ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA TECH OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I’m tired of hearing that our players are sick. Reddish was sick a month ago, RJ was was throwing up for 3 days in a row 2 weeks ago. Now he’s sick again? God knows who else too. Can we get some disinfectant in the locker room? It’s a long season for everyone. If I hear “we are tired and emotionally exhausted” one more time after a game...... Sheesh, I mean it’s been the narrative of the season. All this sick, tired, exhausted, worn out, mentally drained, blah blah blah crap has got to stop. If we are just so physically and emotionally spent after every game, I’m ready to fire the conditioning staff, hire crisis counselors and force the guys into hazmat suits.

Stop criticizing Coach. He’s been doing this here at Duke for over 3 decades. He knows what the hell he’s doing, even if you can’t make sense of it.

Last thing - I have no clue what in the name of Space Jam is going on but let’s get a call to Moron Mountain and tell the minion to return Jack’s powers. It’s time to ball. We need to ensure a #1 seed!

If we lose those games with Zion would winning tonight have mattered in the slightest? You are insufferable as a fan. You are only happy when there are things to critique.
I don’t read his ignorance anymore

People saying VT is a mediocre team need to open their eyes. They’re missing their best player and more than likely going to get the four seed and a double bye in the acc tourney. Mediocre?? Hardly.

Yes. People point out they were missing Robinson as if he just went out. He’s been out for most of conference play and they are still a ranked team, that is impressive. They are no slouch and they executed everything very well last night.

We can lose every game without Zion. I could care less. Everyone knows we’re a completely different team with him and was clearly the best in the country with him playing. So all of this doesn’t matter. Region or seed doesn’t matter. We can be the 4 seed and I’m still confident we will win the title

Reactions: BlueDaveil
We can lose every game without Zion. I could care less. Everyone knows we’re a completely different team with him and was clearly the best in the country with him playing. So all of this doesn’t matter. Region or seed doesn’t matter. We can be the 4 seed and I’m still confident we will win the title
If and when Zion comes back are you concerned he will not be as explosive as he was prior to the injury?

Does suck, bad bug rolling through the team, it's not an excuse, it's just life. Disinfectant ain't gonna keep a group of young men from giving each other the flu bug when they operate together so closely every day of their lives. You just take whats dealt and move on.

Reactions: QC Dukie
If and when Zion comes back are you concerned he will not be as explosive as he was prior to the injury?

Not at all. He’s getting too notch training and rehab right now. I had knee surgery and came back more explosive than ever before. You don’t just lose explosiveness because of a little knee sprain. Plus he’s getting plenty of time to heal

Stop criticizing Coach. He’s been doing this here at Duke for over 3 decades. He knows what the hell he’s doing, even if you can’t make sense of it.
/QUOTE]

Yep and I've been as crtical of him as anyone in the past! However last nite under the ADVERSE circumstaces he did all he could muster!

OFC

People saying VT is a mediocre team need to open their eyes. They’re missing their best player and more than likely going to get the four seed and a double bye in the acc tourney. Mediocre?? Hardly.

100% agree. I said before the game that VT is the most underrated team in the country. If they played in any other conference they’d be a top 5 ranked. ACC is so loaded that they’re overlooked.

Does suck, bad bug rolling through the team, it's not an excuse, it's just life. Disinfectant ain't gonna keep a group of young men from giving each other the flu bug when they operate together so closely every day of their lives. You just take whats dealt and move on.

^This. I tend to agree with Show here, I have a feeling that there is a little more going on health wise than meets the eye. With the schedule and travel through this stretch, the kids seem to be a little worn out. Tre more so than anyone else, he looks really tired, and of course RJ, you just can't tell because his expression hardly ever changes.
Like Show said, it is what it is, and just hope we can get healthy soon.
Go Duke!
OFC

Coach K mentioned in the presser that the guys are tired. 4-2 in what ESPN and others consider the toughest stretch in college basketball this season for ANY team is not a bad record. Especially considering that Zion didn't play in the 2 losses. A loss in Blacksburg doesn't bother me as much as they seem to have our number at Cassell for the past few seasons. This team needs rest and it needs Zion back. I never thought that 1 player could/should truly alter a team but Zion can.

I would love to see Zion back at least for the Wake game next Tuesday. That would give him 1 game before the rivalry game with Unc. It would also give him 2-5 games back with the team so that they could gel before the NCAA Tourney. It is all about the NCAA Tourney and trying to get #6 banner in the rafters of Cameron.

I myself could care less about the ACC regular season... it lost all of its glory the day the round robin went away several years ago. The regular season is so unbalanced... take for example Uva and Unc only play each other once. We will have played both of them twice. It is just the luck of scheduling that benefits different teams different years.

I am also at the point that I don't value the ACC Tourney as much. Don't get me wrong I want to see Duke win it all in Charlotte. But 3 games in 3 days with a short bench is not ideal. In 2015, we won it all but didn't win the ACC Tourney. I would be ok with that happening again.

I know it may sound wrong but use the ACC as a warm-up for games to prepare for the dance. We all want that championship #6. So hopefully White can find his shot and him and/or Alex can add a 4th scoring option for this team. I really think we will need one of those guys to step up and just put in some points to make a 6 game run in March Madness.

Here's to getting over but not forgetting the loss in Blacksburg and hoping this team is back in gel for March Madness.

Coach K mentioned in the presser that the guys are tired. 4-2 in what ESPN and others consider the toughest stretch in college basketball this season for ANY team is not a bad record. Especially considering that Zion didn't play in the 2 losses. A loss in Blacksburg doesn't bother me as much as they seem to have our number at Cassell for the past few seasons. This team needs rest and it needs Zion back. I never thought that 1 player could/should truly alter a team but Zion can.

I would love to see Zion back at least for the Wake game next Tuesday. That would give him 1 game before the rivalry game with Unc. It would also give him 2-5 games back with the team so that they could gel before the NCAA Tourney. It is all about the NCAA Tourney and trying to get #6 banner in the rafters of Cameron.

I myself could care less about the ACC regular season... it lost all of its glory the day the round robin went away several years ago. The regular season is so unbalanced... take for example Uva and Unc only play each other once. We will have played both of them twice. It is just the luck of scheduling that benefits different teams different years.

I am also at the point that I don't value the ACC Tourney as much. Don't get me wrong I want to see Duke win it all in Charlotte. But 3 games in 3 days with a short bench is not ideal. In 2015, we won it all but didn't win the ACC Tourney. I would be ok with that happening again.

I know it may sound wrong but use the ACC as a warm-up for games to prepare for the dance. We all want that championship #6. So hopefully White can find his shot and him and/or Alex can add a 4th scoring option for this team. I really think we will need one of those guys to step up and just put in some points to make a 6 game run in March Madness.

Here's to getting over but not forgetting the loss in Blacksburg and hoping this team is back in gel for March Madness.

This just about describes my feelings absolutely perfectly

Reactions: Skeelow22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT