ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS WAKE FOREST OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

So we finish the last six games at 98-79-94-88-88 and 113 pts given up...

Just look at those numbers..This teams defensive philosophy is broken and K isn’t adjusting. On top of that most of these games are against the middle to bottom of the entire ACC..

How can NCst not be a warning that was heeded? This team just does not seem to have the mentality to jump on teams who are inferior. We have been behind in most games to inferior opposition. Just a head scratcher to see this type of performance given how many times its happened...showed correction then just reverts back to this.

Reactions: pisgah101
Like all of us I am so disgusted. I think this game pretty much wrote the script for us going forward losing to a very weak team we should have easily beaten. Completely disgusted.

I will say it again Jack White is an absolute liability on offense but there is absolutely no reason he couldn't have given us better minutes down low with his rebounding ability in both overtimes. Sometimes I really question Coach K. Matthew Hurt weighs like 85 lb and got absolutely abused in the paint.

Reactions: SWEc/o95

Just look at those numbers..This teams defensive philosophy is broken and K isn’t adjusting. On top of that most of these games are against the middle to bottom of the entire ACC..

Is it just a coincidence that Jack White didn't get any burn hardly during that stretch?

Slow starts are a common theme for this team. How after NC state this team could come out and basically play the same game is hard to comprehend.

Reactions: tripleb71
Bottom line is we got beat again by a team we should have beaten pretty easily. As of right now a #2 seed is doubtful not for just thr losses but who we lost those games to. Love this team but they need to figure out why they can't get prepared for games like this. Not giving up on them. OFC

How can NCst not be a warning that was heeded? This team just does not seem to have the mentality to jump on teams who are inferior. We have been behind in most games to inferior opposition. Just a head scratcher to see this type of performance given how many times its happened...showed correction then just reverts back to this.

While it is a rivalry game, so you throw it all out, but the UNC game should have been the wake up call. That UNC team is absolute trash and it took a miracle twice to beat them. This would be the same UNC team that didnt even scratch 60 points at Wake a week or two ago and got blown out by 17.

Coach K is not absolved of blame here, this is unacceptable.

Terrible loss but good minutes by JRob. Goldwire at the end of regulation was atrocious. Still not sure why White is not getting much run lately. Just need to temper expectations for this team in the dance. I’ll be pleased if we get to the final 4 but not surprised if we don’t. These guys play hard but we have too many holes and inconsistent play.

Obviously we're not playing well, but as we've seen with other teams that can change quickly. Fortunately the tournament didn't start tonight. We can still turn this around.

OFC

Like your positivity, but it's starting to get a bit late compared to past teams coming on strong after struggles isn't it?

The slow start was annoying but wasn’t the reason we lost. We had that thing sown up and blew it with sloppy play at the end of regulation.

positives: If the game is close and Tre isn’t completely exhausted, we will always have a chance. We can now watch Zion and try to forget about all of this.

I think they key word is consistency. We have none. Whether it’s starting lineups or effort or whatever. We look amazing at times and then we look like hot garbage others. I just don’t get it.

This team will be fortunate to get out of the first weekend of the NCAA tournament. No legitimate shot at winning it all.

My interest has never been lower.

These guys can’t beat Wake but some think they should be in the NBA next year. It’s a joke.

Is it just a coincidence that Jack White didn't get any burn hardly during that stretch?
He hasn’t hardly played in weeks and was playing well..he is the reason we beat Kansas in the end with his defense. Not saying it’s the reason because it’s not, but doesn’t make sense he can’t get any PT now. K has never made any sense in how he handles these things.

If I have to hear Coach K say, “Look Wake is a really good team” at the presser I’m gonna puke. I get you don’t want to say we lost to a bad team but everytime we lose, the other team is the greatest coached and has the greatest players ever....sigh

Like your positivity, but it's starting to get a bit late compared to past teams coming on strong after struggles isn't it?

I've seen teams suck most of the year and get hot at the right time. Wasn't it Syracuse a couple of years ago that just about didn't get in the NCAA's, but did some damage when they made it.
Our team plays well against the better teams, and doesn't get up for the lesser teams so that seems to suggest we're pretty good. K has to figure out a way to get a sense of urgency from our guys. I still think we're going to be a tough out.
And yes, I'm a positive type guy, 'cause negativity never gets you anywhere.

OFC

If I have to hear Coach K say, “Look Wake is a really good team” at the presser I’m gonna puke. I get you don’t want to say we lost to a bad team but everytime we lose, the other team is the greatest coached and has the greatest players ever....sigh

yup.. Lehigh and Mercer were goats that got blown out the next game.. I expect that this yr

Reactions: DukeCE2006
Well K should add that he got out coached by Danny Manning as well

Are you a politician? 96,65,60,88,64,113.
65 to FSU. 96 to UNC
60 to ND. 88 to NC St
64 to VT. 113 to Wake

This team just seems to play to their level of competition. We don't respect every team we play. We will go to UVA and probably win by 8-10 points.

I’ll be honest, I wasn’t as mad at the State loss as I should have been. Partly because of our luck there. But this one absolutely sucks and it leaves an extremely bitter taste in my mouth. What an absolute collapse at the end of regulation there. Just awful.

Love my Dukies but man, we simply don’t have “it” this season. This is a game true contenders lead from start to finish. Oh well, still gonna enjoy the rest of the season but, a title is completely out of the question for this squad.

We’re not a very good team right now. It’s frustrating. But a lot of people just say really dumb things.

If this team were to somehow make a run (as unlikely as that would seem right now), this would be a good thread to start a Favorite DI Quotes thread with....just saying.

When we were 22-3 a lot of people got a false sense of hope, myself included. We weren’t as good as that record and we’re not as good as the one we have now. This team can beat anyone. Unfortunately, they can lose to just about anyone too. That makes it unlikely to win four or more consecutive games against good teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT