ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs ND

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
📍 cameron
⏰ 9:00
📺 ACCN

Bounce back time.. Duke comes into what should be an easy game after a tough three game stretch as a 16.5 ppint favorite over the Irish.

This game has lost some of its luster without Brey but will still be nice to get a win.. With UNC losing we are still in the ACC race but cannot afford another L or we are probably finished in that regard.. let’s see how this team responds (something we keep waiting for)

Duke-90
ND-72

Yes Mac!! Let's start a run tonight!

Win out to the UNC game and then let's take them to the woodshed at Cameron. IF that happens, and believe me, despite the Duke blue glasses, I realize it's a bit of a stretch, but IF it happens we would be in the top 5 in the country, poised for a run for the ACC championship and a 2 seed in the tourney.

There's a lot of basketball to play between now and then!

Duke by a bunch tonight.

We should win this. I think we are good, but as of now I can't see us making a deep run. We are just not tough and/ or experienced enough. I am kind of annoyed UNC manhandled us yet lost the game before and after. Still time to improve. Proctor needs to step up.

Close out the half strong which is something we have trouble doing. Think we won but don't cover

Duke wins by 20+, the offense and defense look great! Ball movement and sharing of the basketball will be on display.

Nice to see Stewart get in for a block and jam. He can help but needs experience and confidence

Reactions: hart2chesson
Amazing plays by Stewart!
He is the only player on the team capable of blocking a shot like that, sprinting the floor and catching an alley oop. Thats the guy i envision when you start him alongside Mitchell and Flip. Very Harry Giles esque vs UNC.

Last edited:
Shew, what a lousy way to end, not only the half, but really the last 5-7 minutes weren't great. This second half is the most important half of basketball this team has played this year thus far—gut check time. I don't care who the opponent is. We can't let this team hang around.

I think he suffers from lack of definition in his game...he hasnt picked how he wants to play and so each facet is mediocre. He needs to decide if he's an inside player, or a slasher etc...he for sure isnt a 3pt shooter but still tries it too often. He'd be better off deciding how he wants his game to mature and stick to it...IMO

The crazies have been lethargic tonight. I've been to Cameron a ton and I can't remember a year where they have been this meh. K's last season, they were fantastic for most of the season, and last year felt like a return to form at times.

For how bad flip has been tonight...Ryan young- yikes.

Just hang on and win.
Big difference between the two Jimbo. We are all excited when Young contributes, but Flip is expected to be a little better.
Maybe we all expect too much out of him, and maybe he can’t handle being the focal point. He just forces too much and he may need to adjust his approach on offense a little.

But Flip does play hard.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Big difference between the two Jimbo. We are all excited when Young contributes, but Flip is expected to be a little better.
Maybe we all expect too much out of him, and maybe he can’t handle being the focal point. He just forces too much and he may need to adjust his approach on offense a little.

But Flip does play hard.
He's certainly played poorly of late, but the kid is still first team all ACC and helps the team in so many different ways when he's not scoring. He's just not a traditional center like he's being forced to play.

Got a W- that's all that matters. Get ready for BC, who isn't a horrible team.
You're 100% on point, Jimbo. At this point, we have to impose our will on opponents. The effort was there tonight. It just felt like a slugfest because of how the Irish like to muck it up. We rebounded decently. We played good, but not great defense. Flip wasn't his best self, and we still won by 18.

Surprised Foster went 4-4. Came in shooting about 60%.
I was surprised he hit all of his. We can't afford the team to miss so many, though. I actually don't get nervous when Roach, Proctor, and Mitchell hit the line now. I can't watch when Flip takes his shots, haha

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT