown and let Mark and Paolo do their thing. Jump on them early and take their confidence away. No score prediction... Just win and play Sunday.

Last edited:
It sure would be nice to jump on them early and go into halftime up 25 and coast in the second half. But I expect us to come out tight and look beatable. I think we will pull it together and win by 15. Please get the ball inside today. Please!?!?!

Duke 77
CSF 62

Hopefully our team was watching what happened yesterday and collectively said "thats not happening to us"..we need to play with intention and at our highest level...no loafing or being careless to give CAL ST any belief. Dominate the tip and every minute from there. Duke by 20+

I thought we would win by 32, but then I saw Kentucky lose. From what I've read this team is not as good as St. Peter's. I'd like to see us up double digits in the first half and win by 16 or so. If this team follows recent form it will be close in the first half and we win by 8-10. But I think the practice time rest help this team and we come out ready.
Duke 98
CSF: 82

Last edited:
If on the first defensive series, Fullerton runs the inevitable high ball screen, and it ends up with Mark guarding their smallest player, we are in big trouble. If our guard goes over the screen staying with his man, and Mark drops back with his man, we are in good shape. Hoping for the best.

I think we win by double digits, but to make a run someone is going to have to step up in a leadership role. Our guys need to get some "dog" in them. UK losing yesterday can only help our guys with perspective.

On a related note, there is an INCREDIBLE amount of pressure on this team considering a loss means K's last game ever.

Reactions: christophero
There are no style points for winning, but considering we haven't looked good the last 2 weeks, it would be nice to get a comfortable win. But as long as we win the next two I won't complain. If we go out in the sweet 16 I'll be disappointed but okay. If we go out the first weekend in Coach K's last year that will be a tough pill to swallow.

Last edited:
Good Lord that almost gave me a heart attack. Hopefully a time traveller did not post that.

Like to see Bates get a few minutes. Might be needed is Spartans win and Duke wins

Late to the board but saw those two awful keels turn overs. Smh I’m glad k went roach but… damn it roach

I love that kid but he has no business on the floor. He has talent but it never seemed to click for him......
He needs to play. If we end up killing these guys he needs to play to to get his confidence back so he can contribute. Dude had a real good game this year, forgot which one and then lost his minutes the next.

He needs to play. If we end up killing these guys he needs to play to to get his confidence back so he can contribute. Dude had a real good game this year, forgot which one and then lost his minutes the next.
I think his confidence has entered the transfer portal

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT