ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes....

haha! don't look now, but steat set Bryce STRAIGHT! LOL! god that crowd is fuggn hilarious. It is truly amazing how so many posters there have to balls to call other universities "shady". UNC is simply on the verge of being the biggest cover up cheat university on the planet and they STILL throw that crap out. Mind boggling.

Denial keeps flowing along.

Nile%20River%20Old%20Well.jpg

OFC

haha! don't look now, but steat set Bryce STRAIGHT! LOL! god that crowd is fuggn hilarious.
It is indeed. Let's break down some of the highlights:

"No one can read Roy's mind, but there were some things going on at the tail end of this recruitment that made UNC blink. I'l leave it up to you to fill in the blanks."

First he says that nobody can read Roy's mind. Then he essentially reads Roy's mind. Then he basically tells Bryce to read Roy's mind.

"UNC had "no chance" for this one-in-done recruit and in the end the Heels had no desire for him."

So UNC had no chance with Skal or didn't want him . . . or both? Apparently it's both.

"UNC has not landed any one-in done recruits in the last few years."

Last few years? Uh, try since Brandan Wright in 2006. Also, is Steat bragging about the fact that UNC doesn't land OAD recruits?

"even if Roy would developed amnesia and violated his long time principles"

Roy is a man of principle because he doesn't land OAD recruits? Now I have to make a list of every OAD recruit Roy offered in the last few years....\

"That's the difference between UNC and Kentucky. He would not be practicing with the current players or on the UNC campus."

Didn't PJ practice when he was suspended and before he wasn't reinstated?

Just a quick list, and I'm sure I missed many others, but here are some of the OAD players who spurned a scholarship offer from UNC:

Jahlil Okafor
Rashad Vaughn
Justise Winslow
Trey Lyles
D’Angelo Russell

Andrew Wiggins
Juius Randle
Jabari Parker

Austin Rivers

But yeah, according to Steat, Roy is a man of principle who wouldn't sully his reputation by offering OAD kids. Some UNC fans need a serious reality check...

Reactions: skysdad
I also believe that Wiggins was heading to UNCheat according to Steat, Gary and others.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Just a quick list, and I'm sure I missed many others, but here are some of the OAD players who spurned a scholarship offer from UNC:

Jahlil Okafor
Rashad Vaughn
Justise Winslow
Trey Lyles
D’Angelo Russell

Andrew Wiggins
Juius Randle
Jabari Parker

Austin Rivers

But yeah, according to Steat, Roy is a man of principle who wouldn't sully his reputation by offering OAD kids. Some UNC fans need a serious reality check...
If anyone of those players decided that they wanted to go to UNC, Roy would have taken them in a second. Anyone saying otherwise doesn't have a clue about anything.

Jahlil Okafor
Rashad Vaughn
Justise Winslow
Trey Lyles
D’Angelo Russell

Andrew Wiggins
Juius Randle
Jabari Parker

Austin Rivers

That's why he went after high character guys like P.J. Hairston and Will Graves OFC

Saw this posted by TPFKAPF5 "That's why I put missed in parentheses" that was in response to someone that responded to a previous comment that he posted and in that previous post he put quotation marks around the word missed not parentheses.

Those who lives in glass houses shouldn't cast stones. Here is DSouthr on Skal and his eligibility concerns at UK:

"This thing is shady man, no surprise that he is at ky because shady does not matter there and that is certianly true for their coach."

Seriously? Was a 20+ year academic scandal shady? Are Dean, Gut, Doh, and Roy all shady because they benefited from and likely condoned blatant institutional cheating that spanned over 2 decades? Was Frank McGuire (major NCAA violations and point shaving rumors) shady? How about Larry Brown? He certainly embodies the real Carolina Way...

Crack open a history book, DSouthr. Or maybe a dictionary. Your blind ignorance leads me to believe you don't know what shady really means.
The same Skal who they swore they are the leaders for right up until he chose Kentucky? That guy?

It is indeed. Let's break down some of the highlights:

"No one can read Roy's mind, but there were some things going on at the tail end of this recruitment that made UNC blink. I'l leave it up to you to fill in the blanks."

First he says that nobody can read Roy's mind. Then he essentially reads Roy's mind. Then he basically tells Bryce to read Roy's mind.

"UNC had "no chance" for this one-in-done recruit and in the end the Heels had no desire for him."

So UNC had no chance with Skal or didn't want him . . . or both? Apparently it's both.

"UNC has not landed any one-in done recruits in the last few years."

Last few years? Uh, try since Brandan Wright in 2006. Also, is Steat bragging about the fact that UNC doesn't land OAD recruits?

"even if Roy would developed amnesia and violated his long time principles"

Roy is a man of principle because he doesn't land OAD recruits? Now I have to make a list of every OAD recruit Roy offered in the last few years....\

"That's the difference between UNC and Kentucky. He would not be practicing with the current players or on the UNC campus."

Didn't PJ practice when he was suspended and before he wasn't reinstated?

I did see Bryce21's post, also surprised he made it over there, but what he wrote actually had dates of when Skal made a visit and where Roy went to visit him. How is that not recruiting if Skal visits UNC and Roy visits Skal?

I understand if Roy just showed up to watch him play, no ship offered, no visits, etc., but come on now. We all know that Roy recruits one-and-done's every year...the problem is when he lands a one-and-done, he turns them into multi year players. This way he can always say, I didn't recruit a one-and-done.

Gary back at it with more nonsense:

"Wall was Roy's for the taking in a year where we desperately needed a PG (even a one-and-done). Roy laid out his conditions (no handlers). Hell, Wall could prolly never have gotten through admissions anyway.. yet somehow he did at UK"

More talk about UNC's academic excellence. I just don't get it. When are they going to accept reality? Also, last I checked, Wall made the SEC Freshman Academic honor roll. But yeah, I guess he was a moron that couldn't even get admitted to a school that had to concoct a fake major so that kids that couldn't even read could come play basketball and football.

2016 class is the first class that we'll have multiple kids (hopefully) that are expected OAD from the time they sign. Last year's class only had 1. Two others excelled to the point they became OAD, but they weren't expected too when they were recruited. This year's class only has one. But i love how they get their panties in a bunch over there about how we're becoming this OAD U like UK and how we're selling out and how they'd rather not get those guys and lose than get those guys and win. GIVE ME A BREAK.

i love how they get their panties in a bunch over there about how we're becoming this OAD U like UK and how we're selling out and how they'd rather not get those guys and lose than get those guys and win
All while Roy keeps offering these kids, and they keep turning him down. They all need to take their blinders off.

That's a classic example of them talking out of both sides of their mouth, timo. They recruit all of these same kids....but the kids spurn them.

No where to really put this and I'm not starting a new thread because it's been discussed before, but remember when Tyus, Jahlil and Justise took unofficial visits to UNC after being here and they were in the Dean Dome trying to replicate the Austin Rivers shot? I just smile every time I think about it. It made some of the UNC fans insane....which for most of them they were already there, but you get the point.

That's a classic example of them talking out of both sides of their mouth, timo. They recruit all of these same kids....but the kids spurn them.

No where to really put this and I'm not starting a new thread because it's been discussed before, but remember when Tyus, Jahlil and Justise took unofficial visits to UNC after being here and they were in the Dean Dome trying to replicate the Austin Rivers shot? I just smile every time I think about it. It made some of the UNC fans insane....which for most of them they were already there, but you get the point.
They dont turn them down. If you ask Steat or Gary, UNC walks away from them before because they have issues such as handlers, academics etc. winky face, dot dot dot, get inside roy's brain.

remember when Tyus, Jahlil and Justise took unofficial visits to UNC after being here and they were in the Dean Dome trying to replicate the Austin Rivers shot? I just smile every time I think about it. It made some of the UNC fans insane....which for most of them they were already there, but you get the point.
Wait, that happened? That is freaking AWESOME! DJ, you have a link about this story by chance?

Reactions: dbav
Wait, that happened? That is freaking AWESOME! DJ, you have a link about this story by chance?

I actually don't Mark. I know there was a thread at THR about it after it happened. It might have been that bleeduncblue guy. He doesn't like K and Duke, thus he gets a little carried away at times, but he is plugged in to a lot of what's happening at UNC.

Anyway, he has a buddy who works in the athletic department who had told him about it. I guess Roy was polite about it, but behind closed doors he was pretty furious. That's also likely when Roy realized he had no chance at any of them. I want to say they were juniors in high school at the time....it was during the season. Someone here maybe remembers it more vividly.

Reactions: Mark Gastineau
I actually don't Mark. I know there was a thread at THR about it after it happened. It might have been that bleeduncblue guy. He doesn't like K and Duke, thus he gets a little carried away at times, but he is plugged in to a lot of what's happening at UNC.

Anyway, he has a buddy who works in the athletic department who had told him about it. I guess Roy was polite about it, but behind closed doors he was pretty furious. That's also likely when Roy realized he had no chance at any of them. I want to say they were juniors in high school at the time....it was during the season. Someone here maybe remembers it more vividly.
Great stuff! Thanks for filling me in DJ!

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!! dgheel57 with the post of the week talking about Skal's eligibility concerns:

"If you can't qualify to get in any college and one accepts you anyways then that school is crooked as hell....I hope and pray UNC never gets that desperate for a star player."

Good. LORD! I wonder if he's heard about the UNC scandal where they . . . created a fake major so that kids that could barely read would be eligible to play basketball/football for the past 20 years. Just amazing.

On a related note, I don't think there has ever been a question about Skal's academics. All of his eligibilty concerns are related to his handler's attempts to make money off of Skal.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil

It happened and it was Pinson that was there as well. Which makes it even more hilarious.

Something tells me gary is going to be disappointed about his boy Wendell Carter too.

Oh no, and after being wrong for the past 893 times I thought Gary (the blind squirrel) found the 2nd of his nuts to be right twice in a row.

OFC

Reactions: dbav

I remember that well. That was so funny. Not sure where the story originated from but in a linked article below Tyus was asked if it was true (do I have to even answer that:D...the man is Stones by golly!)...and here's the excerpt:

I heard you reenacted the Austin Rivers shot in the Dean Dome, is this true (Chasen Ross)?

Tyus Jones: “Yeah, it just kind of came up. We were in the North Carolina gym shooting around and that was somewhat recent so that’s a memory that sticks out from that gym so that’s how that happened. I think we all made it after a few tries [laughing].”

http://dukereport.com/duke-recruiti...swers-duke-reports-readers-questions-jpaunil/

OFC

Poor, simple Steat:

"Bledsoe couldn't even talk and made it though Kentucky's admissions. Then he gets there a makes the Dean's list."

McCants says HELLO!!!

http://www.tarheeltimes.com/article43716.aspx
This was the original story; it was actually Pinson who made the trip, but obviously Duke got the better end of that deal with Winslow instead
Right it was Pinson....btw they're huge over there when they don't get a recruit on saying they walked away from said recruit. You know a real ACTUAL example of walking away from a recruit? What we did with Theo Pinson. Nice player, but we wanted Winslow. Game. Set. Match.

Right it was Pinson....btw they're huge over there when they don't get a recruit on saying they walked away from said recruit. You know a real ACTUAL example of walking away from a recruit? What we did with Theo Pinson. Nice player, but we wanted Winslow. Game. Set. Match.
Roy's legs must be very weary, because he has been doing ton of walking away lately.

DSouth on the reason behind Skal's eligibility concerns:

"He withdrew from school because he disagreed with the coaching staff? And what was that disagreement, could it have been that the coaches at that school felt he needed to attend classes and he disagreed? You may not need to know but pretty sure the NCAA needs to understand that disagreement. My point is you are being just as subjective assuming it was athletically based as in we should play man rather than zone. Matter of fact and not being subjective, I find it more likely that the disagreement was more classroom related."

He calls a guy subjective for assuming that Skal's issues with eligibility are not related to academics. Then DSouth says he's not being subjective when he states that it is "more likely" related to acaedmics. What?

I don't think DSouth understands what subjective means.

Also, this article from nearly a year ago points out that the issues are not related to academics: http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...ucky-tennessee-reach-your-dream-prep-calipari

Roy's legs must be very weary, because he has been doing ton of walking away lately.

Just wait until Late Night With HOF Coach Roy Williams and when he breaks out into that UNC Jive dance. Those legs will be energized and will be all over the court. He's a dancing machine that would own Dancing With The Stars. :D OFC

DSouth on the reason behind Skal's eligibility concerns:

"He withdrew from school because he disagreed with the coaching staff? And what was that disagreement, could it have been that the coaches at that school felt he needed to attend classes and he disagreed? You may not need to know but pretty sure the NCAA needs to understand that disagreement. My point is you are being just as subjective assuming it was athletically based as in we should play man rather than zone. Matter of fact and not being subjective, I find it more likely that the disagreement was more classroom related."

He calls a guy subjective for assuming that Skal's issues with eligibility are not related to academics. Then DSouth says he's not being subjective when he states that it is "more likely" related to acaedmics. What?

I don't think DSouth understands what subjective means.

Also, this article from nearly a year ago points out that the issues are not related to academics: http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...ucky-tennessee-reach-your-dream-prep-calipari
I've been browsing/lurking over at Rupp Rafters a little bit here and there lately and from what I've read on there, it seems like Skal's eligibility issues are from his guardian trying to get money. DSouth is about as out of touch with reality as Gary-7 is. They are probably the 2 most delusional fans on THR.

Dammit, this thread is amazing. I didn't know all that about our guys reenacting the Rivers shot.

The biggest question I have is if Roy continued to recruit them after that. I think someone said they were juniors at the time.

Agreed, Pinson really wanted to go to Duke, but Duke straight up wanted Winslow

@endicott is going fishing in the Skal thread. I think he comes up with a couple of blowfish...
I'm not even fishing, I've been fairly vocal I really don't care about the scandal and that if you dig deep enough you're going to find academic improprieties at all successful(and unsuccessful) programs, as well as a whole bunch of other stuff. I'm just sincerely intrigued by the ability of some of those guys, most of whom I presume to be older, to say some of those things, it's really fascinating. I don't know if it's a lack of self awareness or what. Ftr, I hate when all fanbases do this, and they all do, it's just the conviction with which they say things like John Wall not being able to get through admissions at North Carolina that makes it unfathomable.

It'd literally be the equivalent of me saying K told Jamal Murray no because he may be a OAD.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT