ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA TECH OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

We need to regroup and get back to basics these next 2 winnable games at home. I said earlier if we lose again in the reg season, it would be this game. Still believe that.

Reactions: skysdad
get healthy. Finish out the season.Win the ACC tourney and hope for a #1 seed. It is ultra frustrating to have to overcome these many injuries every year.

Tough to watch the ACC regular season championship head out the door. The main prize is still on the table, but sucks none the less. Duke has more trouble in that gym than in any other in the ACC for some reason.

I like Buzz...watched him coach a lot while he was at Marquette!
He seems like a cool dude at times, I watched a bit with him and his players ad respecting the national anthem. But then at times like in this post game interview, he comes off as a bitter jackass. Complaining about a missed call from a year ago and literally taking in the victory while he's being interviewed.

We played the toughest conference schedule of any team and battled adversity throughout. Here’s to hoping we are at full strength from here on out.

Reactions: Quavarius and dbav
he's serious
Absolutely serious....how can you do that and then have it all out in the media about it and come in one game later and coach an egg like this was? Was it just big rah rah for the one game against Syracuse?

That’s Va Tech best game of the year. Sad thing is they won’t make through the 1st weekend of the dance. Beating Duke is the highlight of their season. And Duke pissed away a lot tonight. Mainly a 1 seed unless they win out and win the ACC tourney

I can't believe with as much talent as we've had and the coach we've had why we just cannot win one regular season ACC.

Just couldn't stay completely healthy. Ugh. We'll we can still win the ACCT. Hopefully.

Crazy how you can be virtually locked in for the overall #1 seed and 6 days later it feels like you’re fighting to still have 1 seed.

Of course I don’t want us to lose but I know we are different without Z, the W/L column isn’t my concern. I don’t want to lose out on a 1 seed. Blah.

We aren’t throwing away a #1 seed, we are trying to get through a season while dealing with important players being out for extended parts of it.

This loss did not take us off the 1 line. Losing if Zion comes back will take us off the 1 line.

We absolutely ARE throwing away a 1 seed. Let's forget for a moment that this was a winnable game against VT, even without Zion and even with Barrett sick. We now have no margin for error once Zion comes back. If we lose to UNC on the road and a game in the ACC tournament, we're a 2 seed.

Poorly coached game tonight. I don't understand Coach K's love affair with Jack after not even playing him against Syracuse (I'll give Coach K some credit and assume Jack was sick against Syracuse, otherwise his rotations tonight were even more inexcusable).

Have to agree with you. Rotations were nonsensical. Certainly not going to turn this into a finger pointing post but we have some major issues if we have Jack or Jav playing starter minutes.

Emotions are a little high right now but we are feeling like a sweet 16 team at best right now. Zion changes things of course.

That’s Va Tech best game of the year. Sad thing is they won’t make through the 1st weekend of the dance. Beating Duke is the highlight of their season. And Duke pissed away a lot tonight. Mainly a 1 seed unless they win out and win the ACC tourney
A lot will have to go wrong for Duke to not get a 1 seed.

K-Oach Has terrible takes ALWAYS, I’m not gonna agree with him.

But this wasn’t K’s greatest game. Alex was still hot on O with little play, we showed zero adjustment all night and got ABUSED out of every break.

We don’t run O, which can work when you overwhelm with talent. We’re not out talenting the top of the Acc.... how about gettin Q touches?? How about sitting Tre some, letting RJ run some point with AOC on the wing???? Something!!!

I LOVE Tre but he’s on the hook with Z out, he’s getting exposed, as is Duke.

Good news is we have Zion coming....

They could of won this game with good coaching tonight.....we shouldn’t have lost this one....

I grateful that I don't know you and we don't watch the games together. You have to be the biggest Duke downer on this board. I just don't get fans like yourself. OFC

Reactions: QC Dukie
Why is it that everytime we lose the headline includes words like “stuns” and “shocks”

We did
We absolutely ARE throwing away a 1 seed. Let's forget for a moment that this was a winnable game against VT, even without Zion and even with Barrett sick. We now have no margin for error once Zion comes back. If we lose to UNC on the road and a game in the ACC tournament, we're a 2 seed.

Poorly coached game tonight. I don't understand Coach K's love affair with Jack after not even playing him against Syracuse (I'll give Coach K some credit and assume Jack was sick against Syracuse, otherwise his rotations tonight were even more inexcusable).

Guess you missed Joe Lunardi saying that he isn’t moving us off the 1 line with a loss tonight. Or how we were the #1 overall seed when we weren’t even ranked #1 when the committee released their only rankings.

The committee takes everything into account including the strength of our wins and the fact that we have been without the NPOY the last week where we picked up 2 of our losses.

Relax man, not everything is doom and gloom because we lost. We didn’t play well, they did.

K-Oach Has terrible takes ALWAYS, I’m not gonna agree with him.

But this wasn’t K’s greatest game. Alex was still hot on O with little play, we showed zero adjustment all night and got ABUSED out of every break.
Except you agree with me right here....please see above statement...
We don’t run O, which can work when you overwhelm with talent. We’re not out talenting the top of the Acc.... how about gettin Q touches?? How about sitting Tre some, letting RJ run some point with AOC on the wing???? Something!!!

I LOVE Tre but he’s on the hook with Z out, he’s getting exposed, as is Duke.

Good news is we have Zion coming....

Tech played a great game...can’t be too mad since my son attends Virginia Tech.. But I’ll be ignoring his calls and texts tonight!

Reactions: AlanInNJ
I don't understand some of the decisions either , but my god. The guy has like 7 or 8 posts talking about how bad K is. And that's about the only time he posts is when we are struggling: I'm not sure he or she is really even a Duke fan
It's almost literally the only time he posts. He only posts to whine when we're losing. If we ever become a team that loses 9-10 games we won't have to worry about him anymore.

Reactions: DukefanKY
Sooo.. if Joey Baker is getting less than 5 minutes per game when Zion is out....
I have a feeling Joey burned his redshirt for 3 minutes of playing time. Maybe he didn't plan on staying longer than three years so it may not matter.

wtf? AOC goes off against Cuse yet tonight gets limited run? he goes 2-2...limited time. Not sure what that says to a player. I'm no BB coach but some of the changes in personel are just perplexing. We got a lead a couple of times and then just gave up easy buckets. Not our best night obviously but some of the decisions of who plays when are just head scratching

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT