ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

Did one of them seriously say that? I sure hope there isn't someone that dumb over there.
tarheelblue4u:

"Who cares he is a spoiled Kid. He will b a passing memory after next year.I don't know why we keep talking about the child on this site. His name doesn't need to be mention on tarheel site anymore.Too much class in this program for him.we will win games anyway.One spoiled kid will not make a championship. PLEASE TAKE HIS NAMEOFF SITE..HE'S NOT WORTHY TOO BE HER"

Reactions: denniden
Mistercvr4 on why the Fin went elsewhere...

"As far as the "playing time" I'm calling BS on that one. With Brice and James gone after we wrap up the NCAA title last I check we have 3 bigs plus 1 newbie. But to hell with him. I guess he didn't noticed that all the so call TOP bigs that go to Zona seem to never do much. It's like the graveyard U for bigs at Zona. IJS."

James McAdon't read so good says hi. As do many others that saw their draft stock fall under Roy.

Also, I guess that Championship is already in hand.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
tarheelblue4u:

"Who cares he is a spoiled Kid. He will b a passing memory after next year.I don't know why we keep talking about the child on this site. His name doesn't need to be mention on tarheel site anymore.Too much class in this program for him.we will win games anyway.One spoiled kid will not make a championship. PLEASE TAKE HIS NAMEOFF SITE..HE'S NOT WORTHY TOO BE HER"
Yup, there is someone dumb enough to say that crap. Sadly, he is not fooling one single person. Giles is a difference maker type recruit. Roy recruited him hard for years now. Recruits know what the score is when it comes to UNC. Possible sanctions or not, Roy and UNC do not et the Giles type recruits to the NBA like they should when they do have them. Recruits and their families are aware.

Roy recruits just about every single OAD recruit that everyone else recruits. I would be concerned if I was a UNC supporter over the lack of interest from a local kid who won't visit in an official capacity. Especially after putting in years of time with said kid.

Giles is a good kid who has a rare opportunity to get to the top level of his desired adult profession in a hurry. He understands that UNC can't offer him the opportunity to do both win and advance in a timely manner. Either can't or won't allow him to. Whichever.

Mistercvr4 on why the Fin went elsewhere...

"As far as the "playing time" I'm calling BS on that one. With Brice and James gone after we wrap up the NCAA title last I check we have 3 bigs plus 1 newbie. But to hell with him. I guess he didn't noticed that all the so call TOP bigs that go to Zona seem to never do much. It's like the graveyard U for bigs at Zona. IJS."

James McAdon't read so good says hi. As do many others that saw their draft stock fall under Roy.

Also, I guess that Championship is already in hand.

You know, I see this all the time over at THR. Many of them feel it's almost preordained that the Heels will win the title this year. It's just not that easy, too many things can go wrong...and hopefully that will be the case.

OFC

You know, I see this all the time over at THR. Many of them feel it's almost preordained that the Heels will win the title this year. It's just not that easy, too many things can go wrong...and hopefully that will be the case.

OFC

Frankly, I'm relieved that it is already determined. That's going to save me a lot of stress while I watch the season unfold. :)

Yup, there is someone dumb enough to say that crap. Sadly, he is not fooling one single person. Giles is a difference maker type recruit. Roy recruited him hard for years now. Recruits know what the score is when it comes to UNC. Possible sanctions or not, Roy and UNC do not et the Giles type recruits to the NBA like they should when they do have them. Recruits and their families are aware.

Roy recruits just about every single OAD recruit that everyone else recruits. I would be concerned if I was a UNC supporter over the lack of interest from a local kid who won't visit in an official capacity. Especially after putting in years of time with said kid.

Giles is a good kid who has a rare opportunity to get to the top level of his desired adult profession in a hurry. He understands that UNC can't offer him the opportunity to do both win and advance in a timely manner. Either can't or won't allow him to. Whichever.

The part in bold is bolded for a reason. I don't doubt Roy works hard or that he's a fine coach, but what he's selling just doesn't resonate with kids right now. I expect it eventually changes and UNC becomes the program it once was....heck, they're on the short list of favorites to win it all this year so it isn't as bad as even some of us wished it was.

But again, for UNC to have as many top-rated kids in their own backyard in this class and not being able to secure a one has to be alarming for them....whether they admit it or not. In the past, UNC walks away and hand picks one or two of these kids no questions asked. Now, they're hardly getting them on campus. That's a red flag to even the most ardent and delusional fans. It has to be. And while I don't doubt it's partly the NCAA-thing, I can almost guarantee that's not the sole reason.

TPFKAPFS on Duke after Coach K:

"[Duke] will be fine immediately after he leaves, but the decline could be catastrophic if they choose the wrong successor! (Doh!) Do they have a Roy in the wings?"

Dear lord, I hope not!

Also, I would like to point out that some at THR are interpreting Coach K's decision to step down from Team USA in 2016 as a sign that the end is near for our success as a program. It's amazing what they convince themselves to believe is true.

Reactions: pisgah101
Good lord, lots of amazing quotes since I left work yesterday:

DSouthr with a load of nonsense: “make no mistake about it, if duke could snag Kalipari duke fans would be thrilled.”

- This opinion is based on what exactly???

Gary on Wendell Carter: “Even Capel's shenanigans ain't gonna do him any good with Carter.”

- I hope Gary is as "right" about Carter as he has been about every other prediction...

SK1310 on Wendell Carter: “Carter is a big UNC guy. He was waiting for an offer and got one.”

- Then why was he at CTC and isn't attending Late Night with Roy?

DSouth talking about Markkanen committing to Arizona: “I mean, of all the places the kid could have gone, you elect to play for Miller? That guy has flat out wasted a ton of talent, just straight up wasted them. For this kid to mortgage his future on that coach is an amazing bad decision IMO. And when you have a program like UNC offerring you, a program know not just for putting players in the NBA but a program that especially features its big men and yet you elect to play for a coach that has not won a darn thing even with loaded lineups, just boggles my mind.”

- Since Miller has been coach at Arizona, there have been 9 Wildcats drafted. In that same time, there have been 11 Tar Heels drafted. Of those 11, however, 4 were in '09 and 4 were in '12. Boom and bust in Chapel Hill, trending towards bust the last 3 years. That trend will not change with the players coming out of Chapel Hill after this season. Paige and Johnson are future second round picks, and Jackson will be if he stays another year (or maybe will be undrafted like one-time lottery projection McAdoo).

Good lord, lots of amazing quotes since I left work yesterday:

DSouthr with a load of nonsense: “make no mistake about it, if duke could snag Kalipari duke fans would be thrilled.”

- This opinion is based on what exactly???

Gary on Wendell Carter: “Even Capel's shenanigans ain't gonna do him any good with Carter.”

- I hope Gary is as "right" about Carter as he has been about every other prediction...

SK1310 on Wendell Carter: “Carter is a big UNC guy. He was waiting for an offer and got one.”

- Then why was he at CTC and isn't attending Late Night with Roy?

DSouth talking about Markkanen committing to Arizona: “I mean, of all the places the kid could have gone, you elect to play for Miller? That guy has flat out wasted a ton of talent, just straight up wasted them. For this kid to mortgage his future on that coach is an amazing bad decision IMO. And when you have a program like UNC offerring you, a program know not just for putting players in the NBA but a program that especially features its big men and yet you elect to play for a coach that has not won a darn thing even with loaded lineups, just boggles my mind.”

- Since Miller has been coach at Arizona, there have been 9 Wildcats drafted. In that same time, there have been 11 Tar Heels drafted. Of those 11, however, 4 were in '09 and 4 were in '12. Boom and bust in Chapel Hill, trending towards bust the last 3 years. That trend will not change with the players coming out of Chapel Hill after this season. Paige and Johnson are future second round picks, and Jackson will be if he stays another year (or maybe will be undrafted like one-time lottery projection McAdoo).
I like how in the same thread they knock Duke for being a "OAD nba factory" and then tout their ability to put players in the NBA. can't make this shit up.

there was a time when DSouthr actually made some reasonable statements, but in the past couple of years, the cheese has really slid of his cracker. But still in all the king of the nuthouse is that keysersosay idiot followed closely by gary-7 , crazier than a pack o shithouse rats.

Not sure i saw this one yet from Heel58 posted: "It was obvious when Theo announced his commitment that Giles wasn't coming to UNC. Theo put the UNC cap on to announce and then put it on Giles and Giles couldn't get it off fast enough and acted liked a jerk. Everybody can say oh he's a good kid but I don't agree."

Yep that makes him a jerk! Giles was what? 15 when that happened?

And in the same thread same guy: heel58: "maybe Roy came to the realization that he is an arrogant jerk."

WOW, just WOW. And you wonder why no kids want to go to UNC.

The OAD players Roy does land, get turned into multiple year guys. He does well with big
Not sure i saw this one yet from Heel58 posted: "It was obvious when Theo announced his commitment that Giles wasn't coming to UNC. Theo put the UNC cap on to announce and then put it on Giles and Giles couldn't get it off fast enough and acted liked a jerk. Everybody can say oh he's a good kid but I don't agree."

Yep that makes him a jerk! Giles was what? 15 when that happened?

And in the same thread same guy: heel58: "maybe Roy came to the realization that he is an arrogant jerk."

WOW, just WOW. And you wonder why no kids want to go to UNC.
Yet a guy like Harrison Banes who told Coach K to "save #41 for me" is a king among men. LOL.

dadika in response to a South Carolina fan saying that Seventh Woods will probably be a Tar Heel:

"What is this? A rational, coherent, unbiased comment on this board from someone who isn't a UNC fan? You must be lost :)

All really good points, please teach those Duke and UK trolls some tact
."

Rational, coherent, and unbiased . . . if you tell them what they want to hear. Gotcha.

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
That pretty much sums it up.

They're also praising Bilas right now for going to bat for Roy, but the minute he makes a constructive point about UNC he'll be just another dookie in attack mode.

I fully admit to reading a lot of that board the past few months. Just when I think they can't take it a step further they go deeper into left field. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm hooked.

Reactions: skysdad
DJ, I'm guilty of being hooked as well. It's just so entertaining reading their nonsense.

They're also praising Bilas right now for going to bat for Roy, but the minute he makes a constructive point about UNC he'll be just another dookie in attack mode.

I fully admit to reading a lot of that board the past few months. Just when I think they can't take it a step further they go deeper into left field. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm hooked.

Sometimes going over there is like visiting "The Twilight Zone." I read things from experienced posters there that just don't make sense at all. But it's got to be a "Carolina Family" trait. HOF Coach Roy Williams does some things that just don't make sense either so I guess it runs in the family. Can't wait until "Late Night With HOF Coach Roy Williams" and see what goes on that night and really looking forward to the season when things start going wrong and what he comes up with to say and the following family meltdown. OFC

Might go over there right now and see what i can scoop up.

Reactions: skysdad
I just returned from a trip from "The Twilight Zone" and the thread named "The Beginning of The End for Duke Basketball" I would love to spend a few minutes with a baseball bat alone in a room with the Keysersosay#1 idiot. That hateful Hitler like tyrant is so full of venom for all things not UNC its sad. He loves anything negative pertaining to a bad situation with another team. I would love to see Coach K take a few hits on him. Hey jealous idiot, Duke has two NCAA Championships since your last one.

I can only read their idiocy in small doses. It just makes my head hurt trying to rationalize that someone can be delusional. I was just browsing through the Beginning of the End for Duke thread and the crap they were spewing about Coach K and Capel being crooked, just pissed me off. I politely made my first post over there, since being banned in April 2010. I really didn't say what I wanted to, because I didn't want to act like a Heel fan, but I did say this;

For fans of the University that's mired in the biggest CHEATING SCANDAL IN THE HISTORY OF THE NCAA, it amazes me that you have the audacity to accuse any other program of being dirty or crooked. How about looking in the mirror first!

Hopefully, this will be enough for another ban, but, of not, I will have to try harder.

Go Duke!

So a Kensucky fan had the nerve to question academics at UNCheat. This was the response by DSuckr:

"So now you want to say academic scandel and not athletic scandel? I swear, you guys change it to fit your purpose to down play UNC. You want it both ways and you are not going to get it that way here, not on this UNC site.

And to answer your statement, you darn right UNC and UNC fans have EVERY RIGHT to point out, crow, scream, or in what ever method we elect to proudly say that UNC is a much higher rated academic university than Ky. THAT, in itself is a DROP THE MIKE MOMENT BUT GONNA HOLD THAT MIKE FOR ONE MORE POINT!

How DARE YOU,ESPECIALLY a Ky fan, to come here AND TALK ABOUT ACADEMICS OF ANY OTHER SCHOOL!!!! Are you so dim witted as to believe that your beloved school does not have easy grade classes that YOUR athletes cluster in to? Your head coach is known for recruiting kids out of grade factory high schools, same coach that had a final 4 season stripped from the record books for having a player that had to have someone else take his SATs for him. Same Ky program that brought in a recruit and magically kept qualified for what, 3 years that couldn't read on a 1st grader level? Same Ky program that kept Eric Bledsoe and John Wall qualified for their only 2 college semesters, actually had John Wall having HONOR GRADES, what a freakin joke!

There is reason folks think Kalipari is a slimey snake oil selling master cheating scum and Ky fans were the first to call him that before he joined the program known for the headline Kentucky SHAME...

Yeah, UNC had some easy grade classes, KY has them, duke and NC state has them, most if not all the D-1 programs do (saying it nicely because the truth is every single one of the D-1 and D-2 programs have them). But YOU want to single UNC out for ours and the only retort you have when we point out how much higher a ranked academic institution UNC is over Ky is to pull out the weak SCANDEL LINE? That crap may fly on Ruppy rafters or Devil den, or the wuffy packer, it will not work here!

That thud you just heard, is the mike dropping on your arse ! NEXT..."

jchammock had a pretty good response, but it's important to know that yelling through the keyboard is how a man handles his business, haha.

Courtesy of Tru Blu Tar Heel:

" And as for Giles, given the way his recruitment has gone, in not entirely sure he would've fit what the Heels want to do."

Wouldn't fit what the Heels want to do? I guess that means they don't want to win.

" And as for Giles, given the way his recruitment has gone, in not entirely sure he would've fit what the Heels want to do."

Wouldn't fit what the Heels want to do? I guess that means they don't want to win.
If they want to be less talented, then yes, I agree with Tru Blu. If they are not trying not to get top talent in their own backyard, then again I agree with Tru Blu. If being not being represented by a fine young man who has always carried himself in a gracious way and treats people with respect, then I agree again with Tru Blu.

Easy classes at schools for athletes? Absolutely. There shold not be one person denying that. Fake classes that do not exist? I think that is another story altogether.
The best part is that none of those clowns likely went to UNC, yet they are still adamant about the school's academic integrity.

Reactions: denniden

To be fair, bringing in a guy like Giles doesn't really fit into what they are trying to do.

i

THR today it was stated the refs give K an automatic 10-12 points. So basically he said if it wasn't for the refs being afraid of K we would never win... Ha

I think they know we are paying the officials. That was to be kept in house. Someone on this board let the cat out of the bag. Who was it? I want to know. OFC

Reactions: pisgah101
You all need to stop clowning on the great savior, Luke Maye. He ran a sub 6 min mile, faster than any hole on the roster this year.

Yhay's only because P.J."s not on the team. I heard he could run and run and run and run some more.:D OFC

Reactions: topps coach
DSouth with a couple of headscratchers last night:

"I do not find Tar Heel fans speaking to other programs academic problems ironic at all"

- Again, I don't think he knows what "ironic" means.

"And no, not a kardashian nor a jenner, I have and maintain all the tools I was born with and have no desire to change that."

- Uhhhh, what? By the way, these comments were in the same post, with this comment coming completely out of left field.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
UNCGridironFanatic: "D@mn Skippy, Roy sure isn't an Izzo. He's WAY better...."

^ I actually totally agree with this one. Roy IS way better than Izzo, at saving his timeouts.

Man, it's not even Christmas yet and I feel like I've received so many gifts from that board.

The funniest thing about the quote is he refers to MSU as mooU. Never heard the Spartans called that. I've heard UNC nation call NCSU as mooU but not MSU. New to me. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT